Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Richards says Jagger is "Vain" in latest interview
Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: February 28, 2008 05:34

I didnt see this posted but if it already has I apologize. A friend just emailed me this. Interesting. I dont like to see this but I guess this is what our boys do.

[www.breitbart.com]

Re: Richards says Jagger is "Vain" in latest interview
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 28, 2008 05:40

Jagger? He's so vain, he probably thinks this thread is about him.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: February 28, 2008 05:47

<I guess this is what our boys do.>

No, only Keith does this.
You wouldn't hear the other boys talking crap about each other or dissing Zep like that.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 28, 2008 06:05

nellcote'71
<I guess this is what our boys do.>

No, only Keith does this.
You wouldn't hear the other boys talking crap about each other or dissing Zep like that.

Yeah, Keith seems to get crankier as he gets older. So do a lot of people, I suppose, and then again it's not like he never made remarks like this in his youth. Somehow he seems more mean-spirited now, though. He's always been jealous of Zeppelin's success. Jagger too, for that matter. I'd like to see either of them make a new album as good from start to finish as the one Plant just did with Alison Krauss.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: February 28, 2008 06:53

Do you think this kinda stuff pisses off Jagger and maybe hurts a chance for a future tour? Or I'm reading to much into this?

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:06

I think Keith likes to say all sorts of inflammatory things on a semi-regular basis and he gets a s-load of publicity every time he says something like this. Just feeding into the myth and reputation. I mean, the recent Winehouse quote is another example. Or, (wishful thinking), he's setting up for another little solo project...

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: February 28, 2008 10:15

"Richards was also asked what message he would want to send to his younger self, to which he responded: "I'd have said 'Lay off the dope.'"

And his younger self might just have pushed his older self off a shrub for making the remark...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 28, 2008 10:24

It's just another example of Keith talks bollocks for the magazines.
He just can't help it.
It's mostly mischief and devilment...and whilst ever folks continue to ooh and aaah about what Keith says...Keith will keep saying it ;^)

Keith of course, in his way, is just as vain as Mick...would we really want either of them any other way ?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2008 11:12

nothing like reading the whole interview before making judgements, huh ...
CindyC gallantly posted a longer excerpt from the interview in another thread: [www.iorr.org]
i gather the issue of Uncut it's in comes out today, at least in the UK.

meanwhile ... what is it that people think the interviewer was after asking Keith
about the Led Zeppelin concert and/or drugs and/or Jagger's performance in Shine a Light?
the cat has always had a mouth on him - "we are not worried about petty morals".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-28 11:28 by with sssoul.

Date: February 28, 2008 11:15

<I'd like to see either of them make a new album as good from start to finish as the one Plant just did with Alison Krauss.>

Well, IMO the album starts promosing, but to be honest I've had a hard time spinning it more than two times from start to finish. Boring, but beautiful sound and musicianship. And Fortune Teller? Used up...

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 28, 2008 11:44

Jagger's a vain control/power freak.... gee, no shit Keith, tell me something I don't already know....

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:12

"We want a vain bloke up there, don't we?" smiling smiley

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 28, 2008 13:41

"In the interview, he also belittled Led Zeppelin's December one-off reunion gig, telling Uncut: "They had one? Well, well done Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant). F**k off. Stairway To Heaven don't make it for me, baby."

Sad comment. Zep's reunion was the biggest rock event from last year and Keith pretends not to have heard from it? "F**k off"? Come on!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 28, 2008 13:51

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 28, 2008 13:51

Keith has stated in many interviews from the 70's and 80's that he can't stand Led Zep. He loves Jimmy Page but he can't stand the band. So nothing new here.

Mathijs

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: February 28, 2008 14:23

Love Keith, and always have and always will, but he sure does seem to get more and more mean spirited as he goes along--where a lot of these comments seemed funny long ago, now they just come across as nasty.

Maybe he should start doing interviews when he's not drunk ?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 28, 2008 14:50

HelterSkelter
Jagger's a vain control/power freak.... gee, no shit Keith, tell me something I don't already know....

Exactly right, HS. And, don't forget, Charlie don't surf.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 28, 2008 15:35

I love Keith but he´s an @#$%&

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 28, 2008 15:47

In a 1969 interview, for the NME I believe, he said he liked the first LZ album and that page is a great guitarist, but that the singing got grating.

Re: we WANT a vain bloke up there, don't we
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2008 15:58

>> mean-spirited <<

smile: just curious - do folks ever worry about their own readiness to form judgements
on the basis of misleading headlines & mini-blurbs from "news" agencies
whose whole specialty is taking things out of context and blowing them out of proportion?
this particular mini-blurb is not a world-shaking issue, of course,
but the ease with which trash media manipulates people is scary.

meanwhile, i'd be cranky too if ... hey wait a minute, i AM cranky, no "if" about it smoking smiley
anyone read the whole interview yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-28 16:32 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: February 28, 2008 16:34

<<In a 1969 interview, for the NME I believe, he said he liked the first LZ album and that page is a great guitarist, but that the singing got grating.>>

Yes it is. NME Dec 6 1969. Headline is: 'Keith Richard on Mick, Beatles, Led, Faith, Tull, Gees'

His comments on Zep:

'I played their album quite a few times when I first got it, but then the guy's voice started to get on my nerves. I don't know why; maybe he's a little too acrobatic. But Jimmy Page is a great guitar player.'

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 28, 2008 16:38

That first album proved to be an inspiration via Glyn Johns for the backwards echo heard on You Got the Silver. smoking smiley

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 28, 2008 17:20

Someboby please post it?? Before i do!winking smiley you know it is still not in the shops here in the lowlands

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: February 28, 2008 17:37

Mathijs
Keith has stated in many interviews from the 70's and 80's that he can't stand Led Zep. He loves Jimmy Page but he can't stand the band. So nothing new here.

Mathijs

Poor Pagey - Pete Townshend says much the same thing. It must be rough to have "friends" who rubbish your life's work!

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 28, 2008 17:49

I think Keith should focus on re-learning how to play the guitar again, instead of dissing everyone, he's an embarrasment as has been for a LONG time.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 28, 2008 17:55

truth hurts.. Keith speaks his mind...ha...open book.. Jagger is vain....
and he NEVER liked led zep! Plus we didn't get to hear or see his full interview!
i like to hear it all before making any judgements... but if you ask Keith, he will tell it as he see's it.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 28, 2008 18:04

In the seventies Jagger said''i dont like Zep i cant dance to it''

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 28, 2008 18:09

Ah, I bet he had a smile on his face the entire time. He's just getting press. Pretty much nothing new, what he thinks of Mick, how he gets up in the morning.

Yeah, pretty fu*cking impossible to NOT know Led Zep did a one-off last year.

See, the problem might be, he heard it, heard how good Jimmy Page is still playing, and probably realised...that Ronnie is better than he is now and that he's too drunk to really carry it anymore too much and that he needs to lay off, stop playing the same little lick in every song, do something different for once, and actually play an entire song.

Well, Mick is vain. Really? He seems to be over the Peter Pan shit. At least Mick isn't drunk and bitter - with a ton of money to boot.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 28, 2008 18:13

Posted by: Judas72 ()
Date: February 28, 2008 18:45

My hunch is that this is nothing but devilment by Keith. It was said to promote the film after all and didn't exactly come out of nowhere.
As for the blasphemous comments made about Keith's abilities and state of mind - I hope He strikes you down with mighty vengence and your souls rot in Swindon!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home