Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Tired of Keith
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:05

Just one thing: the "creative bankrupcy".
Go home & listen to This Place Is Empty.
And how many songwriters have peaked after 50??
And how many songwriters have sumfin' like Keith Richards's song-treasure shadowing themselves??

The other is same bollocks as always.

Do not judge our Keef thru media's shades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-04 21:02 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:09

"If you wanna get people's piss boiling, you don't do drugs or drink a lot or f*** groupies. You do an advertisement. The bigger cooperation the better"

Aaah, it's all a double bluff. Thanks for enlightening me.

Posted by: yapyap5 ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:16

Tired of Keith? Keith who? You can't mean the coolest dude on Earth, Mr. Richards, Can you? I never will understand why people who claimto be Stones fans can say things like this.

You know what they say about opinions, though.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:21

Just as long as his guitar plays...let it steal your heart away.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:39

Munichhilton
Just as long as his guitar plays...let it steal your heart away.

That'll do for me, STILL haven't heard a better riff than ... "you got to roll me" ... and I doubt I ever will. Above all else, he's written genius songs with genius riffs. If he comes out with the odd load of complete bollocks once in a while, hey so what - really & truly ... ? Which of us hasn't after all (come out with a load of complete bollocks once in a while I mean) ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:41

JumpingKentFlash
Gazza
So, let me get this right. You're suggesting that Keith, the ultimate icon of rock n roll rebelllion - is consciously being more rebellious than ever by doing something as anti-rock n roll and anti-conventionally rebelliousness as he possibly can.smileys with beer

Thats an original slant, I'll give you that much. I suppose this means he'll accept a knighthood now just to be 'rebellious' ?

What next? Keith joins the religious right in denouncing rock n roll as satanic?

I don't think he does it consciously. I think he does it for the dough, the publicity and because he wants to. The last paragraph being the ultimate rock 'n roll rebellion.

BTW: You didn't get my text message yesterday?

No. I hope you werent trying to tell me the engagement's off? eye popping smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:45

yapyap5
Tired of Keith? Keith who? You can't mean the coolest dude on Earth, Mr. Richards, Can you? I never will understand why people who claimto be Stones fans can say things like this.

You know what they say about opinions, though.

because also fans can be critical. if not they are called fanatics.
so in your opinion things you love mustnt be critisised at all???
well then goodnight to all human relations...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:47

I think he did it just so he could wear those clothes with a guitar in the public eye again.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:51

He's the coolest to be walking on to legs in this world. Period.

phelge
I never thought I'd say this but what the hell, Keith is starting to get on my nerves.

1) His endless recycling of old quotes "Mick is vain" etc., say something new for god's sake.

2) Slagging off other bands "Arctic Monkeys, Oasis.... crap", when he also admits to never listening to them. And ALWAYS having a pop at Led Zep, it's obvious he's just plain jealous.

3) The Louis Vuitton ad.

4) Creative bankruptcy .... hasn't written a REALLY great tune in ages.

5) His guitar playing ain't getting better.

6) His tired insistence on playing the rebel ..... how may times do you hear about him switching into "Keith" mode when it's time for an interview or photo op? Surely by now he has nothing more to prove, so why not grow up and stop pretending to be a vagabond, when in fact he's a cossetted multi-millionaire with an army of synchophantic lackies at his beck and call?

OBVIOULSY I still love him to bits but I just wish he'd stop the pretence and just be himself...... maybe he doesn't know how to.
And yes, these criticisms can also, in a large part, apply to Mick, but he stopped pretending to be an anti-establishment rebel a long time ago.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:53

I'll reserve judgment until I see him unable to rebound

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 05:48 by chelskeith.

Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:54

skipstone
I think he did it just so he could wear those clothes with a guitar in the public eye again.

"Those clothes???"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 4, 2008 17:59

In the luis vuiton thread I did say "fashion whore" but I was just kidding. I don't think its a big deal he's doing that. Sometimes his quotes get tiresome, but that doesn't make me like him less, thats just the way he is. As mick once said, "Keith has always been a quiet meditative person, so to get him to say what he thinks can be very difficult" I think that's why he says the same things a lot like "Its good to be here, its good to be anywhere". Other times, I find he can be very articulite and interesting.

I wouldn't say im tired of Keith, I would be tired of boring interviews he's done latley if I kept reading them.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-04 18:10 by ryanpow.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: March 4, 2008 18:09

Hey guys...dont blame Keith....its the booze !! I've said it for years now---
Since Keith became a really heavy drinker he's become more and more cantankerous and obnoxious--I used to love it when a magazine came out with a Keith interview and now I kinda cringe because I know its going to be more of the same.....I mean, how many 64 year old guys are still wearing chains and carrying knives and shitting all over their "best friend"every chance they get ? He's still crapping all over Brian Jones as well--I mean, come on,its been almost 40 years since the guy died..
Look at Jim Morrison- really enjoyable to listen to when sober or slightly buzzed, but totally obnoxious when really drunk--same with Keith
Maybe Keith should lay off the vodka and switch to beer......!

Granted, he's contributed so much to music, he has nothing left to prove--he's done it all, but still you really would like to see him age a little more gracefully than he is...

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 4, 2008 18:11

JumpingKentFlash

>>>Honey, it ain't getting worse.

Aint getting worse??

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 4, 2008 18:23

YEah its the booze, drugs didnt kill him the booze is the real killer for him. I think TITN is one of his best songs but the man isnt creative anymore.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 4, 2008 18:26

Keith has become pathetic and a joke..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: March 4, 2008 18:35

I dont get this "posing" thing...what do you mean??=)

Date: March 4, 2008 18:41

I don't care whatcha all say...Keef is the bestest!
Long live Keef!
Go Cat Go!
smileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 4, 2008 18:51

Maybe Keith is tired of us, as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-04 18:59 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 4, 2008 18:57

I dont get this "posing" thing when he's on stage...what do you mean??=)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-04 18:58 by Jocke.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 4, 2008 19:20

As an open Mick fan, I partially agree with the start of the thread, but I wouldn't say that I'm tired of Keith - I couldn't care less about what he says. How he plays (or doesn't play these days)... well, that's age. We'll all mellow when we gett wrinkly I suppose. Keith has stayed in a safe, comfortable place musically since the Steel Wheels days. He's not a risk-taker, he's set in his ways.

I'm not saying it's good or badm right or wrong - it's just how I see him what what he is. A lovable old scruff - who's the rock n' roll equivalent of the old man telling kids to 'stop playin' on my lawn, man'!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 4, 2008 19:27

For me, Keith never came out of the Eighties. He took the path of least resistance, hitched his cart to Jagger and together they are riding their reputations into the sunset, padding their retirement accounts and for the most part going through the motions.

In the past he was cool, a silent type that mumbled. But if you listened closely you would discover he made a point. There was a thought behind the mumbled words. Now he is the merry jester. A quipster. He gets two songs an album (keep them slow), two songs a show. Psychologically, he appears to me to be someone trying so hard to be cool and happy that I suspect it is a disguise. Consciencely or unconsciencely I think he's making the best of a bad decision by being an offhanded goof, assuaging the effects of that decision by taking his now almost regular shots at Jagger because he knows he (Jagger) has to take it. Somehow in this muddled relationship with Jagger Woody became untouchable and there you have it...a band of mutual convenience.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 4, 2008 19:42

while I realize the stones aren't what they used to be, I dont buy this argument that theyre just phoning it in and taking the easy route. Its not easy keeping a band together. A lot of older bands touring now werent together all along, they are re-united. The stones havent re united because they never broke up! Look at Van Halen, theyve changed lead singers and reunited with David Lee Roth and they cant even finsh the god damn tour. It would have been really easy for the stones to call everything off after Keith's head injury but instead the took a break and extended the tour, Keith never whined or complained.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-04 19:47 by ryanpow.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: March 4, 2008 20:55

There are many guitar players the same age as Keith who are still playing some of the best guitar of their lives. Clapton, Neil Young and David Gilmour to name a few sound pretty amazing live these days. Saw all three recently and all gave jaw dropping performances. As for keith I sort of hold my breath, hoping that he plays good.

What Keith should do is release some of those country style songs that we hear he has been doing for a while at his home studio. Show that he still has the drive to create new and different music.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 4, 2008 21:04

None of those ya mentioned, J-J, suffer from Arthritis.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: March 4, 2008 21:15

Not tired of Keith.

His playing on the 3 shows I saw during the ABB tour was excellent, and included a seriously burning solo on SFTD.

He and Ronnie sounded MORE powerful during ABB than on the Licks tour; partly a mixing board equation, no doubt, but the point is, I don't think his sound is suffering one bit, even if the arthritis ain't helping any.

As for the other stuff, care if you want. I think Keith's lively demeanor recently suggests another tour may indeed take place!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 4, 2008 21:17

to those that DISS keef, get a @#$%^&* life.go listen to xtina, and brittney and kanye and all the other no talent crap

Posted by: BostonStrangler ()
Date: March 4, 2008 21:23

The person who started this thread has issues and we should respect that..
but I'd rather give Nel Carter a sponge bath than ever hold a conversation with this troubled individual..

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 4, 2008 21:25

JumpingKentFlash
>>>Honey, it ain't getting worse.

Being totally "Blinded By Love" makes it hard to realize the obvious deterioration.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: March 4, 2008 21:47

I may be imagining it, but since the whole surgery thing.. Keith seems to have changed. The whole sniffing his dad thing, the not being able to play @#$%& Brown Sugar anymore.. overall just the weird things he says in the media.. and just looking unhealthy, not fresh, ya know? He doesn't have that adoring Keith-smile anymore, it's become more of a crazy-man pathetic smile. And I personally did not like A Bigger Bang.

But then again if they brought out another record, I'd buy it. And if they'd tour again, I'd go and see them.. so why would he stop? He IS making a fool of himself. But he gets his pay and I guess also just the idea that he's still got something.. he says playing guitar is all he's really good at. He's not good anymore. But people cheer at him, because it WAS. So I guess that gives him some kind of satisfaction.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home