Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ever Hear Your Own Voice On A Live Album?
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 27, 2012 19:42

I am pretty sure that is me yelling "Keith" on Live Licks.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 27, 2012 20:50

tatters
The one I really wish I could find is a copy of an Ian Anderson solo gig from 2003 where he passed out kazoos to everyone in the front row, then, during Locomotive Breath, proceeded to walk into the audience to stick his microphone in the face of everyone in possession of a kazoo and give them a brief "solo". I knew that if you SPEAK into a kazoo you can get a weird, synthesizer sort of sound. So, as everyone else took their turn PLAYING their kazoos, I decided I would SING into mine. Ian stuck his mic in my face and out of the PA came the "voice" of tatters:

"NO WAY TO SLOW DOWN!"

Ian loved it so much he put his arm around me and had me do it a second time!

Awesome story! That's brilliant!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 27, 2012 21:23

stonesdan60
Don't know if it's true but there was a popular NYC DJ, Carol Miller who was a huge Stones fan. She was on WNEW - FM in the seventies. She swore it was her chanting the famous "Paint it Black you devils" line heard on Ya Yas. Who knows?

Is this the woman?:

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 28, 2012 02:07

stonesdan60
Don't know if it's true but there was a popular NYC DJ, Carol Miller who was a huge Stones fan. She was on WNEW - FM in the seventies. She swore it was her chanting the famous "Paint it Black you devils" line heard on Ya Yas. Who knows?

Nah. Doesn't sound like her.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2012 04:41

No, but I heard my voice on the radio once answering the question "What was the first Rolling Stones album to feature all Jagger/Richards compositions?"

I won 2 tickets to a Voodoo Lounge 'Listening Party' the night before the album was released.

I may have strayed slightly off topic.

Aftermath BTW, was the name of the album.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: March 28, 2012 05:26

Winos Palldium gig. I'm the one with loud unique whistle at beginning of locked away and other songs, struggle. I'll never forget that night, great raw Keith, small venue. I remember hearing my whistle on a boot and then on official release.

Date: March 28, 2012 05:49

Yes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2012 05:56

longlongwinter
Winos Palldium gig. I'm the one with loud unique whistle at beginning of locked away and other songs, struggle. I'll never forget that night, great raw Keith, small venue. I remember hearing my whistle on a boot and then on official release.

I remember it! There should really be a songwriting credit or something for those types of contributions.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 28, 2012 08:18

Right before "Let It Rock" you can hear me yell: "Plundered My Soul"!

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: March 29, 2012 03:01

Only on the shows I've recorded...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home