Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Joni Mitchell
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:30

I don't know if she got a face lift. I saw her last in October/Nov when she came over to my house and she looked as she always does great.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:49

Mr Jimmy
Jeez....

Here is another artist that I have no clue about, but I want to listen to her and get into the music. But where do I start??
i would start with ''Hejira'' or ''Court'' i love those..but they are all very good you cant go wrong

Posted by: peter ()
Date: January 22, 2008 08:29

I first saw & photographed Joni @ the Atlantic City Pop Festival on 8/1/69...she walked off the stage early in her set claiming to the crowd that she had just played the same verse twice...and no one noticed...the pop festival was not a good platform for someone as sensitive as she appears to be...I was fortunate enough to watch her perform & take photos @ "The Last Waltz" in SF 7 years later..one photo which appears in the book "She's a Rebel"....I love the current interview in MOJO by the way....peter

Date: January 22, 2008 08:33

Something like that happened on the ''Wight'' festival (1970) if i remember well

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: January 24, 2008 00:48

I think she is sheer class.
"God must be a boogieman" featuring John mc Laughlin is a
one my favourites ..

Date: January 26, 2008 16:05

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: January 26, 2008 20:18

She missed " Woodstock " to appear on da Dick Cavette show , but Jefferson Airplane & CSN & Y who both played @ Woodstock appeared on that same Dick Cavette show with her , she musta lost alot of sleep over that one .

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: January 26, 2008 21:26

rooster
Something like that happened on the ''Wight'' festival (1970) if i remember well

I think the story was that somebody invaded the stage and grapped the mic. He was then dragged of the stage by security, and the crowd started booing and continued doing so while Joni tried to carry on, which eventually lead her to yell 'will you listen a minute...'

Date: January 26, 2008 21:55

thanks foo the info sohoe wanna see it...i guess it is on you tubesmileys with beer

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: January 26, 2008 22:35

Yes it is, rooster. Check this:

Date: January 26, 2008 22:57

Thanks very muchsmileys with beer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 28, 2008 17:07

rooster
Mr Jimmy
Jeez....

Here is another artist that I have no clue about, but I want to listen to her and get into the music. But where do I start??
i would start with ''Hejira'' or ''Court'' i love those..but they are all very good you cant go wrong

You can also start with the "Hits" and "Misses" CDs. Ironically, it's the eccentrically compiled "Misses" that is the far better of the two CDs and a great place to start a Joni collection.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home