Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and Satan
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:38

Accidentally I bumped into this

RS & Satanism

that made me remeber of this booklet distributed befor a German concert

I find these things funny as hell (well, so to say ... )!!!

Like people raving about hidden messages in LPs etc.

Any more of this crap?

C

Re: Stones and Satan
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:42

The back rooms of hell are lined with these kinda slogans.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:48

OH MY WHAT AN UTTER LOAD OF CRAP!!!!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:57

Devil who?

C

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: February 15, 2008 14:44

Should he laugh at you, just laugh back...

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: February 15, 2008 15:38

"You sold your soul to the Devil"? "Well, I wasn't using it for nothing"

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: February 15, 2008 16:31

As say a belgian-french humourist (Raymond Devos) :

I have been to the devil to sell him my soul...
He replied to me : "why should I pay for something I will get for free at the end ?"

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 17:46

Yes, well . . .
Sympathy For The Devil (supposedly NOT for the devil, but warning about humanities' complacency?)

Dancing With Mr/Mrs D (make your own mind up!)

Goats Head Soup . . .

Their Satanic Majesties . . .

The Blues in general . . .

If you play with things you don't understand, then you must face the consequences . . . Altamont, Brian, Anita etc.

Worryingly Mick Jagger has gone on record as saying he doesn't believe in a single God or religion . . . don't know about the rest of the Stones . . .

I certainly think the swearing in some of their records is unnecessary

Cheers

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 17:54

Jeezus... this sounds like the crap I hear from insane and uninformed evangelicals. Coming from that background I feel like I can say that - but I have been enlightened to the difference between truth and bullsh*t.

Date: February 15, 2008 19:18

Yes man can twist things . . . even Religion!

I certainly don't think it's crap believing in God, by the way I have been a Stones fan for 30 years . . . I just don't believe in everything they stand for . . .

Cheers

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:24

You think the swearing in some of their records is unnecessary? Sometimes it helps to get a point across. And some? Compared to what? Crap "music"? What, oh man, I think the ninnies should just stay in a closet and not have ANY art exposed to them AT ALL.

WHat a waste of f u c k i n' time.

Re: Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:39

>> The Blues in general <<

for crying in the dust: wtf is that supposed to mean?!
more like You Gotta Move, for example, or more like Prodigal Son?

[lighting the incense of Save Me From People Who Label Whole Species & Genres as Wicked
and turning up Preachin Blues way loud: you ain't never had 'em - hope you never will]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-15 19:39 by with sssoul.

Date: February 15, 2008 19:48

I just think GO(O)D is better than bad, anyway thanks for starting this thread, it sure gets you thinking . . .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:52

skl127
Yes man can twist things . . . even Religion!

I certainly don't think it's crap believing in God, by the way I have been a Stones fan for 30 years . . . I just don't believe in everything they stand for . . .

Cheers

I agree whole-heartedly. I am a Christian who loves the Stones - I don't agree with all the lyrics all the time though. Same as with any other artist.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:06

Look,
This was image. I mean, they certainly played it up and perhaps did dabble in certain aspects of it but at the end of the day, it's a show. It's for show. It was the times. I remember Jagger saying in interviews in the early 70s that he believes in God etc....

I mean, Mick started being a gay comedy act after the 69 tour.

Date: February 15, 2008 20:19

Good post, Cafaro.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:24

well, I'm so relieved... God is safe from those all-powerful bluesmen and rock and rollers--they don't mean it after all!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:32

skl127
Worryingly Mick Jagger has gone on record as saying he doesn't believe in a single God or religion . . . don't know about the rest of the Stones . . .

And yet he has had all his children christened in Christian churches ( not sure about the little one, but certainly Jade and the Hall offspring ). Don't believe all the hype!

Date: February 15, 2008 20:34

Thanks for all the different points of view

Never expected such a flurry of activity on this subject, Religion can certainly be a hornets nest! My final word is that I have loved the Stones for 30 plus years and I think that this board is great, I am not 'pontificating' - Elmo has got it right, though, in my opinion.

Cheers

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:41

Tourshirt from the next tour....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: February 15, 2008 20:41

skl127
I think that this board is great, I am not 'pontificating' - Elmo has got it right, though, in my opinion.

you mean about the Stones, or about Christianity?... b/c it's already clear you agree about the latter (at least up to a point). And by claiming not to pontiff-icate, are you saying you're a Protestant?

(j/k)

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:52

Cafaro
I mean, Mick started being a gay comedy act after the 69 tour.

? HUH ?

Date: February 15, 2008 23:04

Elmo is pretty much right about everything! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: February 15, 2008 23:42

"I sold my sole to the Devil. It's a fixer-upper"

Date: February 15, 2008 23:47

C'mon, what kind of people would christians be if that Jesus dude wasn't made so famous? Just people - animals, as we all are anyway. Hell of a logo, as Keith puts it.

Posted by: Judas72 ()
Date: February 16, 2008 00:26

I personally couldn't give a crap whether The Stones believed in God or Satan as I don't believe in either!
If someone wants to put a point of view across then fine, as long as I don't find it offensive, I couldn't give a damn.
I understand that people are more religious than me and may be offended by The Stones' dabbling in the Satanic but, heck, if that is the case then I hope they have a good look at themselves and their beliefs first! Who of them can claim to "pure"?
It is my understanding that a good Christian helps out their enemy in times of peril and yet I see so many of these hypocrites far too ready to point fingers and hate. Far too many of these self-appointed upholders of Christ's law make a mockery of it to the point where I, a nonbeliever, think that I uphold more of Christ's teachings than they do!
Is this the way to go? I think not.
If anyone truly believes they could've made a better life for themselves than The Stones then by all means point fingers and criticise but I rather figure that none of us are as flawless as we would like to think and thus I think we should start with ourselves first and let The Stones (and their ilk) live their lives as they judge to be right.

Date: February 16, 2008 00:30

I, for one, don't pose as 'something' with that goddamn fish stuck on my automobile.

Date: February 16, 2008 01:25

Judas72
I personally couldn't give a crap whether The Stones believed in God or Satan as I don't believe in either!

well, what should we expect... Judas!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-16 01:50 by cc.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: February 16, 2008 01:47

I think it is crap of the crap an it`s very easy to say lets @#$%& all this satan stuff for ever...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 16, 2008 02:19

cc
Judas72

well, what should we expect... Judas!

The truth and nothing but the truth

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-16 02:24 by NICOS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home