Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Mick was wrong
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 4, 2008 12:04

At the first Beacon show, Mick acknowledged Bill and Hillary Clinton in the audience with a comment like "I see the President is here - with her husband!" A clever comment but he assumed too much!

Re: Mick was wrong
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 4, 2008 12:07

what did he assume?

Posted by: Pohan ()
Date: June 4, 2008 12:45

Hillary might be the president someday if not this election year then the next time in 2012. And btw he was only joking you know ...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 4, 2008 12:48

Glad he was wrong smiling smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 4, 2008 12:52

A former president in USA is always refered to as "Mr. President".

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 4, 2008 13:18

I took that joke another way - i.e., that she'd been running the show when he was president!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 4, 2008 13:32

Indeed she was running the show .

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 4, 2008 14:18

boston2006
Indeed she was running the show .

she's stolen Michael Cohl's job?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 4, 2008 14:22

One day during the presidency, Bill & the First Lady were the guests of honor at a baseball game.
Just before the game started, Bill picks Hillary up out of her seat and tosses her out onto the field.
A Secret Service agent whispers in Bill's ear: "Mr. President, they wanted you to throw out the first PITCH."

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 4, 2008 15:43

we're in for tough times here in the US now!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 4, 2008 19:21

Well this is going way off topic, has no Stones content, and is probably going to start a political night mare that the board hates, but Voddolounge has touched a chord in me and I need to let go! I am an American, happy to be so, really wouldn't want to have it any other way, but not always proud. We have done some horrible things. However, it reaklly gripes my ass to hear the FORMER COLONIAL POWERS, even those as currently peaceful as the Dutch that had to be removed from Idonesisa drowning in river's of blood loudely condeming us while ignoring their past. The Pax Brittania was only really peaceful and wonderful if you were in the UK. A great part of the mess The USA made in Viet Nam was iherited trouble by the always spotless French.

All of that aside, I am very afraid for and of my country at this point in time. I grew up in Indiana, part of the supposed Liberal North. After Selma, etc, Martin Luther King met some of his most surprised and frightening opposition in "liberal" Chicgao. Indiana is one of two States that still refueses to honor Martin Luther King Day, and a common joke there is "we're wating until they shoot six more of them and then we can have a whole week off, " and thouggh I have neices and nephews of mixed blood, I also have other family members that will toss out the word "nigger, " as often as they say bread and butter.

In light of that, discussing politics two nights ago with a friend who is a rabid NRA card carrying Republican, I was extremely sickened to hear, "If Hillary is Smart, she'll take the Vice President position and will get what she wants without a fight."

Incredibly naive, all I said was "Huh"

"Yeah, it only take a couple of months before some decent Amercan shoots that black bastard anyway."

I cannot agree with voodooLounge more than ever before, we are im for tough times. 8 years of the Bush hegemony, a budget that is falling apart, international clout, respect, financial strength,all going dow the tubes and the roughly 75% of America without a passport could care less. "If we need it we will take it." Strangey New Yorkers worry about freedom, while some one in Poe Indiana, at risk for zero % chance terrorism will say "Bush hasn't tightened things up enhough."

God, when they ask why after 20 years out in the Pacific why I dont "come home, " they never see it is more then bad weather I left behind. If anyone thinks it might be scary to be White at night in Watts, try being liberal in a lot of places between the Appalachians and the Rockie Mountains Oh yes, we are in for tough times I fear.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 4, 2008 19:34

Before this thread gets the boot, I can say:

Have a little faith, kahoosier, w/ gas prices at $4 now, Americans are buying smaller cars, environmentalism is suddenly not so "radical" anymore, and many "liberal" ideas seem much more ideal nowadays, and Obama is a major anti-greed man. Of course, his safety is crucial, but he and his supporters know that. There will always be bigots in America, but I think there is a chance the general tide could change in this country.

Thank you, good night, and God Bless the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 4, 2008 19:48

I've known of a few bigoted people haters. Yet the biggest irony of it is they root like mad for their baseball team or football team or basketball team that is mostly black people. THAT is OK.

So I don't know if that could be considered highly paid slavery or just plain hilarious.

There are a lot of stupid people out there. Being worried or concerned is like praying - it gets nothing done. It will take some kind of action - like education - to change things. And I think that is currently in place.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 4, 2008 19:49

...out west here tate we have reached $4.50 plus for cheap regular...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 4, 2008 19:52

And I don't get why they keep saying "unleaded" when in fact gasoline comes that way and they actually ADDED lead to it. And I've never seen leaded gas at a station for centuries.

That's such an American thing...to speak so backwards. I have a wet water maker in my kitchen.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: June 4, 2008 21:02

Gasoline is double in Europe.

As an American,we should always support our elected President. However we do not have to agree with him.

Freedom is a Black man, a White woman and an older man running for President!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 4, 2008 21:54

The Worst.
A former president in USA is always refered to as "Mr. President".

yeah, but bill doesn't have a husband!

my quote may be off a bit but i definitely took it to be a reference to the future.

and i agree with Tate about the positive aspects of rising gas prices - it was announced on the news that the "end of the SUV era is over". over the last couple of years i've been hoping they'd rise just for that. but now they can stop.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: June 4, 2008 22:36

As you know LQ, here in the UK, we don't have presidents but we DO have Prime Ministers who would LIKE to be presidents,lololol!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 4, 2008 22:46

yesterday was an historic day. I don't see how it is the begining of something bad. I think this is a turning point in a better direction.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-05 19:43 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 4, 2008 23:10

I know the gas on the east coast of the USA is not as expensive as it is out west and especially in Europe, but boy do I feel it in my 50 min. commute (1 hour 40 min. round trip). I drive a Toyota Matrix and get about 35 mpg, and I feel how spending $44 to fill my tank hurts. I can't imagine spending twice that if I had an SUV, or even more if I lived elsewhere. Next year I'll be working closer to home, and will be riding my bike a lot (and maybe getting in good shape!)...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 4, 2008 23:12

VoodooLounge13
we're in for tough times here in the US now!

Ask the people in Iraq what tough times are!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 5, 2008 02:05

Indeed. Or Zimbabwe. Or, or, or..... The list is long.

Posted by: mrgrowl791 ()
Date: June 5, 2008 02:17

skipstone
I've known of a few bigoted people haters. Yet the biggest irony of it is they root like mad for their baseball team or football team or basketball team that is mostly black people. THAT is OK.

So I don't know if that could be considered highly paid slavery or just plain hilarious.

There are a lot of stupid people out there. Being worried or concerned is like praying - it gets nothing done. It will take some kind of action - like education - to change things. And I think that is currently in place.

My man, you are in deep trouble and don't realize it.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 5, 2008 02:55

skipstone
And I don't get why they keep saying "unleaded" when in fact gasoline comes that way and they actually ADDED lead to it. And I've never seen leaded gas at a station for centuries.

That's such an American thing...to speak so backwards. I have a wet water maker in my kitchen.

Hey Skip! How do you feel about "jumbo shrimp?" grinning smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 5, 2008 03:27

anyway we on the new left and the right can agree: Good that BH Obama has banished the ghastly clintons from the american presidency!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 5, 2008 03:34

Natlanta
anyway we on the new left and the right can agree: Good that BH Obama has banished the ghastly clintons from the american presidency!!

As Rush said today, the air heads, dopes, and dummies (the new left). Now its time to banish Obamas. We in the northeast most certainly have.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 5, 2008 04:23

The Sicilian
..... We in the northeast most certainly have.

whatever re this Rush guy. it is you in the northeast who a) elected a clinton to the US senate, and b) will send oodles of electoral collegiates Obamaward come November, no?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 5, 2008 05:25

The SUV era might be over. But so is the affordable living era. I still think Hillary will make a great VP....So much for no politics on IORR huh?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 5, 2008 06:37

Here is my political contribution

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 5, 2008 06:57

Natlanta
The Sicilian
..... We in the northeast most certainly have.

whatever re this Rush guy. it is you in the northeast who a) elected a clinton to the US senate

b) will send oodles of electoral collegiates Obamaward come November, no?

a. yes we did

b. no we won't

The liberal media has this notion that all the players will "unite" for the good of the democratic party, however, they are totally basing that on assumptions that will not materialize. Politicians will put on the happy face with hugs and fist pumping but a majority of the 18 million Clinton voters will NOT support either Obama or Clinton on an Obama ticket.

I myself will not vote for Obama, no matter what the senario, so my vote is with McCain. Unfortunately not my first choice but better than the Obama posse.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home