Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Shine A Light DVD reviews and reports
Posted by: AussieGlimmer ()
Date: July 31, 2008 07:13

I pre-ordered my Blueray via Amazon and received a note yesterday saying there was now a delay - does anyone else know anything about this delay?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 31, 2008 08:44

sunny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-01 00:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 31, 2008 09:56

timbernardis
Date: July 30, 2008 04:58

but at that shipping rate, how long will it take to get to you from the US??

p

Got an e-mail this morning telling that the order has been shipped from the third-party store's (which calls itself Caiman UK) distribution center and that shipments are expected to arrive within 4-14 business days.

Remains to be seen. But it´s on the way.

Date: July 31, 2008 09:59

BTW Caiman also sells directly at [www.caiman.com]

Perhaps one could have eliminated the Amazon middle man. Oh well.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 31, 2008 10:04

>> I know this might sound somewhat stupid since it's expensive but ... <<

it's simpler and cheaper to buy an all-region DVD player (which one can do locally),
or to remove the regional coding from the player one has (see [www.videohelp.com], for example).
thanks for the thought, though

Date: July 31, 2008 10:17

Yes, every DVD player can be made region-free, but NB: once you do that, any warranty is out of the window.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 31, 2008 14:47

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 15:26

with sssoul
>> I know this might sound somewhat stupid since it's expensive but ... <<

it's simpler and cheaper to buy an all-region DVD player (which one can do locally),
or to remove the regional coding from the player one has (see [www.videohelp.com], for example).
thanks for the thought, though

I have just ordered mine from america. I will change the regional code on my dvd, if the worse happens, currys electrical store are selling an all region player for about £20 - £25 quid.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 31, 2008 18:37

The DVD player I have in my little Paris apartment is one that I bought at FNAC or DARTY that said in it's specs that it plays NTSC and PAL formats. Every time I go to Paris - it's been a while now - I just bring along about 20 US DVD's (since they're MUCH cheaper), the customs guy NEVER stops me, and I take them to the apartment and watch them eventually. They all play fine and I don't think I've EVER had one problem with any of them. A lot of the players in Europe are multi region, it's trying to find the same thing in America that's a bitch. Just buy a multi region DVD player, can't cost very much these days.....

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 31, 2008 19:24

I am totally excited as it never came to any theaters near us here in Savannah, GA. Finally I get to see this!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Hi Fred,
I have always thought you lived in the state of Maine......

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 31, 2008 21:38

Just saw it this afternoon. I love it. Just like being at the cinema again ... only smaller smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: July 31, 2008 22:07

Hey RRRONNIE!
No been here in GA for over 30 years now!
I still hope I get to meet you! Hopefully on the 2010 Tour somewhere! : ) I'll know where you will be at the shows! Right up front on Ronnies side!! : )
I hope your having a good summer!
Fred Hardin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-31 22:07 by Fredluvzstones.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 31, 2008 22:09

I can't wait to download the torrent for this movie!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: August 1, 2008 02:00

Maybe September 23rd is on the Julian calendar??

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: August 1, 2008 02:12

I will buy it on ebay as its not already released here in mexico, cant wait anymore for it!

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: August 1, 2008 03:09

I just got mine tonight. going to watch with some beers and enjoy the night. MEZ

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: August 1, 2008 07:33

The true fans love the acoustic rare stuff, but let's face it - the average concert and movie-goer is waiting for JJF et al. That's why you just wont get a whole concert or dvd of the obscure bluesy acoustic gems - it won't sell beyond the IORR crowd.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: August 1, 2008 18:12

I ordered my copy on Amazon and recieved it on Wednesday. I've watched it once already and have to say I'm impressed. It's consistently enjoyable throughout with some great moments. However it didn't knock me out of my seat. I'll watch it again and see if it repays repeated viewing.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: August 1, 2008 18:49

Hi Fred,
thanks for the answer. I think I mixed you up with someone. But now of course I remember. We wanted to meet up in Atlanta (first show) but somehow we didn't make it. Hope we'll get another chance.
Enjoy the summer in Chuckie's home state. Take care!

Posted by: Voja ()
Date: August 1, 2008 18:57

SAL on Belgrade streets from yesterday (friday).
Without bonuses.
But with Serbian subtitles (You haven't this on an original, baby).
Price ~ 2.5 EUR (200 dinars).
Sound > quite well.
Perspective > waiting for original issue.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: August 1, 2008 23:09

I picked it up for $19.99, assuming it would ring up as $13.99. But it didn't.

I could've price matched it, if I had felt like taking a Circuit City ad with me. Or used a $5 coupon that I've been meaning to print out for weeks. There are a number of ways I could've approached this.

But as Nixon said, "Every now and then, you just gotta take it in the ass."

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 1, 2008 23:29

Selected markets do not include France, apparently. This sends out bad news for a potential Tour.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 2, 2008 00:13

>I picked it up for $19.99, assuming it would ring up as $13.99. But it didn't

You show them the sign that says "13.99" and they ring it up at that amount. I had to do this.

Anybody who paid more than $13.99 at Best Buy this week got ripped off. Apparently the signs were out but the stickers rang up as $19.99.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: August 2, 2008 00:16

AussieGlimmer
I pre-ordered my Blueray via Amazon and received a note yesterday saying there was now a delay - does anyone else know anything about this delay?
for some reason, amazon has had difficulties stocking day-and-date blu-rays from paramount. i cancelled my pre-order there and ended up getting it from best buy with a price match.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 2, 2008 00:20

Keith's turn at lead vocals-- beautiful. Ronnie is brilliant on "You Got The Silver". With "Connection", Keith again proves that he is capable of being a front man.

THE quote: on guitar ability, and Ronnie, Keith says, "he knows we're pretty lousy, but TOGETHER we're better than ten others." THAT simple statement explains the magic of the Stones sound, and why it works.

Then there's "Brown Sugar". The greatest rock n roll band in the world in full glory. It's all right here. Keith's muscular riffs, Jagger howling, Charlie pounding.

Before "Satisfaction", Jagger screams "Those lights are burning up my ass!" Funny as hell. I love it.

SAL is everything I'd hoped for, and more. Scorcese pulled it off brilliantly. The spirit remains alive and well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-02 00:55 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: August 2, 2008 01:09

Glam Descendant
You show them the sign that says "13.99" and they ring it up at that amount. I had to do this.

I looked for the signs, but the store didn't have any displayed. The dvds in the Music section were each priced at $24.99, while the New Releases had a bunch marked $19.99. But the tag in this section had been removed from the shelf.

It wouldn't surprise me if they removed them after people began to demand the dvd at the reduced price. Best Buy has been known to do that in the past.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 2, 2008 02:01

no booklet or anything, opened up the case and just a dvd inside, some sort of booklet could have been included, geez

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 2, 2008 02:29

Same here. No insert of any sort. That struck me as odd.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 2, 2008 02:57

Practically no one does an insert anymore.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 2, 2008 03:21

thats not true , i get one in almost every dvd, licks and bang had them , cmon man, even for a booklet we have to make an excuse for the stones, thay should have included one

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2421
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home