Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine a Light soundtrack has unusual low price listing
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 25, 2008 14:59

Was just checking on Amazon.com and the single cd version of the upcoming album has a list price of only 13.98( this is not the same as Amazon's price). The double cd only has a list price of 19.98 and is on sale for like 15.99. Is Universal giving these albums lower list prices to move more copies because I know the listing for most single cds are like 18.99 but of course we can buy them for $14 at Best Buy. The horrid Live Licks has a list price of something like 29.98. What's this deal about?

Re: Shine a Light soundtrack has unusual low price listing
Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: February 25, 2008 15:21

Well record sales have gone down and down over the past many years, so they might try to get some albums sold by selling them at these prices.

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: February 25, 2008 15:34

I think that's the reason, svendborg. It's a shame, though.
Can't wait to buy the double album!

Date: February 25, 2008 16:47

I think that one of the main reasons that so many people have resorted to stealing and downloading lossy music is because of the ridiculous prices of CD's especially in malls where they charge $18.99 + for single disc CD's.Circuit City and Best Buy have more reasonable prices on CD's (probably because they mark most everything else they sell up - cables etc.).I can't imagine that the cost to produce a CD with the case and artwork is any higher than $4.50.If people sold them for $10.99 and didn't get so greedy,the recording industry might be in better shape right now.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: February 25, 2008 17:09

Lucky you who lives in the USA and can go and by cd`s at Best Buy to low prices . Here in Europe cd`s use to cost the double ! ( at least in Scandinavia ) ( Except maybe from Live Licks which is the same price at the moment ) And if you order fore ex. at the American Amazon . here , then comes the taxman ....Sad sad sad !

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: February 25, 2008 17:40

What's the release date for the CDs? Same as the movie, April 4?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 25, 2008 17:41

maybe the price is lower because of the upcoming dvd? just guessing -
but there are probably plenty of people who need encouragement to invest in both the CD and DVD
if you see what i mean (which i only just barely do so ... don't mind me!)

Date: February 25, 2008 17:42

>> What's the release date for the CDs? Same as the movie, April 4? <<

the Stones Vikings have graciously let us know that their sources say april 25th for the dvd
seems very early! but i'm not complaining

Date: February 25, 2008 17:43

I think that the release date for the CD's has been pushed back from March 26th to April 2nd (give or take a day or two depending on the country).

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 25, 2008 17:58

Best Buy prices - I bought the Drive-By Truckers A Blessing And A Curse the day it came out 2 years ago for $7. I know Best Buy calls those types of sales Loss leaders, hoping you will buy something else.

And now that BB is selling Apple products, I just might buy something else. But until I do, I'm sticking with just CDs and DVDs.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: February 25, 2008 17:58

ComeOn
Lucky you who lives in the USA and can go and by cd`s at Best Buy to low prices . Here in Europe cd`s use to cost the double ! ( at least in Scandinavia )

Hence the internet - you can order from e.g. play.com where the double CD is listed as pre-order for Euro 13,99.....no extra tax and the shipping is free. Maybe you can have it even cheaper if you shop around a bit but I've used play.com for a long time and they are reliable.

Incidentially they have listed the release date as 7th. of April 2008.winking smiley

Date: February 25, 2008 18:06

hmp - play.com must be great for countries it recognizes as existing!
it still thinks my country is uninhabited by credit cards. grr

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: February 27, 2008 00:09

Well this is from play.com

Shine A Light (2CD)
The Rolling Stones

(Not yet rated) | Write a review »

£8.95 Free Delivery
Pre-order. | Due for release on 07/04/2008

Track List

Disc 1

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup (with Jack White III)
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer (With Buddy Guy)
Tumbling Dice
You Got the Silver
Connection
Disc 2

Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me (With Christina Aguilera)
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 27, 2008 00:14

Theif in the Night
I think that one of the main reasons that so many people have resorted to stealing and downloading lossy music is because of the ridiculous prices of CD's especially in malls where they charge $18.99 + for single disc CD's.Circuit City and Best Buy have more reasonable prices on CD's (probably because they mark most everything else they sell up - cables etc.).I can't imagine that the cost to produce a CD with the case and artwork is any higher than $4.50.If people sold them for $10.99 and didn't get so greedy,the recording industry might be in better shape right now.

word!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home