Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Tired of Keith
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 4, 2008 23:37

Perhaps it aint Keef at all? They might have switched him to some
Kiwi-dwellin' alien?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 4, 2008 23:47

"Those clothes" meaning the cat print. I've only ever see him wear that in photos (and videos) on stage.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 4, 2008 23:49

Tired of Keith--WTF????

...Just put on Bye Bye Johnny from anywhere on the US 1972 tour. I think you'll find you are NOT tired of him.

JR

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2008 23:55

Learning The Game.......Texas 2006....That one will bite ya

ROCKMAN

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 5, 2008 00:08

oh my god , keith is turning into chuck berry

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 5, 2008 00:19

It seems to me that the rock and roll original and rebel that was very much Keith Richards morphed into the public persona "Keef" sometime in the late '80s. Thereafter he seemed to be imitating himself, at least publicy. But hell, the way I see it he can do whatever he wants. He's earned it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-05 00:20 by ChrisM.

Posted by: bikerboot ()
Date: March 5, 2008 01:17

paulywaul
Munichhilton
Just as long as his guitar plays...let it steal your heart away.

That'll do for me, STILL haven't heard a better riff than ... "you got to roll me" ... and I doubt I ever will. Above all else, he's written genius songs with genius riffs. If he comes out with the odd load of complete bollocks once in a while, hey so what - really & truly ... ? Which of us hasn't after all (come out with a load of complete bollocks once in a while I mean) ?

smileys with beer

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 5, 2008 01:21

melillo

Its about time! It was, and likely still is, his dream...

JR

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 5, 2008 01:42

Baboon Bro
Perhaps it aint Keef at all? They might have switched him to some
Kiwi-dwellin' alien?

haha! manchurian keith

"connection, all i want to do is to get back to you..."

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 5, 2008 01:59

stone-relics
melillo

Its about time! It was, and likely still is, his dream...

JR

the musical part yes, the bitter old fool part no

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: March 5, 2008 04:42

I agree with "King Snake" after the surgery things changed. One cause may the meds he is on; Dilantin has side effects of slurred speech, decreased coordination, mental confusion. He mixes that with other things like alchol it can't be good.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 5, 2008 04:43

Does he ever have anything good to say about Mick when their not working.Its getting old Keith. Time to do a solo album.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: March 5, 2008 05:14

Don't know about Keith, but I'm getting tired of being on Dilantin as I have been on it, along with other meds for almost 2 years. I don't think I will be getting off it anytime soon.

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: March 5, 2008 07:01

phelge
2) Slagging off other bands "Arctic Monkeys, Oasis.... crap", when he also admits to never listening to them. And ALWAYS having a pop at Led Zep, it's obvious he's just plain jealous.

I've never heard any of the Arctic Monkeys' music and Zep is actually a great band, but Keith is 100% correct about Oasis. They are nothing but third-rate Beatles hacks.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 5, 2008 07:21

Thanks Gazza for bring some sanity into this discussion.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 5, 2008 07:58

Gazza
JumpingKentFlash
Gazza
So, let me get this right. You're suggesting that Keith, the ultimate icon of rock n roll rebelllion - is consciously being more rebellious than ever by doing something as anti-rock n roll and anti-conventionally rebelliousness as he possibly can.smileys with beer

Thats an original slant, I'll give you that much. I suppose this means he'll accept a knighthood now just to be 'rebellious' ?

What next? Keith joins the religious right in denouncing rock n roll as satanic?

I don't think he does it consciously. I think he does it for the dough, the publicity and because he wants to. The last paragraph being the ultimate rock 'n roll rebellion.

BTW: You didn't get my text message yesterday?

No. I hope you werent trying to tell me the engagement's off? eye popping smiley

Hahahaha!!!! Great.
It was about a buying a Springsteen DVD actually. I wanted to know what to buy out of Toronto 84, NY 01, Storytellers or Unplugged?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: March 5, 2008 12:15

... interesting no one picked up, commmented on my first post on this thread,,
.. by doesnt surprise me, but disappointing,, for the information is there for the fanatics. . .... i get amused at this forum, like watching a clown in a rodeo barrel dodging brahma bulls and bucking bronco's, basically kaos with weak knowledge.........

Posted by: DD ()
Date: March 5, 2008 13:29

Hello. For what it's worth, having read Phelge's original comment, I must say that I absolutely agree with all of it. I've been thinking this a lot over the last year or two. I love Keith, too, but he can be utterly daft in his choice of comments at times.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 5, 2008 13:54

soundcheck
... interesting no one picked up, commmented on my first post on this thread,,
.. by doesnt surprise me, but disappointing,, for the information is there for the fanatics. . .... i get amused at this forum, like watching a clown in a rodeo barrel dodging brahma bulls and bucking bronco's, basically kaos with weak knowledge.........

We´re only here to make you feel clever...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-05 14:09 by Svartmer.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 5, 2008 14:00

"basically kaos with weak knowledge"

Sentence of the week I'd say.

It's humbling to be in ones presence.....

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: March 5, 2008 14:28

He, who is tired of Keith is tired of life.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2008 14:36

JumpingKentFlash
Gazza
JumpingKentFlash
Gazza
So, let me get this right. You're suggesting that Keith, the ultimate icon of rock n roll rebelllion - is consciously being more rebellious than ever by doing something as anti-rock n roll and anti-conventionally rebelliousness as he possibly can.smileys with beer

Thats an original slant, I'll give you that much. I suppose this means he'll accept a knighthood now just to be 'rebellious' ?

What next? Keith joins the religious right in denouncing rock n roll as satanic?

I don't think he does it consciously. I think he does it for the dough, the publicity and because he wants to. The last paragraph being the ultimate rock 'n roll rebellion.

No. I hope you werent trying to tell me the engagement's off? eye popping smiley

Hahahaha!!!! Great.
It was about a buying a Springsteen DVD actually. I wanted to know what to buy out of Toronto 84, NY 01, Storytellers or Unplugged?

well the first one is a bootleg and the last two are official.

I'm not sure what "NY 01" is..I presume you mean "Live In New York City" which is from MSG in 2000 and is an official release. If so, get that one.

Date: March 5, 2008 14:42

J-J-Flash
There are many guitar players the same age as Keith who are still playing some of the best guitar of their lives. Clapton, Neil Young and David Gilmour to name a few sound pretty amazing live these days.

Add Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend to that list......

J-J-Flash
Saw all three recently and all gave jaw dropping performances.

As for keith I sort of hold my breath, hoping that he plays good.

He still has his moments. Personally, I can live with and accept the limitations that he may have based on his age and declining physical condition.

J-J-Flash
What Keith should do is release some of those country style songs that we hear he has been doing for a while at his home studio. Show that he still has the drive to create new and different music.

I'd absolutely love to hear them. I think thats something he could do very well.

Date: March 5, 2008 14:46

King Snake
I may be imagining it, but since the whole surgery thing.. Keith seems to have changed. The whole sniffing his dad thing, the not being able to play @#$%& Brown Sugar anymore.. overall just the weird things he says in the media.. and just looking unhealthy, not fresh, ya know? He doesn't have that adoring Keith-smile anymore, it's become more of a crazy-man pathetic smile.

Ya think? Personally, I found the photos of him at Berlinale last month heart-warming. Healthiest he's looked in a decade.

Date: March 5, 2008 15:01

Gazza
JumpingKentFlash
Gazza
JumpingKentFlash
Gazza

Hahahaha!!!! Great.

well the first one is a bootleg and the last two are official.

I'm not sure what "NY 01" is..I presume you mean "Live In New York City" which is from MSG in 2000 and is an official release. If so, get that one.

OK. It is the New York one you mentioned. The one with American Skin and a pretty bad-ass version of Badlands as far as I can remember.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 5, 2008 15:12

Thats the one. Great stuff indeed, although all of it topped by an incredible version of 'Youngstown'.

Date: March 5, 2008 15:18

Gazza
Thats the one. Great stuff indeed, although all of it topped by an incredible version of 'Youngstown'.

I saw it once on Swedish TV. I liked it. I wanna buy a good Springsteen DVD because I have The Essential Bruce Springsteen CD, and want to have a concert too.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: March 5, 2008 15:50

However true some of the comments I just find the title subject of this thread a rather sad and indeed cruel comment on a man who has given so much pleasure over the years.
But it's all about opinions I suppose.

Now I'm trying to recall: Who was the whippersnapper from a rising young band who last year said he wished Keith was dead. It wasn't an Arctic Monkey was it?

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-05 15:51 by ROLLINGSTONE.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 5, 2008 15:59

No, it certainly wasn't the Arctic Monkeys....

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: March 5, 2008 16:12

"The person who started this thread has issues and we should respect that.."

Now, don't be silly. If you'd bothered to read all of original post I did say I love Keith to bits.... and always will.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home