Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT : AC/DC in studio
Posted by: roby ()
Date: March 4, 2008 18:43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[www.canada.com]

AC/DC said to be recording in Vancouver
First new album in nearly a decade
John Mackie, Vancouver Sun
Published: Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Australian hard rockers AC/DC are reportedly in Vancouver to record their first new album in nearly a decade.

The website metalunderground.com is reporting the band is recording at the Warehouse Studios in Gastown. No official sources have confirmed it: The Warehouse has a policy of not saying who is recording there, and no one at AC/DC management in New York was available for comment Monday afternoon. But a blogger named Kathleen on metalunderground.com wrote that she "just saw them dining at Yew Restaurant in the Four Seasons on W. Georgia!"

This wouldn't be the first time AC/DC recorded in Vancouver. They came to town in 1990 to record The Razor's Edge at Little Mountain Sound with the late Bruce Fairbairn, mixed a live album from their 1990-91 world at the same studio, then recorded their Stiff Upper Lip album at the Warehouse in 2000.

According to Wikipedia, AC/DC has sold 150 million records worldwide. Their biggest seller is Back in Black, which is more than 42 million internationally and over 22 million in the United States.

There is no word on how long the band will be in Vancouver, or if and when the band will be touring.

The Warehouse hasn't seen too many international acts lately, although local punk legends DOA recently recorded there with producer Bob Rock.

But a who's who of rock acts have used The Warehouse in the past, including Metallica, Avril Lavigne, Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Michael Buble, R.E.M., Motley Crue, Chris Isaak, Shakira, Alanis Morissette, the Barenaked Ladies, Elton John, Elvis Costello, the Cranberries and Sarah McLachlan, among others. Bryan Adams has recorded there as well -- after all, he owns it.

jmackie@png.canwest.com

Re: OT : AC/DC in studio
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: March 4, 2008 19:06

I saw them at Roseland Ballroom in NYC...2003. My ears are still ringing. LOL

I also saw them open for Ted Nugent at Madison Square Garden back in 79.

I'd definitely see them again.

Here's the Roseland setlist:

AC/DC's set from March 11 at New York's Roseland Ballroom:

* "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" (from 1977's Let There Be Rock)
* "Back in Black" (from 1980's Back In Black)
* "Still Upper Lip" (from 2000's Stiff Upper Lip)
* "Gone Shootin' " (from 1978's Powerage)
* "Thunderstruck" (from 1990's The Razor's Edge)
* "Rock & Roll Damnation" (from 1978's Powerage)
* "What's Next to the Moon" (from 1978's Powerage)
* "Hard As a Rock" (from 1995's Ballbreaker)
* "The Jack" (from 1976's High Voltage)
* "If You Want Blood" (from 1979's Highway To Hell)
* "Hell's Bells" (from 1980's Back In Black)
* "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (from Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap)
* "Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" (from 1980's Back in Black)
* "Shoot to Thrill" (from 1980's Back In Black)
* "T.N.T." (from 1976's High Voltage)
* "Highway to Hell" (from 1979's Highway To Hell)
* "Whole Lotta Rosie" (from 1977's Let There Be Rock)
* "You Shook Me All Night Long" (from 1980's Back In Black

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: March 4, 2008 19:17

I'm waiting for the tour as I've never seen them before. But from some sources they say after this tour they are hanging up their skates and calling it a day.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: March 4, 2008 19:36

Then a joint tour: Stones and AC/DC in 2009 - seems like good news

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 4, 2008 21:15

Good to see the band is back in town. I read rumours they were recording at the Warehouse a few years ago.
Awesome setlist from Roseland. Nice to see them doing some of the lesser known songs from Powerage.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 5, 2008 00:04

Melbourne Age - 5 March 2008

ROCKMAN

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 5, 2008 02:35

I've heard the same thing - last album, last tour. They have over 50 songs written for this record.

Date: March 5, 2008 23:12

24/02/2008...
www.highwaytoacdc.com

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 5, 2008 23:35

roby
24/02/2008...
www.highwaytoacdc.com

AC/DC opened their tour in my town a number of years ago, 2000 or so. Chuch Megee apparently worked for them when he wasn't with the Stones as he was the go-to-guy while they rehearsed. I had friends who were part of the local crew who told me usually when you see hard rock acts w/ amps and speaker boxes stacked thirty feet high and the width of the stage they are mostly empty and there for show. Not so AC/DC. They were all real and they were all plugged in. Loudest thing I've ever heard.

Date: March 6, 2008 11:23

great news. yes i'm also hearing this is the end for them

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 6, 2008 16:52

Didn't they just sign a big contract with Sony and that's why they've not been wantin to fulfill their Atlantic/EastWest deal? If this is the end, how many albums do they owe Sony now?

Date: March 6, 2008 17:23

Oh I dunno about that deal. All I've read is that they've got a huge bunch of songs and that this is their last go around live. I think people tend to forget that, although they don't sell the amount of records they used to, they still move a good few amounts of copies and draw gigantic crowds on their tours.

Sounds kind of familiar eh? That last part anyway. Except AC/DC actually play songs from their new album when they tour it, unlike some other band.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 7, 2008 05:18

skipstone
Sounds kind of familiar eh? That last part anyway. Except AC/DC actually play songs from their new album when they tour it, unlike some other band.
Usually 2 songs, sometimes three, just like you know who.

Date: March 7, 2008 06:02

Oh. I've been under the impression that they plug more than 2 or 3 on new tours.

Ha ha.

Like someone I know.

HA HA! HA HA HA HA HA!

Date: March 7, 2008 06:33

BluzDude
skipstone

thats not true. ac/dc plays about 4-5 songs a night from a new album

Date: March 7, 2008 08:43

keefriffhard4life
BluzDude
skipstone

thats not true. ac/dc plays about 4-5 songs a night from a new album

Gee, I've seen them about 25 times and I would like to see a setlist posted where they did that.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: March 7, 2008 09:01

AC/DC NEVER play more than 2 or 3 songs from a new album - at least every tour Ive seen em on since Fly on the wall in 85

Date: March 7, 2008 09:04

letitloose
AC/DC NEVER play more than 2 or 3 songs from a new album - at least every tour Ive seen em on since Fly on the wall in 85

Ditto!

Date: March 7, 2008 09:31

letitloose

razors edge tour 90/91-title track, moneytalks, thunderstruck, are you ready?, fire your guns were played live at almost every show

ballbreaker tour95/96-hard as a rock, title track, boogie man, hail caesar,cover you in oil were all played live numerous times with the possibility of 2 more tracks from ballbreaker being player

Posted by: Matti ()
Date: March 7, 2008 15:26

On Stiff upper lip tour it was 1-2 new songs.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 7, 2008 16:11

So what about that record deal? I believe it was on here that I read they'd signed a new deal with Sony....anyone know? They put on a helluva show would be sad if they finally call it quits, but understandable. Now, of all the bands that are out there or have ever been I do believe that AC/DC is the ONLY who has never ever strayed from their sound/style/thing to try to stay current with the times. They positively do their own thing and don't a sh-- what the industry's doing. You gotta respect a band like that. They've been one of my faves for almost 20 years now!!!!

Date: March 7, 2008 19:22

skipstone
although they don't sell the amount of records they used to

Ouch, with Back in Black only in States you know... They still sell lots of records, as Led Zep for example...

Date: March 7, 2008 19:38

No. The new records. The new records sell well - enough - but not into the multi-millions.

Date: March 7, 2008 19:43

The next one will, for sure cool smiley

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: March 7, 2008 21:04

keefriffhard4life
letitloose

razors edge tour 90/91-title track, moneytalks, thunderstruck, are you ready?, fire your guns were played live at almost every show

ballbreaker tour95/96-hard as a rock, title track, boogie man, hail caesar,cover you in oil were all played live numerous times with the possibility of 2 more tracks from ballbreaker being player

Sorry, but I dont think ACDC ever played 5 songs from razors edge at any gig. I'm sure they never did more than 3 at any show, tho I agree all these songs were played live on that tour.

Likewise with Ballbreaker, I would wager they never did more than a couple in any show, and I dont think they ever played Cover you in oil.

Anyway, I am prepared to stand corrected if you can demonstrate. Plus AC/DC fans should stick together! Bring on the album and tour!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-07 21:07 by letitloose.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 7, 2008 21:23

Bring it on, is right!
These guys blew me away in Toronto warming up the crowd for The Stones at the SARS show. The only time I've seen them live. I can't wait...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 7, 2008 21:32

They play virtually all warhorses these days; but I don't think their fans care, and I am sure that the band doesn't care. That's one of the things that I like about AC/DC; just do what they do best, no excuses, no explanations. The other thing I like is the second best rhythm section in the history of rock (second only to Charlie, Bill and Keith)

Date: March 8, 2008 01:51

letitloose
keefriffhard4life
letitloose

Sorry, but I dont think ACDC ever played 5 songs from razors edge at any gig. I'm sure they never did more than 3 at any show, tho I agree all these songs were played live on that tour.

Likewise with Ballbreaker, I would wager they never did more than a couple in any show, and I dont think they ever played Cover you in oil.

Anyway, I am prepared to stand corrected if you can demonstrate. Plus AC/DC fans should stick together! Bring on the album and tour!!

the no bull dvd from spain on the ballbreaker tour they play 4 songs from ballbreaker. cover you in oil was played only 2 times i think. 1 time on the razors edge tour they played all 5 songs mentioned.

i thought though you were saying they only play 2-3 songs total from the new albums so that was my mistake anyways. yes we should stick together. we need a new ac/dc album

Date: March 8, 2008 09:17

From an interview with Angus about 20 plus years ago.

Reporter, "You have 11 albums that all sound alike".

Angus angrily replies, "No we don't have 11 albums that sound alike, we have 12 albums that all sound exactly alike!"

Long live AC/DC!

Date: March 8, 2008 19:32

it's confirmed, the band is in studio

grinning smiley>grinning smiley<

[www.highwaytoacdc.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home