Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: To all the SAL and Stones complainers
Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: May 4, 2008 04:49

Gazza
stonesfrk
Gazza
stonesfrk
Where are the pictures of Blondie playing behind the curtains? I don't believe this one Gaz, but i could be wrong. He is what he is a backing musician and good at what he does for them imo it's nothing major, but he play's the electric on Monkey Man out on the stage and has a pretty good peice in it on his gold top paul,it just makes the sound more solid,you know in the studio there are so many overdubes.

There arent any pictures if he's behind the curtain.

You dont believe it? I saw him playing at the side of the stage, sitting down. As did others. Are you saying I made that up?
No did i say that you made it up? i find it hard to believe,because he's up there most of the show why would they hide him, unless they want to be that five peice unit for the begining of the show,and then bring everyone into the picture as the show progresses. I never saw it but if i would of knownn of this i would of tried to check it out because i had ample opportunity. Owell to late. That's pretty bizarre.

Well, I stated that Ive seen it with my own eyes and youve replied that you "dont believe this one". Thats what it looked like to me..anyway, no big deal.
Well i did'nt see the post where you stated it,I never read your post where you stated you saw him playing behind the scenes. You know what though it does'nt really matter anyway's every professional does this either by having an extra playing the part's or by hitting a tape machine playing the rythem while he play's a lead like page used to doit's all relative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-04 04:49 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 4, 2008 05:06

Jeez guys can we all get on the same page. Logie you have a hard time keeping your story straight buddy. Is it a big deal for you or not if Blondie sometimes help Keith? Yes or no? First you say Barn Owl was right. Well go to page five if you can read and you will see Barn Owl stating that Blondie plays electric guitar to cover the inept arses of Keith and Ron. Then when I talk of people exaggerating the impact of Blondie you claim nobody said that. Which is it? Get your story straight.

Date: May 4, 2008 05:32

Yea I never thought i would back you Frank but on this one yes. Big deal Blondie play's some guitar on half of the song's in concert,oh no, not you again, Keef must not know how to play anymore,Yikes It's over Blondie is THE STONES!

Date: May 4, 2008 05:37

Yeah well people like Logie and Barn Owl just like to get attention. That's how it goes in these forums. Unfortunately there are always a few bad apples in any bunch.

Date: May 4, 2008 05:41

Yea well you know, It takes everyone right? At least Keith is paying somebody to play and make a living, instead of playing a tape machine to do it. ONE LOVE MY BROTHER.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 4, 2008 05:59

Remember the accusations about them using BACKING TAPES during the Urban Jungle tour for Rock And A Hard Place? What was that all about anyway?

Aerosmith does. Not The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 4, 2008 12:37

Possible.....

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 4, 2008 13:28

FrankM
Yeah well people like Logie and Barn Owl just like to get attention. That's how it goes in these forums. Unfortunately there are always a few bad apples in any bunch.

Yeah, and your posts are always very thoughtful. Thank you Frank, I want to thank you. And thank you means merci.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-04 13:31 by LA FORUM.

Date: May 4, 2008 15:51

My posts are being criticized by someone who starts a thread about his abs? LA nobody cares about your abs. Hopefully you will excercise your mind instead so you can come up with some better thoughts in the future lol.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: May 4, 2008 16:51

ablett
Possible.....

...altogether now......"HE'S BEHIND YOU....."

Date: May 4, 2008 17:06

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: May 4, 2008 17:32

ablett

Hey now, go easy...you'll be getting me locked up.

Date: May 4, 2008 18:07

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: May 5, 2008 02:45

FrankM
ERC everyone knows you are trolling- you aren't fooling anyone. The only sad thing is apparently you have nothing better to do with your life and that is what is really sad.

not sure why the ancient art of trolling has to associated with having a sad life.

i'm as happy as a pig in poo!!

great thread, keep up the biff.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 5, 2008 03:20

I thought the backing tapes were on the voodoo lounge tour

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 5, 2008 03:49

There was a rumour about it on the 1990 tour. As far as I recall, the Stones sucessfully sued a German tabloid who stated they were using pre-recorded vocals.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 5, 2008 03:50

Stern was it?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 5, 2008 03:55

Either that or Die Spiegel, but now you mention it, I think youre correct.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 5, 2008 07:04

Der Spiegel in 1995.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: May 5, 2008 07:48

Yeah , that was Der Spiegel
i read it on "According to the Rolling Stones"
Mick says he was angry with the commentary , he said they just kick ass every show for the people and work out their best and then someone states they've been using backing tapes!
i say : how can people be that bad asses!
they do the best for every stones fan! respect them !
get to 64 years old and get up on stage , then stay working it the best you can for about 2 hours , then you can tell they use backing tapes!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 5, 2008 10:10

Please do NOT use IORR for fighting. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 5, 2008 10:27

Sorry Stern & thank you erikjjf with what I'd be trust in as
the correct answer: Der Spiegel in 1995.

They'd win again against the Swedish tabloid that lied about the Göteborg gig,
if they wanted to process.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: May 5, 2008 11:54

mexicostone
Yeah , that was Der Spiegel
i read it on "According to the Rolling Stones"
Mick says he was angry with the commentary , he said they just kick ass every show for the people and work out their best and then someone states they've been using backing tapes!
i say : how can people be that bad asses!
they do the best for every stones fan! respect them !
get to 64 years old and get up on stage , then stay working it the best you can for about 2 hours , then you can tell they use backing tapes!

The feature in "Der Spiegel" stated that certain sections in various tracks from different shows sounded suspiciously similar. The author compared some "markers" and claimed to have found them on every of these tracks. It didn't seem that far fetched to me then to assume they might use some "technical help", as the previous Urban Jungle tour had indeed been the most "perfect" up to date with lots of backing musicians, a drum machine on Sympathy and even some samples.

However: Eventually "Der Spiegel" apologised (not before the Stones had refused to give them any more interviews in the future) and that was that.

I don't know what triggered the whole story in the first place. Maybe the author got fooled by the fact that Charly used a click track, or he concentrated on certain samples (like the cow bell in Honky Tonk Women, used in 89/90). Maybe he was just completely incompetent. But the topic died a quick death, and luckily so:
You wouldn't have wanted the Stones to be compared with Madonna!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-05 17:35 by Greenblues.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 5, 2008 13:44

OK now let's calm down.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 5, 2008 17:33

Well most certainly songs are going to sound 'the same' on a tour night in night out because they rehearsed them a certain way for so long and then play most of them every night. That's why certain tours have a certain sound.

When I saw the Stones, no one was fooling me. With exception to the keyboards for various things and the samples for whatever, they sounded crisp and tight but there were some tunes, like Rock And A Hard Place, that sounded pretty loose.

I think this may have wandered off the thread. What is the thread about again?

Date: May 5, 2008 17:35

If I remember right, Der Spiegel accused the stones for using backing tracks of music for the rhyhtm section and vocals on Rock And A Hard Place.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: May 5, 2008 17:57

Charlie's cowbell at the beginning of HTW was actually a backing track.

Date: May 5, 2008 23:25

oh so the article was from 95 which made me think voodoo lounge tour , my mistake

Date: May 5, 2008 23:30

check out keiths intro to gimme shelter from toronto 89 dvd, does anything seem odd there to anyone, like a little out of sync, iam sure its not but i just want to know if anyone else thinks there may be a problem

Date: May 5, 2008 23:49

Your DVD players knackered!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home