Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27
Re: OT: who will be the European Champion Football 2008?
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 26, 2008 12:28

Papo

What a bunch of stupid m*********ers the UEFA is, they force everybody to get the picture (with all these too-long audience-shots) from the one main source in Vienna and then there is no friggin' backup-system? And later that night they have to evacuate the press center in Vienna 'cause it can't take the storm? There have been a few similar storms this year. Amateurs.

With extremely heavy rain, wind speeds of 100 km/h and plenty of trees around I think it was the only sane thing to do to evacuate the public viewing are + the nearby press center. Everything else would have been madness and had you been there, you'd say the same.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 26, 2008 12:41

Lorenz
Papo

What a bunch of stupid m*********ers the UEFA is, they force everybody to get the picture (with all these too-long audience-shots) from the one main source in Vienna and then there is no friggin' backup-system? And later that night they have to evacuate the press center in Vienna 'cause it can't take the storm? There have been a few similar storms this year. Amateurs.

With extremely heavy rain, wind speeds of 100 km/h and plenty of trees around I think it was the only sane thing to do to evacuate the public viewing are + the nearby press center. Everything else would have been madness and had you been there, you'd say the same.

...Oh a storm is threatening, my very life today...if I don't get that picture..oh yeah I'm gonna fade away.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 26, 2008 12:53

Oh, don't get me wrong - of course it was right to evacuate, spoke to a colleague from our local newspaper who is in Vienna and has been there yesterday.

It's not the first time this year that a storm like this hits central Europe. We also spoke with a guy from a company that provided tents and accomodation for a lot of events all over the world (Formula One, Olympics, concerts & festivals) and he said that his tents and mobile homes could take winds of more than 180kmh, in comparison to the tents in Vienna, which could only be used in winds not faster than
120 kmh.

So as a fact the UEFa has not been able to provide working space for journalists even in conditions of bad weather.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 26, 2008 13:03

Yeah, the tents were probably ok with the wind speed - but if a tree hits them?
Anyway, you seem to know a lot about it, I just know it was a hell of a storm (and rain)

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 26, 2008 13:18

"when shit hits the fan"....(could work out a nice bilingual joke on this)

Of course, right decision to evacuate, not arguing about it. But it's a fact that the press center is in tents and not in concrete buildings.

Date: June 26, 2008 13:22

Papo
"when shit hits the fan"....(could work out a nice bilingual joke on this)

Of course, right decision to evacuate, not arguing about it. But it's a fact that the press center is in tents and not in concrete buildings.

Haha. Good one. If the toilets blew away it could well have been a case of the shit hits the fans. And if that happens then you 'gotta scrape the shit right off your shoes'.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 26, 2008 16:13

sorry for my anti-german posts. but frustration is also part of the game. ;-)
the next day is always different. i first posted that vid of toni schumacher almost killing a french player in 1982, to illustrate why as a kid i started to "hate" the german football teams. there's nothing i can do about it...
völler, klinsmann, briegel, matthäus, breme, effenberger, kahn, ballack....
sorry, but they don't make it easy to change my mind! ;-)
nevermind, it's just a game... ;-)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 26, 2008 16:17

LOL guitarbastard, for me it started in 1974 smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: June 26, 2008 17:14

Yeah, for me too (supporting the German side that is). And they didn't play a strong "Vorrunde" even then... ;-)

But seeing them as a 9-year-old...to me they were our strongest team ever (surely sugarcoated by memory...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-27 11:33 by Greenblues.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 26, 2008 17:24

Forget the fights and wars...
Vamooooossss ESPAÑAAAAA!!!!
It´s showtime in 4 hours the passport to the final!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 26, 2008 17:29

Good luck, Carlitos, get your ticket...!! ;-)

Date: June 26, 2008 17:34

It´s been 16 days WE won easily the Russians!!!
Some examples,
Carlitos
Tenerife
VAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Date: June 26, 2008 17:37

Yeah. We're here cos we love The Stones primarily. You're right, it's only a bloody game. Come on Spain tonight. My wife is making tapas and sangria in their honour.

Date: June 26, 2008 17:42

Some tapas, great Spanish wine, and at the end some Cava to celebrate por favor!!!
If you need help with the tapas, please let me know, but now go to the market grap some wine from any region from Spain and start cooking, you are gonna get a amazing game tonight!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: June 26, 2008 17:53

germany hasnt got any class, but still they're in the final....they are so muc worse, they dont have any class, but still they're in the final. football is a stupid game!

Well, Germany played bad yesterday... but so did Turkey during the last 2-3 games and they managed their way to the semis nevertheless. What we got yesterday was Germany adopting Turkey's tactics: bad but passionate playing over at least 90 minutes and then finishing the opponent with last minute goals winking smiley

Deserved, undeserved... we showed that we can play football on a high level (against Portugal!) but that the team has to be a bit more self confident. Not a constantly good team, but which team in this competition is??? None. So I don't worry too much about this question... in the end it's the goals that count, and in this regard Germany was the better team.

Posted by: somegirls ()
Date: June 26, 2008 17:55

I'm more curious how and what Guenther Netzer has comment on the game last night about the German team.........I miss his comment !!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 26, 2008 17:56

I love Spanish wine and tapas, but tonight I think I'm gonna get myself a nice bottle of good Russian vodka... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-26 17:58 by Doxa.

Date: June 26, 2008 18:00

somegirls
I'm more curious how and what Guenther Netzer has comment on the game last night about the German team.........I miss his comment !!

Yeah, me too. Just too much ZDF in the broadcasting schedule...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-26 18:10 by Greenblues.

Date: June 26, 2008 18:06

Fine, let´s toast at the end of the game, with some shots of Vodka, but I still prefer some ORUJOS!!!
Vaaaaaamoossssssssssssssssssssssssssss ESPAÑA!!!
Time for the SIESTA for me, see you later!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Doxa
I love Spanish wine and tapas, but tonight I think I'm gonna get myself a nice bottle of good Russian vodka... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: somegirls ()
Date: June 26, 2008 18:19

Greenblues
somegirls

Yeah, me too. Just too much ZDF in the broadcasting schedule...
So does ARD broadcast the final game? I will not be able to watch german TV anyway though...shade !

Date: June 26, 2008 19:08

Yeah, ARD! So let's hope Günther Netzer will grin from ear to ear then... He nearly managed to after the Portugal match ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-26 19:10 by Greenblues.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 26, 2008 19:22

three points
-----------------
yesteday :
* my team the turks went down as heroes yesterday i think

today :
* there are so many liverpoolplayers ( 4 I think ) in the
spanish team, I have to support them

sunday :
* germany spain ... 1:2

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: June 26, 2008 19:43

my guess for the final: USSR vs. Germany. sorry, carlitos...

Date: June 26, 2008 19:54

Si, the Liverpool the Spanish team, with his coach Benitez, Spanish as well, he started to be famous over here in Tenerife, taking the team from second division to first, next year champion of the liga with Valencia, and next one, you know champion of europe with Liverpool.
Reina,Arbeloa, Xavi Alonso and Torres play with Liverpool
Cesc Fabregas is Playing with Arsenal.
Siesta is done less than two hours for the GAME!!!!
Vammmmooooosssss SPain!!!
Carlitos

three points
-----------------
yesteday :
* my team the turks went down as heroes yesterday i think

today :
* there are so many liverpoolplayers ( 4 I think ) in the
spanish team, I have to support them

sunday :
* germany spain ... 1:2

Date: June 26, 2008 20:15

It´s raining as hell in Wienn!!!
It will be sun, the SUN of Spain tonight!!
I am going to the market, some stuff for tonite, and tomorrow in Madrid Neil Young and Rock in Rio, over there anyone there?
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 26, 2008 21:06

Hey Carlos, my wife bought Almodovar queso. Nothing to do with Pedro Almodovar I don't think. Also on the menu is chorizo, patatas bravas, bocarones, and my favourite chiparones. And of course pan y alioli Bon profit mi amigo.

Date: June 26, 2008 21:08

Hey Carlos, how do you cook the chiparones. They are in a tin but over in Formentera two weeks ago I had them hot. What's the best method? And quickest, I'm starving and don't want to miss the match!

Date: June 26, 2008 21:16

Si, I assume the Almodovar cheese come in a jar with olive oil, verdad? Its from La Mancha really good one. Serve it over a crostinni with grilled red bell peppers or it suchs. Chorizo, papas bravas, and boquerones in vinegar great!!
For chipirones, if they come in tin, leave them like that, to get them hot, you have to buy them fresh, and them add flour and fried them in olive oil, from ti its fine as well. Have a great bread, and you can make pan tumaca, rubb somre fresh tomato over the bread and some jamon serrano on top, if not just bread, tomate and some fine olive oil and good sea salt.
Vamos España!!
Carlitos

Date: June 26, 2008 21:19

Vamoossss ESPAÑA!!

Date: June 26, 2008 21:24

Glory is waiting for you

Vamos ESPAÑA!!!!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home