Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones and Satan
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:38

Accidentally I bumped into this

RS & Satanism

that made me remeber of this booklet distributed befor a German concert

I find these things funny as hell (well, so to say ... )!!!

Like people raving about hidden messages in LPs etc.

Any more of this crap?

C

Re: Stones and Satan
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:42

The back rooms of hell are lined with these kinda slogans.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:48

OH MY WHAT AN UTTER LOAD OF CRAP!!!!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:57

Devil who?

C

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: February 15, 2008 14:44

Should he laugh at you, just laugh back...

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: February 15, 2008 15:38

"You sold your soul to the Devil"? "Well, I wasn't using it for nothing"

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: February 15, 2008 16:31

As say a belgian-french humourist (Raymond Devos) :

I have been to the devil to sell him my soul...
He replied to me : "why should I pay for something I will get for free at the end ?"

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 17:46

Yes, well . . .
Sympathy For The Devil (supposedly NOT for the devil, but warning about humanities' complacency?)

Dancing With Mr/Mrs D (make your own mind up!)

Goats Head Soup . . .

Their Satanic Majesties . . .

The Blues in general . . .

If you play with things you don't understand, then you must face the consequences . . . Altamont, Brian, Anita etc.

Worryingly Mick Jagger has gone on record as saying he doesn't believe in a single God or religion . . . don't know about the rest of the Stones . . .

I certainly think the swearing in some of their records is unnecessary

Cheers

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 17:54

Jeezus... this sounds like the crap I hear from insane and uninformed evangelicals. Coming from that background I feel like I can say that - but I have been enlightened to the difference between truth and bullsh*t.

Date: February 15, 2008 19:18

Yes man can twist things . . . even Religion!

I certainly don't think it's crap believing in God, by the way I have been a Stones fan for 30 years . . . I just don't believe in everything they stand for . . .

Cheers

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:24

You think the swearing in some of their records is unnecessary? Sometimes it helps to get a point across. And some? Compared to what? Crap "music"? What, oh man, I think the ninnies should just stay in a closet and not have ANY art exposed to them AT ALL.

WHat a waste of f u c k i n' time.

Re: Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:39

>> The Blues in general <<

for crying in the dust: wtf is that supposed to mean?!
more like You Gotta Move, for example, or more like Prodigal Son?

[lighting the incense of Save Me From People Who Label Whole Species & Genres as Wicked
and turning up Preachin Blues way loud: you ain't never had 'em - hope you never will]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-15 19:39 by with sssoul.

Date: February 15, 2008 19:48

I just think GO(O)D is better than bad, anyway thanks for starting this thread, it sure gets you thinking . . .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:52

skl127
Yes man can twist things . . . even Religion!

I certainly don't think it's crap believing in God, by the way I have been a Stones fan for 30 years . . . I just don't believe in everything they stand for . . .

Cheers

I agree whole-heartedly. I am a Christian who loves the Stones - I don't agree with all the lyrics all the time though. Same as with any other artist.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:06

Look,
This was image. I mean, they certainly played it up and perhaps did dabble in certain aspects of it but at the end of the day, it's a show. It's for show. It was the times. I remember Jagger saying in interviews in the early 70s that he believes in God etc....

I mean, Mick started being a gay comedy act after the 69 tour.

Date: February 15, 2008 20:19

Good post, Cafaro.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:24

well, I'm so relieved... God is safe from those all-powerful bluesmen and rock and rollers--they don't mean it after all!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:32

skl127
Worryingly Mick Jagger has gone on record as saying he doesn't believe in a single God or religion . . . don't know about the rest of the Stones . . .

And yet he has had all his children christened in Christian churches ( not sure about the little one, but certainly Jade and the Hall offspring ). Don't believe all the hype!

Date: February 15, 2008 20:34

Thanks for all the different points of view

Never expected such a flurry of activity on this subject, Religion can certainly be a hornets nest! My final word is that I have loved the Stones for 30 plus years and I think that this board is great, I am not 'pontificating' - Elmo has got it right, though, in my opinion.

Cheers

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:41

Tourshirt from the next tour....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: February 15, 2008 20:41

skl127
I think that this board is great, I am not 'pontificating' - Elmo has got it right, though, in my opinion.

you mean about the Stones, or about Christianity?... b/c it's already clear you agree about the latter (at least up to a point). And by claiming not to pontiff-icate, are you saying you're a Protestant?

(j/k)

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:52

Cafaro
I mean, Mick started being a gay comedy act after the 69 tour.

? HUH ?

Date: February 15, 2008 23:04

Elmo is pretty much right about everything! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: February 15, 2008 23:42

"I sold my sole to the Devil. It's a fixer-upper"

Date: February 15, 2008 23:47

C'mon, what kind of people would christians be if that Jesus dude wasn't made so famous? Just people - animals, as we all are anyway. Hell of a logo, as Keith puts it.

Posted by: Judas72 ()
Date: February 16, 2008 00:26

I personally couldn't give a crap whether The Stones believed in God or Satan as I don't believe in either!
If someone wants to put a point of view across then fine, as long as I don't find it offensive, I couldn't give a damn.
I understand that people are more religious than me and may be offended by The Stones' dabbling in the Satanic but, heck, if that is the case then I hope they have a good look at themselves and their beliefs first! Who of them can claim to "pure"?
It is my understanding that a good Christian helps out their enemy in times of peril and yet I see so many of these hypocrites far too ready to point fingers and hate. Far too many of these self-appointed upholders of Christ's law make a mockery of it to the point where I, a nonbeliever, think that I uphold more of Christ's teachings than they do!
Is this the way to go? I think not.
If anyone truly believes they could've made a better life for themselves than The Stones then by all means point fingers and criticise but I rather figure that none of us are as flawless as we would like to think and thus I think we should start with ourselves first and let The Stones (and their ilk) live their lives as they judge to be right.

Date: February 16, 2008 00:30

I, for one, don't pose as 'something' with that goddamn fish stuck on my automobile.

Date: February 16, 2008 01:25

Judas72
I personally couldn't give a crap whether The Stones believed in God or Satan as I don't believe in either!

well, what should we expect... Judas!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-16 01:50 by cc.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: February 16, 2008 01:47

I think it is crap of the crap an it`s very easy to say lets @#$%& all this satan stuff for ever...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 16, 2008 02:19

cc
Judas72

well, what should we expect... Judas!

The truth and nothing but the truth

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-16 02:24 by NICOS.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2352
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home