Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: AC/DC's Black Ice
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 26, 2008 14:06

Justin
The single is out this Thursday!

No it aint mate. Its out in September

Its only going to be released to radio as of Thursday this week

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: August 28, 2008 05:44

it's coming out on radio tomorrow
hell!!!!! , cant wait , just some hours for it!

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: August 28, 2008 07:13

Jesus christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This blew me into the other room, Brain just blows me away, holy mother of god!!!!! Rock Is Back!!!!!!!!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: August 28, 2008 11:12

Listen the whole sing and ENJOY!!!

VAmmmmosssss!!!

Click on this link and then play, black ice!!! [www.elmundo.es]

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: August 28, 2008 11:44

I wonder how many songs they have done that sounds almost exactly like this. Hard to understand the excitement about it when you can listen to Highway to Hell anytime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 12:20 by Svartmer.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 28, 2008 11:49

Thanks for the link !

Any rapidshare or similar ????

Posted by: roby ()
Date: August 28, 2008 12:02

[www.myspace.com]

Big sound,great tune, fantastic band spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 28, 2008 12:09

AC/DC back with hot new single Rock 'n' Roll Train

[www.news.com.au]

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: August 28, 2008 12:30

Just listened to it.

Good, but not great. Alaways the same sound I'm afraid.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: August 28, 2008 13:58

Jim Price
Just listened to it.

Good, but not great. Alaways the same sound I'm afraid.

AC/DC with different sound is not AC/DC. They've got the same sound since 1974!!!

Good song though I don't like the chorus. Too much voices in the background !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Date: August 28, 2008 15:29

THE REAL ROCK N ROLL BAND ARE BACK AT LAST!

imagine if the Stones ever came with a song that good ???

AC/DC have had eight years away and they come back sounding EXACTLY like they did. @#$%& GREAT stuff. proper rock n roll with a pumping catchy riff and a solid Phil Rudd groove

i've not stopped smiling for two hours at least

is it classic ? well not in relation to their 70's / early 80's peak. but it beats the @#$%& out of anything they've done between Who Made Who and Stiff Upper Lip (which i liked)

it has the two key ingredients.

1. it sounds like AC/DC
2. it is AC/DC

Amen

Date: August 28, 2008 17:08

Purely right andy js >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: August 28, 2008 22:52

i can second that , andy js!!
acdc rox!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 28, 2008 22:55

It rocks. I left the site up for one hour and it played over and over and over. Excellent.

Yeah, it's not like anything from the 1970s - big deal. It's not the 1970s anymore. If the record is anything near as good as Stiff Upper Lip, which I think is pretty damn good, then I think a lot of fans will be happy.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 28, 2008 23:19

roby
[www.myspace.com]

Big sound,great tune, fantastic band spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sho nuff & no doubt
they bring it

Date: August 29, 2008 10:27

[www.news.com.au]

Australian rockers AC/DC have "delivered their best album in decades" says NEWS.com.au editor, David Higgins.

AUSTRALIAN rockers AC/DC have delivered their best album in decades, based on a sample of tracks from the upcoming album Black Ice.

NEWS.com.au today heard seven tracks from the new album in the studios of the band’s Sydney headquarters, Albert Music.

Reigning kings of rock or over-the-hill oldies?: Hear AC/DC's first single in eight yearsThe songs – Anything Goes, War Machine, Stormy May Day, She Likes Rock N Roll, Money Made and Black Ice, along with the current single Rock N’ Roll Train – suggest the band has made a remarkable return to form after a series of fan-only albums in recent years.

Judging by these songs, the 15-track album is the band’s most consistent and accessible release since Back in Black.

Anything Goes has the potential to be band’s biggest hit since You Shook Me All Night Long if released - under one plan - as a second single.

Opening with a guitar sound that recalls Bon Scott’s bagpipes in Long Way to the Top, Anything Goes is a delicious 1970s tune with blood-pumping, 2008 production values.

The Young brothers would disagree, but it is the closest thing to a pop song the band has done and will pull in many new fans.

The songs heard today draw from periods throughout the band’s career.

Black Ice is a head-banging anthem from the For Those About to Rock era, with a riff as good as any the Youngs have written.

War Machine is a hard and fast affair reminiscent of Back in Black’s Given The Dog a Bone.

Money Made is a bass-heavy boogie with guitar chords that seem to hang back, teasing, before sling-shotting into a chorus from the Blow Up Your Video era.

Stormy May Day offers something new - a huge over-driven slide guitar hook that is a favourite in the Alberts studio.

Producer Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, The Offspring) and long-time AC/DC mixer Mike Fraser should take a major credit for the album, delivering a very contemporary sound -- probably the best production value of any AC/DC album to date.

The vocals are one of the big surprises of the album. In a modern medical miracle, front man Brian Johnson’s vocal chords have patched themselves up to deliver his best vocal performance since the 1980s.

O’Brien has also worked hard on the back-up vocals, which makes a tremendous difference in the choruses.

This is not Back in Black. It won’t sell the 45 million copies of the 1980 classic.

But on a first listen it is by far the best thing AC/DC has produced in a quarter of a century.

Date: August 29, 2008 12:40

apart from the dreaded mention of Blow Up Your Video its all good!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 29, 2008 15:09

I love it i love it i love it
that rocks man

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Mangus ()
Date: August 29, 2008 15:55

ACDC just released a new single from the Black Ice album. To hear the entire song visit:

ACDC Rock N Roll Train

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 29, 2008 16:14

Mangus
ACDC just released a new single from the Black Ice album. To hear the entire song visit:

ACDC Rock N Roll Train

I take it, you don't bother to read other folks posts^^
btw, the song from your link doesn't play.

Date: August 29, 2008 16:23

FFS Mangus - WAKE UP!

and its not even a 'single' yet. may come out in September but no details at the moment

Date: August 29, 2008 18:33

Go look I fixed the link. It is too a single the video just got took down but it's back up and rockin baby!

Thanks for the heads up open-g.

Rock N Roll Train

LOL I aint the one who needs to WAKE UP FFS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-29 18:35 by Mangus.

Date: August 29, 2008 21:05

Mangus

considering you've posted the same news 3 times even though its been open discussion on the same subject for days i think you'll find it is my boy

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 30, 2008 01:26

Mangus
Go look I fixed the link. It is too a single the video just got took down but it's back up and rockin baby!

Thanks for the heads up open-g.

Rock N Roll Train

since you fixed the link - Is that your website?

yes, the YouTube stil-clip works now, but as usual, it's in mono and in poor quality.

the official AC/DC MySpace thingy is a better source, until the real thing gets out.
at least it's in stereo.

Date: September 14, 2008 21:41

The 2008 - 2009 Black Ice Tour has been officially announced!

These ACDC Tickets are predicted to sell out within 5 minutes of release time.

Yes ACDC is expected to make history again. Black Ice has been reviewed by a few trustworthy people and they say the new AC/DC album is incredible.

To find out how to score your ACDC tickets before they sell out visit ACDC Tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-15 02:42 by Mangus.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: September 15, 2008 00:06

Can't say I'm blown away by this one. It just sounds like AC/DC.

Now having admitted that...it does sound like AC/DC. So there's absolutely no reason not to like it.

I'll be picking up the new album, but I still think Hard As A Rock is the best single they've had since the 80's.

Date: September 17, 2008 16:15

[www.musicradar.com]

AC/DC's Black Ice: a rock masterpiece

Every song kicks a donkey's ass

Only brothers could pull off synchronicity such as this

AC/DC Black Ice review: world exclusive
Back In Black? Try Back In Blacker!

Joe Bosso, Tue 16 Sep, 10:19 pm BST

AC/DC's Black Ice: a rock masterpiece

Eight years between albums is an eternity for rock bands. Hell, The Beatles created their entire groundbreaking oeuvre in as much time, and still made room for films, tours, drugs, the Maharishi, Yoko Ono, you name it.

But somehow, eight years doesn't feel too long to wait for AC/DC. And when they deliver an album as satisfying and fortifying as Black Ice, their timing feels just right.

Maybe it's because we need AC/DC now more than ever. Too many bands have Xeroxed the formula without realizing you can't steal the soul. And the soul of AC/DC - gut-level sonic force and sheer comic insanity (like a grown man parading around in a schoolboy's uniform) - is an alchemy no other band can hope to copy, simply because AC/DC invented the formula and swallowed it whole.

You wonder why some groups even try. All they do is make you long for the original.

Back In Blacker?
Call AC/DC's Black Ice 'Back In Blacker' and you wouldn't be far off. With the exception of a couple of cuts midway through, every song kicks a donkey's ass and then some, and they magically make you feel like you're 16 years old again and on the precipice of...well, everything. Power chords ripple up and down your spine, drum beats shake you all night long and every solo positively shoots to thrill. You catchin' my drift? Yeah, it's that kind of album.

Producer Brendan O'Brien does something miraculous in that you don't notice him at all. That's not a dig either; wisely, he doesn't impose his own rules or sonic footprint on the band's hallowed roar. As Mutt Lange did on the classics Highway To Hell and Back In Black, O'Brien allows AC/DC's wall of sound to crash all around you, but it's not a wash of stacked tracks. It's spacious yet enormous.

On Black Ice, you hear every one of Phil Rudd's cymbal crashes, every pluck of Cliff Williams's bass - and the chugging dual guitars of Angus and Malcolm Young work together like well-oiled pistons. Clarity and precision never sounded so delightfully raucous, so un-fussed over. This is rock 'n' roll, no doubt, but it's rock 'n' roll art too - and that ain't a bad place to be.

Let MusicRadar share the news...

AC/DC's Black Ice - track-by-track

Rock 'N Roll Train
You've probably heard it already, and it's a dynamite opener. Unmistakable Angus riff, thumping beat - you know who this band is. And what happened to Brian Johnson's voice? In the past, he always sounded as though he was about to blow his aorta hitting his notes.

Either time has allowed him to grow into his voice or his voice merely caught up to him, but his singing is full and gutsy. Angus is chomping at the bit to get to his solo - he starts playing before the second chorus is even over, and good for him, for it's a stunner.

Skies On Fire
A stark drum beat gives way to a tangled chordal guitar riff. The syncopated beat of the verse is a bit different for AC/DC, but it works. Johnson sings a vocal line "I know you and you know me/ tell me what you want me to be" that is vaguely Lennon-esque. A biting bluesy solo from Angus.

Big Jack
From the title alone I know I'm going to like it, and I'm not wrong. This is one to play in the car, an up-tempo stomper with power chords that stumble overtop one another and land in all the right places. Angus pulls off some beautiful top-string riffing underneath the chorus. It's hard to tell if Brian Johnson is singing "Big Jet" or "Big Jack," but who cares? It rocks six ways to Sunday.

Anything Goes
There's no opening riff; instead, it bursts right in the door and wastes no time getting going. It's kind of a rock 'n' roll Irish jig, somewhat reminiscent of Slade's Run Runaway, only better. Angus lets loose with some intense top-string trills before firing off another bracing solo. A winner all the way.

War Machine
Whoa…it's getting ominous. The chord progression of the verse and chorus are in the same vein as Givin' The Dog A Bone, only more sinister. But if any band has a right to nick from themselves, it's AC/DC. Freaking hot solo, natch.

Smash N Grab
Is that a minor chord I hear in the pre-chorus? Nah, it can't be. It is! Well, I'll be…In truth, this mid-tempo rocker is the first coulda-been-a-contender so far. Not bad, but not one for the ages.

Spoilin' For A Fight
Now, this is a riff! I have to learn how to play that tangled little beauty, for sure. Actually, the riff is the backbone of the song, as it should be - it's that good! Brian Johnson snarls and howls as if he really is ready to inflict some facial rearrangement on somebody here. An air-drum, air-guitar slam-dunk.

Wheels
Straight out of the playbook from Highway To Hell - and that's a good thing. For the first time, Johnson sounds like he's straining for the notes. I've always wondered if he has to grab his Brian Johnson when trying to get to those special places. Beautiful vibrato in the guitar solo. Best instrumental break yet.

Decibel
A delicious, grinding, thumping bit of blues-rock. This might be the number where Angus his striptease live - it's got that smirking kind of bad-boy vibe to it. Good stuff all around. Is Brian Johnson singing "decibel" or "Jezebel"? Hard to tell. Not important though.

Stormy May Day
Wow, what a cool, greasy slide guitar riff! And those floor toms punch you right in the chest. A gritty, punchy mid-tempo stand-out with some surprising minor key changes. Great change of pace.

She Likes Rock N Roll
Ding-ding-ding! We have another winner, folks! With a beat so undeniably sexy, this song just might replace Girls! Girls! Girls! as the next de rigueur strip club anthem. A tight verse and chorus that absolutely floors you. Gang vocals galore - "She likes rock n roll/ I like rock n roll!" Oh, yeah. I'm playing this in my car.

Only brothers could pull off synchronicity such as thisMoney Made
A twisty little arpeggiated riff turns into a powerhouse of a song. Fantastic breakdown section - these guys really know their dynamics. Two rhythm guitar tracks sit atop one another and work wonders. Only brothers could pull off synchronicity such as this.

Rock N Roll Dream
My goodness, it's almost a ballad. Tight hi-hat work by Rudd carries the beginning until…OK, we're blasting off now! Total rock…Oh, but wait…now it's a ballad again. Some varied guitar textures. This is the most elaborate production on the album, but it's not forced or artificial. Very dreamlike. Takes you somewhere new. Fascinating.

Rocking All The Way
I'm nearly spent, but 30 seconds into this track and I'm air-drumming again. Right when you think rock can't get any better than this, the solo clamps down and it's time to ride this one out. Deliriously good.

Black Ice
What sets this song apart from all the others is Phil Rudd, who finally explodes on the drums and shows you what tom rolls are really meant for. Everything is as it should be on the title cut.

It's the capper, the final encore, the song that reminds you of everything you've ever loved about AC/DC; the song that says, "Let's go hang out with the buds and pop some Buds and enjoy rocking out for the sake of just rocking out."

Well done, lads. Well done. For those who have rocked me, I salute you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-17 16:16 by roby.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 17, 2008 18:12

@#$%& GREAT!

Everyone's right...the music world NEEDS AC/DC right now!

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: September 17, 2008 18:51

"Rock 'N Roll Train
You've probably heard it already, and it's a dynamite opener."

It is a boring tune !!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 17, 2008 18:59

Agreed. It's a dynamite opener. No doubt about it.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home