Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Saitama Vid w/DIVX codecs
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 23, 2008 00:23

I run this thru WMP 10 and w/divx codecs, and it's as good as anything on the official DVDs. Old news for most folks, but I'm happy that I managed to get that whole Saitama show saved on my PC.

It's truly a shame that the version of MR from this didn't make it to The Biggest Bang DVD set.

Now, at one time the vid was available on the Hot Stuff section of the boards. Not sure if it's still there.

However, if some of you DON'T have this complete 2006 Saitama show, I recommend you seek it out.

Notes: the vids are in AVI format, and I got them from this post last year [www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-23 00:34 by bassplayer617.

Re: The Saitama Vid w/DIVX codecs
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 27, 2008 01:59

I'm watching this show yet again, and what really stands out is the quality of the camerawork. Unlike some of the DVD footage, the transitions are smooth, and there are no annoying MTV-style herky jerky quick cuts. I suppose this is why it is so enjoyable to watch.

I have the video sliders set so it looks like film, rather than TV. It is truly a shame that this broadcast wasn't released straight to DVD.

Re: The Saitama Vid w/DIVX codecs
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 28, 2008 15:05

This show is much better than anything else you can buy from the Bigger Bang tour (you'd rather have a t-shirt?). What is amazing to me is that they took a few songs from the Saitama concert and then made them worse by re-editing, dubbing in different fan shots, etc. Crazy. Those shots of Mick and Keith on the ramp and catwalk are great. It feels like you are there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-28 15:06 by drbryant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home