Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

here's a new one: Welcome to Stage Set Collectibles
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 17, 2007 23:13

Welcome to Stage Set Collectibles

Stage Set Collectibles was formed in late 2006 by Jake Berry. Jake is one of the leading names in production for the rock and roll touring industry. Jake has been the Production Manager for bands such as the Rolling Stones, U2, Metallica, AC/DC, Tina Turner, Cher and many other internationally recognized artists.

The idea for SSC began over a decade ago with a casual discussion between Jake, his production assistant Lori Tierney and Flory Turner a stage carpenter. Lori and Flory were touring at the time with Jake on the Rolling Stones 'Voodoo Lounge' World Tour. The discussion centered on all the memorabilia that was available for rock acts from backstage passes and t-shirts to signed guitars, picks and photos. While actual staging decks and set pieces that were designed and manufactured for tour staging were truly a part of rock and roll history - yet these musical artifacts usually ended up sitting in a warehouse collecting dust until someone decided to sell them for scrap. The idea for Stage Set Collectibles was born.

After much procrastination and many tours in between the idea again came to light. Jake Berry approached the Rolling Stones and longtime friend and Stones promoter, Michael Cohl with the idea of turning the stage performance decks into collectible interior furnishings and designs. After much discussion, The Rolling Stones entrusted Jake to take their stages from previous tours, wipe off the dust, remove them from storage and transform them into useable one-of-a-kind items for the collectible market.

Stage Set Collectibles is currently in negotiation with other artists to bring their hidden artifacts out of the storage.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

from rs.com, but full site is "under construction" ironically.

I wonder if I could take home THE PLEXIGLASSS fashioned into some kind of door or window if not just a shrine in and of itself. Or a part of it. Seriously, I do think it is at least worth a question to them.

Plexi

Re: and here's an old one
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 17, 2007 23:25

and here's what's already been posted about it, if anyone's interested: [www.iorr.org]

Re: here's a new one: Welcome to Stage Set Collectibles
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2007 01:58

Anyone who pays those kind of prices for a crappy coffee table should be locked up.

Date: November 18, 2007 02:18

Guess I should be locked up then as I WOULD pay these prices for a coffee table made of THE PLEXIGLASS!!

justkidding (but maybe not!)

plexi

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 18, 2007 02:24

Gazza Wrote:

> Anyone who pays those kind of prices for a crappy
> coffee table should be locked up.

I'd like to see sales figures published for this stuff!

Headline reads: Stones stage discards sets record for impulse buying!

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: November 18, 2007 02:45

I wonder how much he paid for it in the first place.

Date: November 18, 2007 04:30

StonesBlake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how much he paid for it in the first
> place.

who?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 18, 2007 05:52

I wonder if the inflatable penis is for sale...
and if so, who might want to buy it.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 18, 2007 07:08

Elton John ?

Date: November 18, 2007 08:41

good one, train!

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: November 18, 2007 15:05

i was thinging of making a collage from the few scraps of stones concert confetti i've gathered since the bridges to babylon tour. any five figure bids out there?

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: November 18, 2007 15:14

Their prices are insane for what tir selling. As a collector, I would NEVER spend that kind of money for a "crapppy" table with a (probably tiny) plaque stating what stage this is from!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home