Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ever Hear Your Own Voice On A Live Album?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 5, 2007 03:47

(deleted - same info as Rockman's)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 03:50 by Gazza.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 5, 2007 04:11

Monkeylad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I really would love to meet and interview the person behind the "Paint It Black, You Devil"voice. And I'd like to interview other less-obvious people who made contributions to Stones albums, like:

Monkeylad - check out this thread, there's a video you might be interested in.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 5, 2007 04:14

ROCKMAN, Thanks, OK, the guy who was driving away from the house keepers place out back at the Tate/Polanski house and was at the gate when the Manson nuts were climbing over the fence next to the gate - I believe they shot him. Yeah, a very sick night and I knew a lot about that whole thing since one of the jurors lived on the corner of my cul-de-sac during that time (of course he was locked up at a hotel with the rest of the jurors during the trial) didn't stop the neighborhood from being infested with cops since there were death threats on the jurors families from the "MANSON GANG" that was still freely out and about at that time.

OK, STG, what does that have to do with a great Beatles song. That's what it means to me, if Manson stole it he STOLE IT, it was never his. If I murder someone and write "Spice Girls were here" on the wall of the victims house does that have ANYTHING to do with the SPICE GIRLS?!?!?

Holy Moly - ROCKMAN, SAVE ME !!!! I KNOW you have the power....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 06:39 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2007 05:17

Easy Easy Helter....Let ya motor cool...Ya revvin' it a bit hard...

SomeTorontoGal...has edited and apologised...She's a fun gal and
sure she didn't mean it to offend....Let's all head back to the Fun-Camp..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 5, 2007 05:48

...... theres gonna be a new batch soon...

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 5, 2007 06:13

Thanks ROCKMAN, am following your advice and have totally let the jets cool down.... the room is full of smoke and most of the food in the fridge is gone - yep, things are back in balance and Helter's just floating.... you always have the correct advice my friend.... let me just shut my eyes for a while here, awwww....

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 5, 2007 06:25

thanks rockman - so anyone else hear themselves - i always pray the guy next to me isnt recording the show - i'd hate to ruin it...doesnt stop me screaming and singing tho!

OLDKR

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 5, 2007 06:38

Who was it who screamed when Keith (and Mick) climbed up the sides of the walls at Radio City? I like to think it was me, but then again, I do believe in reality I just joined in.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 5, 2007 07:47

>
> Holy Moly - ROCKMAN, SAVE ME !!!! I KNOW you have
> the power....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 08:22 by rooster.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: November 5, 2007 12:23

On The Blues Is Alright CD you can hear my grumbling vocals during Sweet Home Chicago. Calling out t oKeith on Town And Country 17.12.92. And shouting out for Leather Jacket and Jumping Jack Flash during the Mick Taylor Fareham 92 how.

Try to stay quiet when I'm recording now ....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 5, 2007 12:48

HH, a friend of mine, can be clearly heard on Keith´s
1992 Cologne concert, shortly before "Wicked As It Seems":

"KEEEEEEIIIIIITH!"

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 5, 2007 14:53

My altime favouirite is in the "Genesis Live" album.

There's a guy who shouts "The Knife" just before Peter Gabriel says in a grave way "The Knife", just love it.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 7, 2007 22:31

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza Wrote: That reminds me of a problem a friend
> of mine had at a gig last week. He decided to take
> a photo of the band and this security guy came
> over and gestured to him in an unpleasant manner,
> warning him to stop taking pics. The band was ...
> the Blind Boys of Alabama. How the f**k were they
> gonna know he was taking their picture?
>
>
>
> Apologies - deleted.

blind boys? this sounds like a gig I should check out!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 7, 2007 22:39

I have this electronic keyboard that has several hundred settings including several "DJ" settings. On one of the settings, when you hit a particular note, a voice says, "one more time", my friends and family all swear that is my voice saying it. Where are my Royalties?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 7, 2007 23:41

I am on the Neil Finn recording from the Roxy in LA with Sheryl Crow.
I asked him to play 'Instinct" and he told me I have strange accent. He asked where I was from and I shouted AMMMEEERICAAAA!

Pretty good memory, but when you hear it on CD like that I think beer may have played more of a role in my night than needed...

Oh well...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 2, 2007 18:48

Probably my favourite fan contribution to a live album is found on a Pink Floyd bootleg called The Bell Gets Louder (Yankee Stadium, New York, 6/11/94). Like a lot of the bootlegs in my collection, it's a show I was at. At one point, just before the song Take It Back, you can hear a guy, obviously very drunk or high, yelling at someone he recognizes "I KNEW I'D SEE YOU HERE MOTHER @#$%&!!! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT!"

There's nothing like a New York crowd.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-02 18:52 by tatters.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 2, 2007 19:21

I'm on Neil Young & Crazy Horses "Weld"

Date: December 2, 2007 19:31

The current lineup of Jefferson Starship (they really should call themselves Jefferson Airplane of the 21st Century since they play more JA than JS) sometimes sends out soundboard recordings to fans who pay a little extra for VIP tickets. Doesn't cost much more than a regular ticket and you get cool perks like getting in early for the soundcheck, a post-show meet and greet, and a copy of the show itself on a very well-produced double CD. I've got one of those from a show where I was "in the pocket", up against the stage, right between the singer's monitors and right under her microphone. Sometimes my wife will be listening to it with headphones and she'll start laughing because I am all over that CD. At one point you can hear the singer cautioning me not to hurt myself!

Date: March 25, 2012 04:38

Bump. The thread about the guy shouting "Let It Rock/Paint It Black" made me think of this.

Date: March 25, 2012 04:49

tatters
The one I really wish I could find is a copy of an Ian Anderson solo gig from 2003 where he passed out kazoos to everyone in the front row, then, during Locomotive Breath, proceeded to walk into the audience to stick his microphone in the face of everyone in possession of a kazoo and give them a brief "solo". I knew that if you SPEAK into a kazoo you can get a weird, synthesizer sort of sound. So, as everyone else took their turn PLAYING their kazoos, I decided I would SING into mine. Ian stuck his mic in my face and out of the PA came the "voice" of tatters:

"NO WAY TO SLOW DOWN!"

Ian loved it so much he put his arm around me and had me do it a second time!

Not the show I was at, but note the title of this bootleg!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 25, 2012 06:35

I charged onto the stage once & Keith hit me w/ his guitar ... wait, sorry, that wasn't me.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 25, 2012 08:42

Not mine, but another great audient participation in a live album is the guy who calls out "Whipping POST!" on The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East. Duane responds, "you guessed it," and off they go for 23 minutes of unparalleled bliss.

During the Who's 1989 tour, I made a terrible audience recording on a Walkman from the upper deck of Giants Stadium. During Behind Blue Eyes, I captured a guy from a few seats down the row singing along, in a thick Long Island/Brooklyn/Hudson County accent, "No one knows what it's like to feel these feelings/Like I do/AND I BLAME YOU M-THERF-CKER, YOU B-TCH!" Really, I can't make this up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-25 19:03 by ab.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 25, 2012 18:21

2007 was a helluva good year...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 25, 2012 18:37

I always wondered about the guy who coughs at the end of Neil Young's "Sugar Mountain."

Does he even know it's him?

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 25, 2012 22:13

i personally ruined "Welcome to Washington" from the Voodoo Lounge Tour- I sat next to the guy who recorded it (RIP), had a few beverages, didnt really think about it and kept yelling to my pals seated on the other side of him. Sounded like a drunken idiot. Still cringe when I think about it.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: March 25, 2012 22:38

Well, I don't know if this topic is for ANY live album or just the Stones, but one mystery audience member that made a legit release is the dude at the very end of Lou Reed Live, Side 2. Just before the groove runs out, you hear, "Lou Reed sucks!" Lou wanted it left on the recording.

Was it one of you guys?! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 25, 2012 22:48

I might have been flying in an aeroplane that was flying over whilst
Led Zepplin was recording, and they almost took it off, but someone said "Nah, leave it, yeah".

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 25, 2012 22:56

Anyone wanna fess-up to being the chick calling out for "Visions of Paradise" on the boot of the opening Licks show in Boston (after the Toronto warm up gig that is)

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 27, 2012 18:25

Don't know if it's true but there was a popular NYC DJ, Carol Miller who was a huge Stones fan. She was on WNEW - FM in the seventies. She swore it was her chanting the famous "Paint it Black you devils" line heard on Ya Yas. Who knows?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 27, 2012 19:23

loog droog
I always wondered about the guy who coughs at the end of Neil Young's "Sugar Mountain."

Does he even know it's him?

That's so funny you should mention this. A friend of mine is also a guitar player, and whenever we both get together to play acoustic stuff, we always cough at the end whatever song we're playing.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home