Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27
Re: OT: who will be the European Champion Football 2008?
Posted by: danicarton ()
Date: June 27, 2008 11:28

Finally spanish coach Luis will take revenge. Anybody here remember the 74 final of the champpions league...atletico de madrid-bayern?

Posted by: danicarton ()
Date: June 27, 2008 11:32

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: June 27, 2008 11:34

Lorenz
If Germany wins, football loses.
No Lorenz, Germany and Spain are the best in this competiction.
Can win Spain but can win Germany too.
The final is a mistery of sensations.
Many years ago my team, Juventus, was fantastic with Platini,Tardelli and many more champions but loses the final with a small Hamburg of "black cat" Magath.
Germany is ever here
Sici

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: June 27, 2008 11:43

Yeah, the Spanish were great yesterday! As for the Russians' bad shape, they might still have suffered from the match against Italy where they were constantly moving for 120 minutes...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 27, 2008 11:44

They are not the best, they are the most efficient.
According to my definition, the most attactive football is the best one. But ok, I accept that this might not be the common definition. At the end, the winner is probably the best.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: June 27, 2008 12:05

It's true that the "German" approach isn't visually attractive many times and that the Spanish seem to have this "natural flow". But this short-distance-passing (Kurzpass-Spiel) the Spanish are applying is not very attractive to me either.
"One for You, One for Me" all the time. I much prefer a different style. But admitted that the Spanish know how to shift gears and switch over to a strong finish (and then it's another "Goooooooaaaaaaal").

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-27 12:11 by Greenblues.

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: June 27, 2008 12:21

Lorenz
According to my definition, the most attactive football is the best one. But ok, I accept that this might not be the common definition. At the end, the winner is probably the best.

Yes, I think there's some truth in that. As spectators we all like to see what we call "attractive football" of course. But then again, football is not a sport where attractive playing is required or honored... in the end it's the goals that count and make a team win or lose a match... always been like this, people talk about football some decades ago but forget that it wasn't THAT different back then either.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: June 27, 2008 12:42

Lorenz
If Germany wins, football loses.

FYI football is not a beauty contest.

Date: June 27, 2008 13:10

Well, Tornandfrayed - for me attractive football is good football. I don't care much about matches were most goals are scored from standard situations and the gameplay is not interesting to watch. But that is just how I define it for myself anyway smiling smiley

Posted by: Daniel74 ()
Date: June 27, 2008 13:11

Schweini: Punk Rock in the german team !

Fabregas: Uhhaaa, looks like a member of a boyband !

Anyway, the best team will win, and thank good that Italy is out !

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 27, 2008 13:55

Let's not hold our hope too high boys. Spain is very strong and should be the favourites now. But never bet against the Germans. This is exactly the kind of game we like to play. Germany always plays better against a strong team. They will be motivated and will do their homework. Geh jungs!

Date: June 27, 2008 13:56

Schweini - Punk Rock? lol eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-27 13:58 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Daniel74 ()
Date: June 27, 2008 14:35

O.k., just his haircut ;-) !

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 27, 2008 18:05

Congrats to Spain and especially to Carlitos!

Should be an interesting match on Sunday, our German defenders have to play the matches of their lives against Cesc Fabregas and the others.

Spain would be a worthy Champion, but of course I hope that Germany wins. ;-)

Date: June 27, 2008 18:08

Yeah, I'm not gonna cry if Germany lose. I still expect a surprise from the boys for this one. As long as Schweini and Michael are playing well, and our central defenders hold it together we might get something out of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-27 18:09 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 27, 2008 18:50

Daniel74
Schweini: Punk Rock in the german team !

Fabregas: Uhhaaa, looks like a member of a boyband !

Anyway, the best team will win, and thank good that Italy is out !

PUNKROCK??P haha i cant think of anything less punkrock then schweinsteiger.
he's wearing a haircut wich was horribly uncool even when it was trendy in the year 2000.

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: June 28, 2008 00:49

Deutschland has this great talent to play bad and still win a tournament....that is football.....they are so clever...that is some special 'class'...

But Holland will support Spain, because they play our style...fresh attacking football...

And right, maybe Fabregas could be a member of a Boys Band, but also is Van Persie (can't see Schweinsteiger in a punkrock band; he's seems like a nice guy, assisting old ladies when entering the streets of Berlin)

VAMOS ESPANA!

Posted by: Arena1981 ()
Date: June 28, 2008 06:04

OK listen up boys and girls.

Here is my take on the situation from the good ole U S of A (yes there are a few of us Amis who know what we are talking about when it comes to the beautiful game)

Goalkeeping will be the difference!
Of course this means Espana will prevail as their keeper, Casillas, is in fine form and is nearly unbeatable. Add to this the fact that the Spanish defense is well organized, quick and tight. Led by Puyol in the center, they are virtually water tight.

Deutschland, I'm sorry to say, is an efficient side but they are weakened by their keeper Jens Lehmann. He is a real liability due to his lack of mental strength and aging reflexes.

Final score: ESP 2-0 GER.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 28, 2008 07:13

Go GERMANY!!!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 28, 2008 07:42

Good point Arena1981. I fear for the Germans because of Lens. I hope it won't be a case of Lens out of focus on Sunday. The good thing is that Spain are now the favourites, at least with UK bookmakers and that suits Germany. They play better against the better teams.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 28, 2008 12:24

the germans will blow away the spains.

Date: June 28, 2008 13:07

Havo

germany has and always had a mediocre team. they're very efficient thats all. and they're always very lucky.....so i'd also say: if germany wins, football loses (again).

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: June 28, 2008 13:41

guitarbastard
Havo

germany has and always had a mediocre team. they're very efficient thats all. and they're always very lucky.....so i'd also say: if germany wins, football loses (again).

Efficency is what it´s all about. That´s a fact and the Germans and Italians (who often get critisized for the same reasons) seem to be the only nations who understand this.
When you participate in a sports contest it´s about whether you WIN OR LOSE and not about how beautiful you play. All this "the most attractive sport is the best" talk is bvllshit. If you want that you should stop watching footbal and start watching ballet or ice figure skating.

Date: June 28, 2008 13:55

guitarbastard
Havo

Hey Guitar Bastard, I feel anti German sentiment coming through here again. It's complete rubbish to say Germany has always had a bad team. In 1974 we had a good team so sorry that we beat the Dutch best ever team at that time. Two great teams and one has to lose. We did it again in 1990. Don't tell me that the team with Klinsmann, Matthaus and co were bad. Let's put jealousy aside here. I agree that the Dutch team right now is better than the German one but they just don't know how to play a tournament. I've said this before but it's like sex...peak too soon and the show is over.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 28, 2008 18:44

is it true some croatians had nazi style banners or chanted fascist type slogans during the match against turkey?

i am croatianamerican and germanamerican and i am on holiday in croatia right now and this would be interesting to know

p

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 28, 2008 18:58

VIENNA, Austria (AP)—UEFA is investigating racist behavior by Croatia soccer fans at their team’s European Championship quarterfinal against Turkey.

Disciplinary officials of the European governing body are looking into reports Croatia fans displayed Nazi-style banners and made racist chants at the game, which the Turks won on a penalty-kicks shootout after a 1-1 draw in Vienna on June 20.

“We are looking into allegations concerning the Croatia fans at the Croatia-Turkey match involving Nazi-style banners and chanting,” UEFA spokesman Rob Faulkner said Friday. “The matter is being dealt with by our disciplinary authority and no more details will be announced until tomorrow.”

The Croatian Football Federation denounced the behavior of the fans,

“Such a behavior is not a characteristic behavior of true Croatian fans, who showed good behavior and friendly relation to other fans throughout the championship,” the federation said on its Web site.

The federation also said it and the team congratulated Turkey on its victory. It added the federation participates in FIFA and UEFA’s actions against racism.

Date: June 28, 2008 19:20

Silver Dagger
guitarbastard
Havo

Hey Guitar Bastard, I feel anti German sentiment coming through here again. It's complete rubbish to say Germany has always had a bad team. In 1974 we had a good team so sorry that we beat the Dutch best ever team at that time. Two great teams and one has to lose. We did it again in 1990. Don't tell me that the team with Klinsmann, Matthaus and co were bad. Let's put jealousy aside here. I agree that the Dutch team right now is better than the German one but they just don't know how to play a tournament. I've said this before but it's like sex...peak too soon and the show is over.

i'm not anti german and wont ever be. love the country and the people, but i admit that i "hate" their interpretation of this game and i hate that they're often very lucky!. 1990 they stole maradonas 2nd title with a penalty that wasnt one, and even if it was a foul, it was about 20 meters away from the goal.
but in the end, it really doesnt matter. for me some kind of anger and resentments are ok and belong to this sport. its less fun, if you dont have a favourite team, and it's less fun if you don't have a team you "hate"... peace and love ;-)

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 28, 2008 20:55

Peace amigos, leave all that old stuff in a suitcase por favor, this is football, señoras y señores, this is rock and roll!!!!
Vaaaamosss España!!!
Villa the goal player of Spain is out for tomorrow final.
By the way I just woke up, returning this morning from Madrid the Neil Young concert finished at 3 am, catch a plane at 6 in Madrid, and over here again.
What a concert amigos, Neil Young played like and angel last night, was wild and furious with his old black guitar, 2 hours of concert more than 60.000 people there, what a concert!!!
Everything looks and rock and football great combination,
See you tomorrow in the final amigos,
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 28, 2008 20:57

GERMANY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: June 28, 2008 21:24

Good luck Carlitos!

Olanda support Espana!

VAMOS ESPANA!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2238
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home