Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Mick was wrong
Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 5, 2008 07:43

Speaking as a lifelong democrat I am greatly concerned the party will NOT unite. The democrats can screw up a one car funeral procession, God bless 'em. Obama has my vote but I am afraid Hillary is going to take her ball and go home, so to speak. And then, yes, God forbid, we get McCain. The second coming of James Buchannan, that guy!

And the "liberal media" thing is a myth. All major press and broadcast outlets in America are owned by conservative leaning corporations, and they have given W an unbelievably easy way to go for seven sinfully rotten years. It's been sickening and horrifying to watch. The only nationwide independent watchdog journalism in America is NPR (National Public Radio.) and its funding is under right-wing assault at every opportunity.

Yes, these are frightening times to live in America. It's no comparison to third-world misery but hey, we're in for a TASTE of it!!!

tommy

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 5, 2008 09:22

You know it is all speculation at this point. The Primary is barely over and folks are say the dems are split. And the polls? Come on, we have seen the polls are accurate until after the friggin election is over. Hillary would not be so short sighted to crap on her own party...this is her time in the spotlight and she will undoubtabley want to be remembered well. Her future political life hangs in the balance.
McCain? Well have you seen the man lately. He looks like death warmed over. Pale, shaking, and spouting out one contradiction after another. If American votes for him, they deserve him, just like the last two elections.
I am an independent and will vote for any ticket other than Republican. That party has dragged American into the worst funk since Nixon. Anything has to be better than what they have now.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 5, 2008 10:46

The Sicilian
Natlanta
anyway we on the new left and the right can agree: Good that BH Obama has banished the ghastly clintons from the american presidency!!

As Rush said today, the air heads, dopes, and dummies (the new left). Now its time to banish Obamas. We in the northeast most certainly have.

The first unbalanced radical post of this entire topic. No argumentation to be found anywhere. Respect to all other posters who have kept a political topic as decent als never seen before here on IORR. Keep up with the high quality-posts, it makes it interesting to read the opinions. :-)

Jelle

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 5, 2008 18:07

I'm not sure if Mick had it wrong or not cause I didn't hear the quote BUT, 1 performer who was there from the start and never waivered is our own , our very own AND highly talented, OBAMA GIRL !!! These vids are so well done and so on target that you just gotta love 'em AND Her !!! (plus Helter has a crush on Obama Girl who has a crush on Obama - OK, It's a complicated world out there, what can I say...... Enjoy) Nice to see the peace and harmony going on on this thread, let's keep the positive groove goin' smiling smiley BTW, does anyone know where Obama Girl put her wings? You know, the wings she had when this angel dropped down from heaven !!! OK , old joke but I gotta giant crush on Obama Girl, what a babe !!!

(Her latest hit....and better video) STOP THE ATTACKS!!, LOVE - OBAMA GIRL

(Her first #1 hit) I Got A Crush On Obama - OBAMA GIRL

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 5, 2008 18:47

Most gov't's fear an uprising/strike from the people...it seems like in america, people fear the gov't and do not strike or cause uprisings. This is why I love France, the people seem to take no shit from their gov't.

I think the beginning of the end is near, or, maybe Obama can bring this country back to respectability? I hope so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-05 19:08 by Bingo.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 5, 2008 19:06

Yo Bingo, you need to fix the spelling there. The junior senator from Illinois's name is wrong in a way that completely alters the meaning of your post.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 5, 2008 19:07

yeah, it sure does. ..thanks.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 5, 2008 19:43

What do I think about jumbo shrimp? I think they are quite delicious!

Ha ha. Military intelligence...

Wow, someone is complaining about spending $44 to fill up their tank? Right now, the beginning of June, I spend right about $105 to fill my tank up.

I'm not in a lot of trouble and don't realise it? I think Americans are spoiled. It's the same thing as purposely obese people in a grocery store - they buy cheese puffs and a Diet Coke?

Talk about being spoiled. If I can't afford to fill up my truck then I can't work, which is landscaping. Since landscaping is a luxury thing, as in, it is not a necessity to survive - nobody needs azaleas and camellias to live - perhaps I'll be looking for a different line of work at some point (only so many - too many actually - landscapers out there). But until then, I do what I do. And that requires me to drive my pickup truck - which for a pickup gets pretty good mileage actually.

I dunno. I guess some people will have to quit smoking or quit buying fountain drinks everyday or cut back on the amount of Bud Light they get. Or stop going full throttle in a scarab on the Intracoastal Waterway. Etc... I don't see how who or what is president has to do with our own lives as far as our choices with behaviour.

Date: June 5, 2008 23:45

Bingo
Most gov't's fear an uprising/strike from the people...it seems like in america, people fear the gov't and do not strike or cause uprisings. This is why I love France, the people seem to take no shit from their gov't.

I think the beginning of the end is near, or, maybe Obama can bring this country back to respectability? I hope so.

Damn straight Bingo, the French are ALWAYS out in the streets protesting, I think it seems like almost every week or so but THAT'S GREAT !!! - you gotta keep your Government under control or it starts doing whatever it feels like with the peoples tax money without asking - like a wild dog foaming at the mouth..... OBAMA is America's last hope or it's OVER IMHO....

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: June 5, 2008 23:53

skipstone
I dunno. I guess some people will have to quit smoking or quit buying fountain drinks everyday or cut back on the amount of Bud Light they get. Or stop going full throttle in a scarab on the Intracoastal Waterway. Etc... I don't see how who or what is president has to do with our own lives as far as our choices with behaviour.

I couldn't agree more with your last statement but I am going to go home tonight after I smoke a cigarette, drive 75mph in a 55mph zone, buy some Cheetos and beer and sit and watch NASCAR.

kidding about the NASCAR...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 6, 2008 01:03

circa 2000
Video for Correspondents Dinner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-06 01:04 by schillid.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 6, 2008 01:06

Some people just dont like the Clintons and cant be convinced otherwise no matter how many facis are given. Whats undisputed is the condition Clinton left the country(great) and the disaster we are living now. And please, we cant blame everything on 9-1-01. While I supported Hillary Clinton, I WILL back Obama because the alternative is unimaginable. But if Obama wants to do the things he wants for us he must admit he needs Clinton on the ticket. As liberal a society as we purport to be(racially) I am sad to say the majority of white america is not ready to elect him. At least not without the support that Hillary can add to the ticket. NcCain has already stated he will carry on the Cheney, oops Bush policies-an alliance that I'm sure Tony Blair regrets putting his stock in!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 6, 2008 04:17

I think the idea that the Democratic party is divided is being blown out of proportion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-06 04:19 by ryanpow.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2008 04:19

Well all I know is that, after seeing Obama and his wife bump fists. The fist bump is now officially no longer cool.thumbs down

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 6, 2008 05:49

After all is said and done, be it OBAMA or McCAIN as the Big PRIME MINISTER Winner in November, the one thing I'm 100% sure of is how intellectually BRILLIANT my fellow American's are and how knowledge of WORLD GEOGRAPHY just seems to be second nature, something they're all born with.... Just check out the video for total proof.....

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE SMARTEST GROUP OF PEOPLE ON THE PLANET smiling smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 6, 2008 06:04

Ha - I average 80 in a 65 but was doing 90 through Mobile the other day.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 6, 2008 09:05

HelterSkelter
After all is said and done, be it OBAMA or McCAIN as the Big PRIME MINISTER Winner in November, the one thing I'm 100% sure of is how intellectually BRILLIANT my fellow American's are and how knowledge of WORLD GEOGRAPHY just seems to be second nature, something they're all born with.... Just check out the video for total proof.....

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE SMARTEST GROUP OF PEOPLE ON THE PLANET smiling smiley

Makes me sooooo proud to be an American

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 6, 2008 18:23

Does it really matter who the next American president is?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 6, 2008 20:38

sweetcharmedlife
Well all I know is that, after seeing Obama and his wife bump fists. The fist bump is now officially no longer cool.thumbs down
True dat!! Hopefully she'll stay WAY back in the campaign. I will vote for him but she does get on my nerves.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 6, 2008 20:50

HelterSkelter

I know that video is selectively edited for comic effect and to make a point, but in many ways its actually more scary than it is funny.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 6, 2008 21:07

Gazza
I know that video is selectively edited for comic effect and to make a point, but in many ways its actually more scary than it is funny.

Totally agree about both things!

However I am curious about "hicks" in all parts of the world...
How well would they know their world politics and geography?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:23

jamesfdouglas
Does it really matter who the next American president is?

it sure mattered in 2000 - we are now more than 2 steps back with the impact from the current president. besides the war, he removed many environmental protections that you probably didn't hear about on the news.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:31

The Sicilian
Natlanta
anyway we on the new left and the right can agree: Good that BH Obama has banished the ghastly clintons from the american presidency!!

As Rush said today, the air heads, dopes, and dummies (the new left). Now its time to banish Obamas. We in the northeast most certainly have.

Rush is part of the republican machine who puts out one liners for people like you to repeat. The new left is not much different than the old left - made up of intellectuals - university professors and such. Obama may not have been in Washington that long but he has logic on his side, which counts more than anything. Hillary is more republican in that way - short-sighted (ex. her views on the gas tax, Iran).

Date: June 6, 2008 22:49

that gas tax is such a red herring! clinton never claimed it was a long term solution. I will support Obama but it is a little elitest for him to say it only saves the average citizen about a tank of gas. Believe it or not there are some people working for minimum wage that would notice having it. On a different note a new record jump in unemployment this month under Georgie boy(the unclothed emperor).

Date: June 6, 2008 23:39

schillid
Gazza

Totally agree about both things!

However I am curious about "hicks" in all parts of the world...
How well would they know their world politics and geography?

I think in general the US tends to be more culturally insulated (its sheer size, geographic location and international status has a lot to do with that) and a smaller % of your population are likely to have passports than is the case in many other countries, but youre absolutely right in that you're going to have a high percentage of frighteningly clueless people in every country the world over.

You could make a similar video in any other country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-06 23:40 by Gazza.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 6, 2008 23:55

Gazza
HelterSkelter

(removed video)

Gazza - To be fair, I think that two of the people interviewed were not Americans. smiling smiley

To clarify it for BaboonBro, I'm speaking of people from the United States of America, who often are referred to as Americans. People from Mexico, or Canada, or Argentina, or Brazil, etc. aren't commonly referred to as Americans. In your field of study/expertise (Anthropology is it?) it may be common to refer to all those who hail from North and South America as Americans, but I think you're smart enough to know that when someone in a social discussion mentions "American", they are talking about someone from The United States of America.

Date: June 7, 2008 00:16

OH, I'M A LUMBERJACK AND I'M OK.......................!

Date: June 7, 2008 00:16

WMiller
Gazza
HelterSkelter

(removed video)

Gazza - To be fair, I think that two of the people interviewed were not Americans. smiling smiley

About 20-30 of them were from Mars!

Date: June 7, 2008 00:38

little queenie
The Sicilian
Natlanta

Rush is part of the republican machine who puts out one liners for people like you to repeat. The new left is not much different than the old left - made up of intellectuals - university professors and such. Obama may not have been in Washington that long but he has logic on his side, which counts more than anything. Hillary is more republican in that way - short-sighted (ex. her views on the gas tax, Iran).

EVERY DAY LITTLE QUEENIE JUST MAKES A LITTLE BIT MORE SENSE - ESPECIALLY CAUSE I ALWAYS FIND MYSELF AGREEING WITH HER....L.Q., ONE OF THE SHARPEST, SMARTEST PEOPLE ON IORR......

As far as the YOUTUBE tape goes, selective editing or whatever, I've unfortunately talked to enough Americans here and there in the last few years that confirms to me that that bit of tape is pretty representational of some of the masses out there, sorry to say.... It's not the type of people I choose to hang with but there's plenty like that out there. They could be standing next to you in line at the grocery store. I used to have a running joke with friends and my girl friend after they all saw something similar on YouTube or "Jay Walking" on the Jay Leno show (same kinda thing - "man on the street" interviews - not knowing much of anything, again, pretty damn scary !!!) I used to say, "remember that these same morons are driving next to you on the highway and you're counting on them to not run a red light when you're in the middle of the intersection" - boy, did that one quiet up the room and get EVERYBODY reaching for their Xanax - LOL. The tape is somewhat shocking but in no way a surprise - there's PLENTY of them out there, not hard to find in the least bit.....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2008 00:39

To be serious for a half second. I just don't get why people are so hyped up and excited and think Obama is so incredibly special and has some magic new brand of politics he can bring to the table.I haven't heard any spectactular ideas from him. Him and Hillary are very simialar on a lot of issues. What, people like Obama because he can give a good speech? I know the Clintons rub a lot of people the wrong way. But what great new groundbreaking ideas does Obama have? Just because he's new and different he's going to make a great president. Well I certainly hope so. I'll vote for him. I have to. Their is no way we can put John Wayne McCain in the White House. I just hope for all of our sakes that he is the right man for the job. Because like him or not Barry is our next president.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home