Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Richards says Jagger is "Vain" in latest interview
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 28, 2008 18:49

how true!!

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: February 28, 2008 19:04

Anybody has the whole interview?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 28, 2008 19:24

Jagger, as a successful "powerfreak" and "vain" performer, can be measured
in the $Million$ the Stones have made since the early '70s.

Had it not been for Jagger steering the ship, the Stones may have
suffered the same fate as Led Zeppelin....a great band that had to
wrap things up 30 yrs prematurely due to a bandmember's death.

I know we all love to think of Mick and Keith as "brothers"....but realistically,
their relationship has probably been little more than a business arrangement since
the mid '80s (no reason to slaughter the "Cash Cow" ).

When I see Keith making comments like this...I just think it's typical
Keith trying to make a shocking statement to the press (like snorting his dad or
feuding with elton john). I doubt that Mick cares. Mick knows that a MJ solo tour is MUCH LESS LUCRATIVE than when the ol' pirate is standing behind him.

OK..I know I'm sounding a bit cynical.....
Strange thing is.....no matter what the band's "family dynamics" are....we
still love'em.

Maybe Keith is still insecure about his ears.

Maybe they do relate like brothers...not all brothers get along with each other.

Reading this story is like reading a story about Amy Winehouse's drug
problem.....nothing new.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-28 19:25 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 28, 2008 22:12

Keith is taking advantage of the fact that he can bad mouth Mick all he wants because Mick purposely ignores it and more importantly--doesn't respond or retaliate to any of Keith's comments.

I love Keith but I give him the skunk eye when I read quotes like this from him. Hasn't he already had his time to make snide remarks during the whole "Sir Mick" thing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-28 22:17 by Justin.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: February 28, 2008 23:04

From the article:

"In the interview, (Keith) also belittled Led Zeppelin's December one-off reunion gig, telling Uncut: "They had one? Well, well done Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant). F**k off. Stairway To Heaven don't make it for me, baby.""

I (and Keith!) think The Stones are far better than Led Zeppelin, and perhaps most people disagree with this. So I can understand Keith here. But Stairway To Heaven is still a fantastic song, Keith shouldn't belittle it. In general, one should avoid belittling other people.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 28, 2008 23:12

How would reading the whole interview change the fact that Keith called Jagger vain or slagged off Led Zeppelin? Isn't that the part that people are commenting on?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 28, 2008 23:17

Keith's comments like these usually precede a tour announcement, CD or DVD release, or something like... a movie release, be it a Stones film or a Disney pirate movie. It's all relatively unimportant patter, likely part of the PR machine. All the power to him though.

[thepowergoats.com]

Re: all my dog's in vain
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2008 23:51

>> How would reading the whole interview change ... <<

sure - reading whole articles before making judgements is old-fashioned, i know.
it's not like there might be any context to the statements, or any particular focus in the interview
like for example "riffs & rifts: the Glimmer Twins' ongoing friction" ...

what i've read so far is not slagging Mick - the part of the quote that's not in the headline says:
"we want a vain bloke up there, don’t we?" (it's also old-fashioned to read more than the headline, i know!);
and if it's somehow become non-PC to say "song X doesn't do it for me"
and/or to express disinterest in LZ reunions ... why did they ask him about that?

but i'll wait until i can read the whole interview [turning up Stupid Girl way loud ... again]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-28 23:57 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 29, 2008 00:00

Mick Jagger vain?
How long before someone suggests that the Pope might be Catholic?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 29, 2008 00:02

I guess I will always laugh at Keith.

Maybe one day he'll say something, I dunno, NEW.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 29, 2008 00:08

Keith trying to be too cool sometimes but he is not. The best about Keith was always to me that he ignored everything else and do great music. But now he's trying to improve himself how coll he is - Hey i'm Keith i even didn't hear about Zep's reunion gig. Come On everybody heard about it !!! especially when you're in music business.

Keith be yourself, get winos together !!! please no more interviews !!!

Date: February 29, 2008 00:13

Poor Keith. He's not been 'all there' for a while now.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 29, 2008 00:31

Just read the whole thing.
As you might suspect...and as with sssoul rightly pointed out...context does somewhat dilute the mischief making.
Keith actually alludes in the interview to the fun he has winding up the press with his stories and comments.
Sometimes I'd rather he did pack it in ...but that's Keith.
As usual, in between all the bollocks, there's also some really good insight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-29 00:32 by Spud.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:15

Yes, Mick is a control freak. But without his control the Stones would have long ceased to exist so hats off to that motherfuc_er. It may be just me, but I have perceived Keith to be more vain and arrogant than Jagger especailly in the last decade.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:24

dont see why people like zeppelin over the stones.

the stones have always been here, touring, recording or both.

zeppelin went awol for 25 years, how long did they actually last for, nowhere near the 46 years the stones have been going.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:32

It's not just you Bashlets.
I wish Keith stayed as cool as he was back in the first 25 years or so - when he wasn't trying to be cool.
He used to be elusive, a rare interview. Happy to stay in the background onstage and off, for the most part.
Now we've got the leg kicks, posing and all the cliches in every interview.
He's still the greatest, but he's nowhere near as cool as he used to be.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:36

Keith seems a bit out of place in his comments about Led Z, just cause he doesn't like their stuff is not a reason for them to @#$%& Off, as he so eloquently puts it.
lf they do tour probably L.Z will outsell the last Stones tour,Keith seems to be turning into somewhat of a bitter old man,and his slagging of Mick,imho is in poor taste...
But then again Keith is Keith..sad sad sad...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:45

It's nothing new for Keith to be slagging off on Mick. I don't find the remarks about Jagger to be surprizing at all. I've heard lots of comments from Keith about Mick in a similar vein over the years.

And as far as the remark about Zeppelin, as a couple of other people have stated, I've always been under the impression that Keith doesn't like Zeppelin, judging from lots of remarks that he's made over the years. I do think saying "f*ck off" was a bit mean but whatever....none of this is really anything new.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 29, 2008 02:16

Thrak, you nailed it!! Keith thinks he's COOL but isn't! In truth, he is a jealous, shriveled up guy who is jealous of Mick, STILL after 44 years together! And as someone else said, if not for Mick holding them all together and propping Keith up, NO ROLLING STONES! He is one lucky son of a gun to have Mick, and to be tolerated by Mick and the band, especially based on his most recent performances....and then there was that little bust in Toronto in 1977 that made it very difficult for the band in a lot of ways...must I go on? I hate the fact that I felt compelled to respond to that nonsense ( Keith's comments, not the post). Deep down I do love Keith, I see the small poor child who had a rough childhood, not a lot of luxury there, not much in his life to love except his music. I can empathize, too bad he's not more charitable where Mick, the cash cow, is concerned!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 29, 2008 02:27

amazing how some folks go overboard...

..with such accurate knowledge of what Keith actually said and what a part of an entertainment article states^^

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 29, 2008 02:27

You know Keith should keep his f**kin mouth shut and do what he supposed to do and play guitar. He taught me everything I know about playing rythym but I don't need his snide off key remarks. For f**ks sake Jagger carried him in the seventies and carries him now in the noughties. The guy is an ungrateful @#$%&.

I still think he's the greatest though, despite his bitterness about his bro.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 29, 2008 02:28

Keith has always slagged Mick but has become much more vicious over the last 20 years. Do you hear Jagger slag Keith over the fact that Keith's voice sounds like crap now compared to say 1972 when he could reach those high harmony notes? No, but if Jagger did it would be accurate. Keith buys his own myth as much as we do.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 29, 2008 02:46

Bashlets
Keith has always slagged Mick but has become much more vicious over the last 20 years. Do you hear Jagger slag Keith over the fact that Keith's voice sounds like crap now compared to say 1972 when he could reach those high harmony notes? No, but if Jagger did it would be accurate. Keith buys his own myth as much as we do.

l have never read anywhere where Mick has spoken bad or down about Keith or any other band member(yes including Brian),and my god he has had every reason to do so,Keith has put the Rolling Stones in jeopardy a million times,yet Mick has kept his mouth shut,and probably if he had something to say to Keith he would do it privately,not in the papers,Keith really seems like an azzhole, l mean has he listened to hisown playing on most of the shows from the last tour?,pitifull, yet Mick has stood by him, IMHO Keith seems pathetic and he is not growing old gratefully,Pity what he has become...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 29, 2008 03:03

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: February 29, 2008 03:32

I have to say: I do like Zep, but I skip Stairway everytime it comes on.

josh.
np: coming up - pm

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 29, 2008 03:41

of course mick jagger is vain, so whats the point keith is trying to make, who didnt know that?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 29, 2008 04:20

When your loaded ($$$) and always loaded (alcohol), what difference does it make anymore?

None.

Keith is just...

Date: February 29, 2008 05:58

I'm a bit dismayed by Keith's display of Zep-envy.
He's trodding dangerously into Bitter Townshend territory.
As for Jagger, well come on, does it really matter what he says about him at this point?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: February 29, 2008 06:16

I asked for the whole article just of curiosity!! If there was anything new or just the same thing that has been written the last 30 years

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 29, 2008 09:01

"In the seventies Jagger said''i dont like Zep i cant dance to it''"

Exactly. Led Zeppelin doesn't swing!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home