Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ever Hear Your Own Voice On A Live Album?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 4, 2007 20:42

I don't mean as a singer. I mean as an audience member, sitting in the first few rows, who, in the manner of the "Paint It Black you devil" girl, shouted out some bit of nonsense that has been immortalized for all time.

Re: Ever Hear Your Own Voice On A Live Album?
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 4, 2007 20:50

on my own recordings ''yeah''!!! i think i hear myself on sister morphine adam 98...out n space!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 4, 2007 20:52

No, but I always found it a bit intriguing that the guy who screams "Billy!" during the band intros at the El Mocambo show on LYL has a very distinctive Belfast accent.....

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: November 4, 2007 21:00

I love on the Leeds boot the guy at the end of Street Fighting Man who is screaming: "ANYTHING! ANYTHING! PLAY ANYTHING!" as though he is being torn apart at the waist, or he's having the most painful bowel movement of his life.

Date: November 4, 2007 21:04

I always liked the cat who shouted''let the good times roll'' on el mocambo...might be someone from tell? doeas anyone know who was that? its an olld Shirley song i know....that girl who later recorded ''shame ..shame...shame''

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 4, 2007 21:12

if bootlegs count ... yeah twice
hollering "You're On My Mind" and ... ahem well no never mind - it was not ladylike :E

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 4, 2007 21:16

rooster Wrote:

> I always liked the cat who shouted''let the good
> times roll'' on el mocambo...

Or the girl that is yelling for people to sit down!

Date: November 4, 2007 21:21

I can be heard to say "Rock and Roll, you son of a bitch!" over the keyboard intro to Won't Get Fooled Again on one of those "official bootlegs" from the Who's 2002 tour. I had forgotten I'd said it and was completely startled when I heard myself on the CD.

Date: November 4, 2007 21:25

Edith Grove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rooster Wrote:
>
> > I always liked the cat who shouted''let the
> good
> > times roll'' on el mocambo...
>
> Or the girl that is yelling for people to sit
> down!

she sure wasnt one of the feelies!!

Date: November 4, 2007 21:26

Im on boots but i dont wanna know!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 4, 2007 21:30

... then there's the lady at the beginning of Blind Date, the CNIB concert in 1979 repeating "I'm just getting one @%#*ing picture..."

Date: November 4, 2007 21:36

The one I really wish I could find is a copy of an Ian Anderson solo gig from 2003 where he passed out kazoos to everyone in the front row, then, during Locomotive Breath, proceeded to walk into the audience to stick his microphone in the face of everyone in possession of a kazoo and give them a brief "solo". I knew that if you SPEAK into a kazoo you can get a weird, synthesizer sort of sound. So, as everyone else took their turn PLAYING their kazoos, I decided I would SING into mine. Ian stuck his mic in my face and out of the PA came the "voice" of tatters:

"NO WAY TO SLOW DOWN!"

Ian loved it so much he put his arm around me and had me do it a second time!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 17:10 by tatters.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 4, 2007 21:39

Lots of ohno and drake on some of drake's recordings - Memphis, Atlanta, etc.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 4, 2007 22:14

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
> ... then there's the lady at the beginning of
> Blind Date, the CNIB concert in 1979 repeating
> "I'm just getting one @%#*ing picture..."

I love that bit..its hilarious...and then you can hear some guy shouting "Groupie! Groupie!" at her.

That reminds me of a problem a friend of mine had at a gig last week. He decided to take a photo of the band and this security guy came over and gestured to him in an unpleasant manner, warning him to stop taking pics.

The band was ... the Blind Boys of Alabama.

How the f**k were they gonna know he was taking their picture?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-04 22:15 by Gazza.

Date: November 4, 2007 22:21

fuc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 08:50 by rooster.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 4, 2007 22:36

Yeah, on the DAVID BOWIE/ZIGGY STARDUST LIVE at the SANTA MONICA CIVIC (official, not a Boot) that's Helter yelling "STARMAN" right after Bowie goes, we're going to do - HELTER: STARMAN!!! - no we're not, we're going to do one about a guy, blah blah blah, the JEAN GENIE... and Bowie and The Spiders From Mars begin to play Jean Genie (goes SOMETHING like that)... I'll leave a P.O. Box Address in a day or two for those that NEED my autograph, no problem......

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 4, 2007 22:38

One of the deepest "O iaeh":s from Brno.

Date: November 4, 2007 22:55

rooster Wrote:
> on my own recordings ''yeah''!!! i think i hear
> myself on sister morphine adam 98...out n space!!

i gave lisa my piccs and asked her if she wanted to ask mick if he wanted to do ´´sista m´´ and they did it!!!! of course i went nutz!!and it made it to no secur....on my boot of course i can hear myself

Date: November 4, 2007 23:07

Gazza Wrote: That reminds me of a problem a friend of mine had at a gig last week. He decided to take a photo of the band and this security guy came over and gestured to him in an unpleasant manner, warning him to stop taking pics. The band was ... the Blind Boys of Alabama. How the f**k were they gonna know he was taking their picture?

Apologies - deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 00:12 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: November 4, 2007 23:15

Real funny STG, It's funny to laugh at other's pain isn't it.... So interesting that some people on this planet don't think bad stuff can ever happen to them...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 03:40 by HelterSkelter.

Date: November 4, 2007 23:17

you need fun to deal with it really...and toronto is all right

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 4, 2007 23:23

Olympia 2003 : on the boot, you can hear me screaming "no expectations" before the song while Mick takes an acoustic guitar.
On the DVD, it's hard to hear it but it still here...

Date: November 4, 2007 23:34

Rooster, she put the same UNFUNNY picture - Ray Charles - up on "what's the next concert you have tickets for?" (do a search) and then made a Joke about Stevie Wonder and his blindness (at least Sweet Charmed Life called her on it). Hey STG, you think being blind is funny? My next door neighbor is blind from the first Gulf War (1990/91) I'm gonna run this by him and see if he thinks this is funny. He can tell you what his life is like in a world of PURE BLACKNESS, never seeing his kids grow up, never seeing their faces (his wife left him because of it, we help him out with money and stuff) TRY AND IMAGINE IT - You are numbed out big time my dear.....

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 06:36 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: November 5, 2007 00:13

one of the two Hague '76 concerts in heavily The Hague accent' Ga sitte kankerhoer'

Free translation : Sit the @#$%& down, you cancer infected whore

Not me btw

Date: November 5, 2007 00:15

Helter - I've deleted the offending picture and will also delete from the other thread. I know that the picture can be argued both ways, but am really not intending to push anyone's buttons to the extent that I seem to have pushed yours.

Rooster - thanks for the post.

And Helter, I think Steven Earl Parent's family might regret your choice of User Name, although I'm sure you meant no offence.

Look it up.

STG

Posted by: ROLLING STONED ()
Date: November 5, 2007 01:00

Robby Krieger, the guitar player for THE DOORS played a one of uk gig in convetn garden in london in june 1995, and I was actually sitting next to a bloke who had smuggled in a tape recorder and tape the show, and I am embarrased to be able to hear my high pictched wails of "KRIEGGGERRRRRR" when i play the tape, and to make it worse, it copies have since surfaced on THE DOORS bootlegs circuit too!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: November 5, 2007 01:39

On the Hellacopters live lp that came with their Payin' the Dues vinyl release (recorded at the Starfish Room-R.I.P.-in Vancouver) I can be heard yelling 'City Slang' right after Nick Royale says "we're gonna play one of the greatest songs of all time" and right before they do indeed play 'City Slang', one of the greatest songs of all time. Also on a Mudhoney bootleg lp called 'Mudride' (live in Berlin '88).

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: November 5, 2007 01:59

I really would love to meet and interview the person behind the "Paint It Black, You Devil" voice. And I'd like to interview other less-obvious people who made contributions to Stones albums, like:

- The woman who baked the Let It Bleed cake was interviewed in Mojo or Q a while ago. I'd like to interview anyone who helped to smash it up, and anyone who ate the remains.

- I'd like to interview the person filling out the crotch in the Sticky Fingers cover shot.

- I'd like to interview anyone who owns Exile on Main Street postcards that were mailed to them in 1972, and still have them in their possession.

- I'd like to interview anyone who may have been with Steve McQueen if and when he heard "Star Star" for the first time.

- I'd like to interview anyone who may have posed for Guy Peellaert when he painted the cover of It's Only Rock 'n' Roll. I'd like to see the original painting, if it still exists.

And so on.

Date: November 5, 2007 03:38

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
> Helter - I've deleted the offending picture and
> will also delete from the other thread. I know
> that the picture can be argued both ways, but am
> really not intending to push anyone's buttons to
> the extent that I seem to have pushed yours.
>
> And Helter, I think Steven Earl Parent's family
> might regret your choice of User Name, although
> I'm sure you meant no offence.
>
> Look it up.
>
> STG

For your information STG, HELTER SKELTER is the name of one of my favorite Beatles/Paul McCartney songs. It was taken from the name af an amusement park ride (a giant slide) in the resort town of BLACKPOOL, ENGLAND. It has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING else. If Charlie Manson and his team used it for their own evil purposes that has nothing to do with me OR the Beatles or McCartney. I have no idea who Steve Earl is and if his parents are offended by an amusement park ride in England then I really think they need to seek some professional help. Making a joke about blind people (as you did) , or crippled people is disgusting but you still don't seem to get that since you say it "pushes MY buttons". No, It pushes ANY Decent persons buttons who have any feeling for another's hardship PERIOD. Laughing at people who have been dealt a VERY HARD deal in life is what humans who are numb to other peoples pain do, don't try to turn around my user name on your disgusting jokes about blind people (and a picture of Ray Charles which even you yourself call "Offending" - bit of a "self incriminating"?).

IMHO, You need to be ENLIGHTENED, go help out FOR FREE at a hospice where people are dying from AIDS and other horrible conditions and diseases, get in touch with having sympathy for fellow human beings.......

I looked up STEVE EARL, I have NO IDEA what silly defense you were trying to use, I see NO CONNECTION and have no idea how a country singer and his parents from Texas connect to the title of a Beatles song. Please explain it if you can...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-05 06:26 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2007 03:43

Helter

Steven Earl Parent....First victim of Manson's family

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home