Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Gas price and next Stones tour
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 17, 2008 04:18

Hey Frank, back "in the year" 1994 I thought I'd be zippin' around like the Jetsons too. I got out of that year. Then "in the year" 1998 I figured it was never going to happen. I got out of that year too. Now "in the year" 2008 nothing has changed except the price of gasoline. I'm looking forward to getting out of this year.

So maybe "in the year" 2457 people will be able to fly around. If there are still people.

But that's a lot of "in the years".

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 17, 2008 12:32

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 17, 2008 14:40

FRANKM, I'm glad you agree because I was beginning to think that most everyone here was either very wealthy, bought nose-bleed seats just to go to Stones concerts ( not what I like to do!) or were totally in debt up to their eyeballs!! I KNOW that most of us are not extremely rich like ole LSTNT who apparently has stock in Rolls Royce and owns a few too, and that a break in ticket prices would be a very welcome gesture, considering that WE made the Stones what they are today. The fans of the Stones are amongst the most loyal bunch in the history of rock!! Tour after tour, selling out stadiums and arenas all over the world, at a very high price for decent seats in most cases!! Are we not supposed to wish for a break ONE TIME?? I say one time because I truly believe if they do tour again, they will announce it as their final tour. Just a guess.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 17, 2008 16:30

Mickschix, I would welcome some slack for the REAL Stones fan also! I get tired of having a balcony seat and have to listen to people on their cell phone bragging "Oh we're at the Stones show" to impress the person at the other end or talking about their jobs. I nearly wanna go postal. I know they paid(probably) for their ticket too but it doesnt come with infringement rights on others enjoyment. Enough of that-I waas going to tell you I paid $100 for a front row center balcony seat in 1978 for the Ft worth show and I thought that was high then. Now i'd love it! the pkace only held 2800. What would that equate to in todays dollars? I wonder.

Date: July 17, 2008 18:58

For me, it works like this - gas prices being whatever, if I can afford to go to see the Stones, if they were to come around here, I go. If I can't I don't. Where I sit depends on what I buy. it has nothing to do with the price of gas. If people want to go see the Stones at their current and probably higher prices still, someone will pay, people will go.

It certainly doesn't help that tickets are in the troposphere. But it is what it is. I guess if enough people didn't buy tickets for enough shows then the prices would come down.

That's probably a bad guess - who am I kidding?

Date: July 18, 2008 01:38

Scottkeef, just like gas prices, if the Stones don't sell out( like when oil companies have a surplus because consumers are cutting way back on useage!) the prices will go DOWN!!! It is not hard to imagine that this COULD happen.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 18, 2008 02:20

I'm a little concerned about not being able to see as many US shows - the airfare prices are up by about 33% it seems. Unlike in Europe, the US is so big and the cities so spread out that it makes touring from one city to another difficult. Plus and the train is not affordable (it's the same price as flying). Our few discount airlines are all going out of business.

I'm hoping the ticket sale prices drop as a result of the economy.

However, in Europe, ticket prices are lower, discount airfares are more plentiful and train rides are reasonably priced. It's cheaper for us to see shows in Europe (and more fun in my opinion), despite the weakness of the dollar. It's just a matter of getting over there.

Date: July 18, 2008 02:57

yeah i have to admit to being a bit worried about the ac dc tour later this year..i want to catch a few shows but between demand to see them, the really high ticket prices for concerts in general and the cost of getting to shows.. its a killer.. i must however catch 2-3 shows because i've never seen them and they are definetly one of my top top top bands...

Date: July 18, 2008 03:17

Queenie, I always wanted to follow the Stones on the European leg of the tour. You're right, our trains in the USA SUCK, and are very expensive! YOur countries are very close together, making it easy to get from one to the next. If I have any extra $$, and IF The Stones do tour Europe again, I may consider it for an adventure!! Our dollar is worthless now so no matter how you look at it, it will be costly but perhaps less so than traveling from say Boston to L.A.

Date: July 18, 2008 10:31

I hope the Stones don't just tour Texas because almost no one will see them it's so big.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home