Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: To all the SAL and Stones complainers
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 3, 2008 21:29

There are no sycophants as far as I can see Barn Owl, mostly people that praise the band for certain things and criticize them for other things- and then there is a handful of people such as yourself and Logie that are either trolls, the most negative downers in the world or simply not in touch with reality since you never have anything positive to say.

It's just amazing that you keep coming here and going to the shows despite all your bitching and whining. Maybe you and Logie can start a knitting club since you whine like old ladies.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: May 3, 2008 21:58

My only thing to say on this is that if it has to occur, keep it as minimilistic as possible. But it seems they draw more attention to it (Woody & Keith), by too much waving and posing overall. Iv'e had non hardcore Stones fans attend shows and different groups of people came up to me to say "there was some question as to how much they were really playing", due to this waving posing etc. They were almost insinuating that some pre recorded stuff was being played. I certaintly don't believe that and reassured them, no its just Keith & Ronnie. I just say whether its Blondie and how much of him, or someone else or God forbid "recorded" parts, please draw as much attention away from it all by acting focused on playing plain & simple. Honestly there are snippets of DVDS etc where I do a double take and question where the hell the guitar sound is coming from as Keith is walking over to ronnie & lying head on his shoulder, while ronnie is waving. Neither seem to be playing. I don't have the answers to any of this obviously but their behavior (endless posing & waving) lends credibility to the naysayers, and opens the door to the subject, when most average people wouldn't normally question any of this. I love em and always will! I just wish they'd think about, drawing attention away from this issue, by clowning, while notes are being played from somewhere by someone. MEZ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-03 22:04 by James Lynn.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 3, 2008 22:10

Blondie is really the Spiderman character "Doc Ock", and he has mechanical arms that only appear backstage. This way, he can play three guitars at once. There -- mystery solved. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: May 3, 2008 22:53

FrankM
It's just amazing that you keep coming here and going to the shows despite all your bitching and whining. Maybe you and Logie can start a knitting club since you whine like old ladies.

The simple fact of the matter Frank is that people like myself and others, make valid constructive points (some critical), and you lose your rag because you don't agree!

You simply refuse to believe anything that you don't like, and then threaten to leave the board, taking your ball with you!

That's a pretty bad temper you have. Best get it seen to.

Date: May 3, 2008 22:55

bassplayer617
Blondie is really the Spiderman character "Doc Ock", and he has mechanical arms that only appear backstage. This way, he can play three guitars at once. There -- mystery solved. >grinning smiley<

Er yes, that's right bassplayer, he's the err..spiderman thingymagig. Intelligent point.

...BTW, been to any stones gigs lately, like in the last 40 years?

Date: May 3, 2008 22:55

You can spin it anyway you want Barn Owl but you are just a whiner that uses this forum to bitch, moan and complain. And speaking of rags you are one pal.

Date: May 3, 2008 22:58

FrankM
You can spin it anyway you want Barn Owl but you are just a whiner that uses this forum to bitch, moan and complain. And speaking of rags you are one pal.

...don't call me 'pal', you big fat tosser!!

Date: May 3, 2008 22:58

Barn Owl
bassplayer617

Er yes, that's right bassplayer, he's the err..spiderman thingymagig. Intelligent point.

What's the matter Barn Owl? His opinion doesn't count? Rag.

Date: May 3, 2008 23:04

Barn Owl
FrankM

...don't call me 'pal', you big fat tosser!!

I was using pal in the generic sense. I wouldn't have a friend like you that whines, bitches and moans about everything. Maybe you are going through one of those "guy periods" Owl. Perhaps there is some medicine to help you through it.

Date: May 3, 2008 23:04

FrankM
Barn Owl
bassplayer617

What's the matter Barn Owl? His opinion doesn't count? Rag.

Well let's just say that it carries little substance if he has no actual experience to go on.

I mean how does he KNOW that Blondie isn't the spiderman?

Date: May 3, 2008 23:13

Barn Owl

Yes, I went to the 1981 show in Lexington KY and even have an excellent bootleg from it. I wasn't disappointed then, and in the succeeding 27 years still haven't grown annoyed with them. BTW, my ticket cost me $16. That's ironic, considering that I've paid more for a DVD or CD than actually seeing them live.

Look, no matter what any of us say, it's not gonna change anyone's opinion. It certainly doesn't affect what the band does.

However, one cannot say that the band dismisses their fans. The prices for the last two DVD sets were deliberately kept low, and I appreciated it.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 3, 2008 23:17

Can't believe so many posts here where people doubt that Blondie is playing an electric guitar, just because it's not to be found on youtube....absurd. There's plenty of evidence on DVDs, in case one didn't notice it oneself on the ABB tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-04 00:31 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 4, 2008 00:26

I'm sure that Blondie would get a good laugh out of all this goofiness. Sure, "the man behind the curtain".

To be honest, I'm more interested in watching Lisa. smoking smiley

Date: May 4, 2008 01:10

lol yeah it's like the Wizard Of Oz. Keith is just the face on the stage while Blondie secretly pulls all the levers behind the curtain.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 4, 2008 02:50

Erik_Snow
Can't believe so many posts here where people doubt that Blondie is playing an electric guitar, just because it's not to be found on youtube....absurd. There's plenty of evidence on DVDs, in case one didn't notice it oneself on the ABB tour.

Indeed....as if someone filming a Stones show from their cellphone so they can post it on YouTube is going to spend the film focussing on Blondie Chaplin...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 4, 2008 03:48

when I first noticed blondie playing gituar it was acustic on satisfaction and gimme shelter on the FF twicks show. That didnt bother me one bit, thought it was fine.it added a layer of sound to those songs like it does on such as songs the studio version of Beast Of Burden which has an added layer of acustic gituar. its not the main part of it, it just enhances it a little.

then I started hearing from reputable sources that he played electric gituar on JJF back stage... so I don't know first hand but tend to believe it.

and then theres ABB Little T&A. where you see him w/ electric gituar. at least its not hidden, I respect that.

I don't like the idea of it but Im not an expert, I don't know how much he is just adding to the sound or covering up parts that the main guys are missing. Is it only on JJF and on some of Keiths songs... or is there more?

anyways, It doesn't mean I don't enjoy the shows still.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-04 03:52 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 4, 2008 03:50

Just dont tell ol' Keef, he'd be punchin us all in a face.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:00

I'm not an expert either Ryan but my guess is that it is not sigificant enough to get bummed out over. Obviously he is an old man that has physical problems and may need help on certain songs but I don't think Blondie carries the show by any stretch of the imagination.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: May 4, 2008 04:15

Where are the pictures of Blondie playing behind the curtains? I don't believe this one Gaz, but i could be wrong. He is what he is a backing musician and good at what he does for them imo it's nothing major, but he play's the electric on Monkey Man out on the stage and has a pretty good peice in it on his gold top paul,it just makes the sound more solid,you know in the studio there are so many overdubes.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: May 4, 2008 04:22

FrankM
Maybe you and Logie can start a knitting club since you whine like old ladies.

The ancient art of weaving! So THAT'S what Keith and Ronnie are up to!

Incidentally, for someone who is all over this thread (like a rash), I've yet to see anything that you've said so far to be either:

a) in support of the Stones;
b) a valid point;
c) been worth talking about any further (apart from your bad-mouthing of others).

So what HAVE you got to actually say, Frank?

Oh, and by the way, seems like Barn Owl WAS spot on about Blondie after all.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:23

stonesfrk
Where are the pictures of Blondie playing behind the curtains? I don't believe this one Gaz, but i could be wrong. He is what he is a backing musician and good at what he does for them imo it's nothing major, but he play's the electric on Monkey Man out on the stage and has a pretty good peice in it on his gold top paul,it just makes the sound more solid,you know in the studio there are so many overdubes.

There arent any pictures if he's behind the curtain.

You dont believe it? I saw him playing at the side of the stage, sitting down. As did others. Are you saying I made that up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-04 04:24 by Gazza.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:25

stonesfrk

Who takes pictures of musicians partly concealed behind curtains?

In fact, who takes pictures of ANYONE partly concealed behind curtains? Unless of course, you have a fetish for that kind of thing.

The reason why they are behind the curtains in the first place is that they want to be hidden.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:26

FrankM
I'm not an expert either Ryan but my guess is that it is not sigificant enough to get bummed out over. Obviously he is an old man that has physical problems and may need help on certain songs but I don't think Blondie carries the show by any stretch of the imagination.

Correct. I dont think anyone is suggesting he does, though

Date: May 4, 2008 04:31

Well you won't see pictures of it if it's behind the curtains but Gazza has no reason to lie about it. My problem isn't with Gazza stating it happens my problem is with certain people here that will blow it out of proportion and make is sound as if Keith just stands there with an uplugged guitar while blondie does all the work backstage. I don't have a problem with Blondie helping out a little here and there but if he is going to do that then why not have him on the main stage instead of hiding him. There is no shame for a guy that is pushing sixty five to need a little help- especially after his fall.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:34

FrankM
Well you won't see pictures of it if it's behind the curtains but Gazza has no reason to lie about it. My problem isn't with Gazza stating it happens my problem is with certain people here that will blow it out of proportion and make is sound as if Keith just stands there with an uplugged guitar while blondie does all the work backstage. I don't have a problem with Blondie helping out a little here and there but if he is going to do that then why not have him on the main stage instead of hiding him. There is no shame for a guy that is pushing sixty five to need a little help- especially after his fall.

Frank, can you please quote these "certain people"?

I'd be interested to hear what they actually said.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:36

Gazza
stonesfrk

You dont believe it? I saw him playing at the side of the stage, sitting down. As did others. Are you saying I made that up?
No did i say that you made it up? i find it hard to believe,because he's up there most of the show why would they hide him, unless they want to be that five peice unit for the begining of the show,and then bring everyone into the picture as the show progresses. I never saw it but if i would of knownn of this i would of tried to check it out because i had ample opportunity. Owell to late. That's pretty bizarre.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:37

FrankM
Well you won't see pictures of it if it's behind the curtains but Gazza has no reason to lie about it. My problem isn't with Gazza stating it happens my problem is with certain people here that will blow it out of proportion and make is sound as if Keith just stands there with an uplugged guitar while blondie does all the work backstage.

No one has suggested that. Stating that they are is, if anything, blowing things out of all proportion.

FrankM
I don't have a problem with Blondie helping out a little here and there but if he is going to do that then why not have him on the main stage instead of hiding him. There is no shame for a guy that is pushing sixty five to need a little help- especially after his fall.

Well, its an image thing. Having a non-Stone onstage playing a 3rd guitar in what is a guitar orientated band sends out a signal they dont want. He was doing so before Keith's fall, however, but youre correct, its no big deal.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 4, 2008 04:38

I've only ever seen a curtain when taking pictures of someone behind a curtain. Hence the 'behind the curtain' part. What, y'all got cocaine eyes or sumthin'? Heh heh.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:39

stonesfrk
Gazza
stonesfrk

No did i say that you made it up? i find it hard to believe,because he's up there most of the show why would they hide him, unless they want to be that five peice unit for the begining of the show,and then bring everyone into the picture as the show progresses. I never saw it but if i would of knownn of this i would of tried to check it out because i had ample opportunity. Owell to late. That's pretty bizarre.

Well, I stated that Ive seen it with my own eyes and youve replied that you "dont believe this one". Thats what it looked like to me..anyway, no big deal.

Date: May 4, 2008 04:39

LOGIE
stonesfrk

Who takes pictures of musicians partly concealed behind curtains?

In fact, who takes pictures of ANYONE partly concealed behind curtains? Unless of course, you have a fetish for that kind of thing.

The reason why they are behind the curtains in the first place is that they want to be hidden.
Because it's easy these day's everybody know's when somebody shit's since the internet, Get real Logie if i would of heard this i would of loved to shoot it and show the freak's,that want to argue the point.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home