Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: do Stones or ex Stones members read this board?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 22, 2008 14:30

tomremi
Okay, you got me.. I'm Keith Richards

LOL!!!!!
grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: January 22, 2008 15:52

can't see them looking at this site. WHy not one of the thousands of others. I'm sure all all the stones have better things to do than look at web forums.

They could quite as easliy pick any one of the thousands of others anyway, sure this one is quite well known, but it doesn't mean the stones know anything about it.

I think if the stones camp even looked at this site then the buy sell trade section would have been gone long ago

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 22, 2008 16:19

well,if they do I wish they would tell Page to quit being such a greedy old poof and ruining his relationship w/his fans!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 22, 2008 16:33

sherer
I think if the stones camp even looked at this site then the buy sell trade section would have been gone long ago

I'm not quite sure about it. I have a feeling that there is some kind wordless policy how they deal with 'die hard fans' and the other fans (the big audience): The Stones don't mind what the die-hards are doing (sharing the bootlegs, etc.), but the price is that they don't care for them (consider their opinions, wishes, etc.) either when they are planning the tours, the set lists, the releases. All those are done to satisfy the needs of non-die hard listeners, the casual people who might attend the concerts, buy the records, etc. So the die-hards are ignored in both ways. The positive thing that we can do almost anything we want, but negative is that we are not taken seriously.

If we leave the possible (pervert) curiosity factor aside, I think it is reasonable for The Stones to ignore sites like ours, because concerning the business like theirs, people like us are not really important. The real money and audience is somewhere else. I guess they would laugh their assses off if they would know how seriously some of us take them and their doings... Perhaps they have agood reason to think us like freaks (but I guess it does a nice job for their egos to know that there are people like us... )

- Doxa

Posted by: keefan4ever ()
Date: January 22, 2008 17:00

Gazza
Keith and Charlie were asked similar questions and both expressed absolutely zero interest.

not surprising AT ALL ...

i have many many MANY friends who have zero interest in computers also, most of them are older yaaa (late 40's and up), but not all

i usually only turn this thing on at work, my computer at home i mainly just use for banking and shopping and the only msg boards i vist are stones ones only got into that a few years ago and frankly some of you people out here in the internet world scare the shit out of me

LOL

Date: January 22, 2008 17:02

tomremi
Okay, you got me.. I'm Keith Richards

No, i'm keith richards!!!

will the real keith richards please stand up...

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 22, 2008 17:13

NO WAY they are visitors at boards like this one. Even if I have to admit that the atmosphere here is much better during off-tour-season.

Butafter every show reading posts from a lots of amateurs who (think they) know exactly how to run a rock’n roll-band can’t be too exciting.
And if they should want to read set list-whining, Keith’s guitar playing-whining etc because they really are interested, their self-confidence would reduce to a very low level.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 22, 2008 17:36

If Brian Jones can dictate his autobiography from the grave, then he'd better damn well read IORR.

Date: January 22, 2008 17:42

ya another reason they wouldnt read these boards is the exact same reason most actors do not read film reviews and dailies... it can be very depressing ... but i think the real reason is because they really do not and never have cared what people think of them

i think they all find it utterly amazing and also pretty amusing that people still want to see them after all these years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-22 17:43 by keefan4ever.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: January 22, 2008 17:56

Chuck certainly does occasionally. And I'm quite sure our discussions concerning the setlist and several wish lists before tours had at least a little impact on the songs they rehearsed later. Otherwise gems like CYHMK and Sway would probably have never seen the light of the day again.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 22, 2008 18:15

Yes we surf the internet, watch tv, open the refrigerator, eat snacks, read the newspaper, pay bills, change our underwear, etc...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 22, 2008 18:17

Of course!

Bjornulf

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 22, 2008 18:47

Not sure specifically this board but I can't see how Sway (a relatively obscure album track from 1971) would get played - for the first time! - 35 years after release without fan pressure. And that means either Mick or Chuck or both took notice!

Posted by: ride on baby ()
Date: January 22, 2008 18:57

I think that Mick surely do it, a little bit.
Keith is updated by daughters (seem that Alexandra has his myspace page).
Ronnie I'm not able to see him surfing the net, even to make more amusing thing smileys with beer.
Charlie, uhm, I think that is more interested in buy horses...
Perhaps Mick Taylor can do it, but when he isn't on tour (then often unfortunately).

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 22, 2008 19:03

well if chuck does he needs to quit thinking of himself as a stone(besides Mac can play rings around him) and you would think Mick could afford a better computer than that old piece of crap!

Date: January 22, 2008 19:25

ride on baby
seem that Alexandra has his myspace page

FYI - im pretty sure all those myspace pages (theo, alex, patti) are fakes, which one are you talking about can you post a link?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 22, 2008 19:35

... i don't know who runs it, but since the Stones and Ronnie have genuine myspace pages,
why wouldn't there be one for Keith as well? the new one looks pretty good.
i know myspace seems declasse to people, but ... well, so do a lot of things :E

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 22, 2008 19:35

If any of The Stones are reading this, you are invited to my place for a few beers. Small warning, I hope you like Rock N' Roll.

Date: January 22, 2008 19:38

Gazza
NumberOneStonesFan
You know...this thread gave me an idea... the next time the Stones, or any single Stone does one of those webcast interviews like they've done in the past (i.e. AOL), then that would be a great question to e-mail or phone in.
They (the interviewing team) typically take questions from fans and screen them before asking the Stones the question.

Already been done. In the AOL interview he did in early 1998, Mick was asked if he ever checked out the Stones message board (I think they primarily meant the BTB official one) and he said he occasionally had a quick look and found the spats funny.

Keith and Charlie were asked similar questions and both expressed absolutely zero interest.

Oh ok, I'm not surprised it was asked before... I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask the question 10 years later for an update, but probably the same answer.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: January 22, 2008 20:06

Some members of the backing band had to check boards like this one to get a better idea of their schedule last year, as the "official" Eur07 tour schedule was only given to them when they left for Europe.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 22, 2008 20:19

I recall Chuck Leavall saying that they checked the messageboards/forums after I believe the first show of the 2nd leg of the ABB show and were commenting on how all the fans were surprised by the new set list. I think Chuck and Mick go on the messageboards every once in a while just to get a sense of what's going on...more like research on their own band. I doubt they go on the forums consistently everyday and it's part of their day.

A lot of musicians and celebirities have myspace pages. But they are majority of the time run by their assistant and not them. Of course, it all depends on how computer literate the celebrities are. The only reason musicians and actors want to have a myspace page is that they make sure they are still seen and available to the younger generation who frequent myspace.com.

Date: January 22, 2008 21:49

with sssoul
... i don't know who runs it, but since the Stones and Ronnie have genuine myspace pages,

I have seen the official myspace for ronnie, and it is cool you do get updates on him there, but there are so many keith and mick pages how do you sort thru them all to find the official one??

again im about 99% sure the theo, alex, and patti myspace pages are all fakes... the theo one had/has alot of people fooled

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-22 21:49 by keefan4ever.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 22, 2008 21:53

A few months ago, I thought I had figured out who one of the "people onstage" was on here. Still think I may be right. Can't find that thread though.

Surely Chuck and Mick read through anyway - they're both computer-savvy.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 22, 2008 21:54

Hey Elmo.. Check van Zandt & the dixie dudes over at my new thread! Regards: BB

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 22, 2008 22:01

Just saw that. I'm going there now.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: January 22, 2008 22:04

with sssoul

ok ...myspace sucks...
26 pages of Mick, not one says official and 32 pages of Keith, same thing...

how in the world would anyone know what is real or genuine there and what is not??

the only contacts i have on there that i truly believe are real are people i actually know

lol

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 22, 2008 23:41

I think that there are probababably
more banned members
than band members
reading this.

It's all the same: completely BOARD
Don't bother trying to click below...
Click here to mark all messages red.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 23, 2008 00:07

More important issue to discuss is:

does James a.k.a Jimmy Phelge read this board?

Posted by: ride on baby ()
Date: January 23, 2008 16:32

keefan4ever
ride on baby
seem that Alexandra has his myspace page

FYI - im pretty sure all those myspace pages (theo, alex, patti) are fakes, which one are you talking about can you post a link?

Le voilà:

[profile.myspace.com]

Probably or surely it's a fake but well done, don't you?
grinning smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 26, 2008 19:29

If one of them did, they might post in such a way as to make you think it couldn't possbily be them. They might do this be giving you some false "biographical" information about themselves. Information that wouldn't jibe with someone who was born in 1943.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home