Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones and Satan
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:45

mickijaggeroo
Tourshirt from the next tour....

if you wanna wear it, think twice. some things are not good for making fun.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2008 06:21

You are all going to hell for liking The Rolling Stones - does anyone like Unknown Hinson? He is HILARIOUS! And that cartoon of his is even more deranged. Squidbillies!

Posted by: chavostone ()
Date: February 16, 2008 06:53

Just believe in rocknroll , send all that stuff to the shit , enjoy all of the songs and every good stuff you know , you just dont have to kill people or stuff like that , youre from god , budha , or whatever , for me , theyre the same , you know , you dont have to be saints , you just have to be cool guys and get a good matter with everyone , why would you be afraid of satan??
cmon! lets rock!

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: February 16, 2008 10:38

"Let's take a trip down Route 666"??

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 16, 2008 18:12

alimente
mickijaggeroo
Tourshirt from the next tour....

if you wanna wear it, think twice. some things are not good for making fun.

Yeah, and some people canĀ“t take a joke...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 16, 2008 18:47

does anyone like Unknown Hinson? He is HILARIOUS!

Yeah, I know Unknown. Funny stuff! Check him out y'all.

[i87.photobucket.com]

[www.unknownhinson.com]

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-16 18:49 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 17, 2008 07:54

Elmo, sweetheart, what would you say about the lyrics of Sway?

Also does anyone take all the lyrics seriously or do you look at them as somewhat tongue in cheeck on occasion?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2008 08:26

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 17, 2008 11:21

>I certainly think the swearing in some of their records is unnecessary

I'm curious as to what you're referring to here, as there's not much swearing on Stones records. OH "She's So Cold" I'll bet, the GD word. Remember the censored promo single of that for radio stations? It literally said on the label "Goddamn-less version" (or something like that). It was such a sloppy edit it sounded like someone bumped into the turntable. Hilarious, really.

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: February 17, 2008 16:28

I'm curious as to what you're referring to here, as there's not much swearing on Stones records. OH "She's So Cold" I'll bet, the GD word. Remember the censored promo single of that for radio stations? It literally said on the label "Goddamn-less version" (or something like that). It was such a sloppy edit it sounded like someone bumped into the turntable. Hilarious, really.

Like it had been treated with Vaseline!

Well there's . . .
Had It With You
Some Girls
I Go Wild
Star Star etc. etc.

The Stones really don't need to use these profanities (as Sir Cliff Richard pointed out on a children's Saturday programme in 1978 - Some Girls)

They really don't . . .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 17, 2008 16:31

angee
Elmo, sweetheart, what would you say about the lyrics of Sway?

Also does anyone take all the lyrics seriously or do you look at them as somewhat tongue in cheeck on occasion?

1. Very interesting - I have fallen under that sway many times (drugs, drinking, sex, etc.). I'm a long way from perfect.

2. Often tongue in cheek (or other places)!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: February 17, 2008 17:04

chavostone
Just believe in rocknroll , send all that stuff to the shit , enjoy all of the songs and every good stuff you know , you just dont have to kill people or stuff like that , youre from god , budha , or whatever , for me , theyre the same , you know , you dont have to be saints , you just have to be cool guys and get a good matter with everyone , why would you be afraid of satan??
cmon! lets rock!

Yeah, basically I agree with you, but unfortunately it's not always that easy.
I personally don't believe in God as an active being, but I respect when people do when they feel they need it.
Anyway, unfortunately so many wars have been fought in our history, and still are fought today, in the name of people's Lord, may it be God, Allah, Buddha, or any other and you have to face that you can't be all rock'n'roll as long as this continues and as long as people are willing to kill people for their religion. You can't just tell them to stop, cause they won't listen, because they are convinced of their faith and that it is what they have to do not to end up in hell.
And I think that's one of the factors that contibute to why some people even take lyrics of a simple rock'n'roll song so serious, too serious sometimes and can't just enjoy the music. They might feel personally offended, you know. They don't feel like "sending all that stuff to shit" and even If they do they then probably are too afraid that their God will punish them and refuse them to enter heaven and they'd have to sell their soul to the devil. So much has happened in the name of Lord, it's only resonable that, concerning the topic religion etc., it's not "Let's rock!" for everybody.

Well, this is just my humble personal opinion, of course, and I myself don't give a shit on whether the Stones believe in God or any religion or not, cause everyone should be allowed to think and believe what they want to.
And I don't have any problem with their lyrics, just to having said that. smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home