Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: OT:Hockey Anyone?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 17, 2010 23:53

Hey Fred,

Put your ear to the ground and listen for the roar of the Buffalo stampede heading up the west coast to San Jose!!!!

Start sweatin.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: January 18, 2010 12:13

Doxa
I guess it is a cultural thing. Here in Europe, or at least here in Finland, we are so used to the world championship games that they are a value of their own. Even at the the time when no NHL plyers were accepted - some of us might remember - the games were very popular (of course, those times all the best Soviet players were there and dominated the scene) - oh, one can feel the tension every time Soviet Union and Checkoslovakia played against each other - or Sweden against Finland.... In those days (70's-80's) NHL was so distant and a faraway thing - no matches to be seen in telly, not many "local boys" from here playing there yet, etc. The teams were not so easy to feel connected to, etc. Now everything is so different.
- Doxa
I agree. But I think that the status of the championship could be raised by having it every four years (like football/soccer) instead of every year. It should be a big honor to represent your native country - not a pain in the a**.
I actually found the Junior Championship more interesting this year than the real one. Finland, Sweden and Switzerland were amazing and Canada lost the gold to the USA! smiling smiley

As a swede the only way I could watch NHL-games is to pay money for a certain channel. It's pretty expensive so sadly I only get sum-ups of the games played on the internet. NHL is still pretty far away for us here in Europe I believe and the olympics is really our best way right now to see some of the biggest stars in action. I'm not a hardcore fan of any team really but I love the sport. Capitals are somewhat of my fav-team in the NHL because of guys like Bäckström, Green, Ovechkin and Semin. Penguins are my least favorite team because of Crosby. He is an amazing player but he sure has earned his nick name Crying Crosby.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 18, 2010 19:47

I was PA/Security to an NHL player in 1999 to 2001,lived with him in USA and Canada it was a blast....wouldnt do it again unless I got REALLY big money tho,got stressful at times but was worth it allcool smiley

Date: January 18, 2010 19:55

guitarbastard
check out this boy:

WOW!!!Thats amazingsmoking smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: January 18, 2010 23:41

guitarbastard
ha, my hometown zürich has "per definition" the best team in the world!!!

ZSC lions won the championsleague and now against the chigago blackhawks the victoria-cup.

incredible!

Yes, they played a great game that day against a Hawks team that was just warming up. Right now the Blackhawks are flying, and barring some key player injuries have a great shot at the Stanley Cup this year. I'm a season ticket holder and go to almost all the games. These kids keep getting better. The game against Detroit yesterday was a barn burner. The Wings regrettably will be tough once they get the big boys back off the injury list. I don't want them in the first round. They will be dangerous as usual. Meanwhile Hawks fans are loving this season.
Let's Go Hawks!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 19, 2010 00:13

Go Sabres!!!! leafs suck................again.

Date: January 19, 2010 04:36

Sabres roll into Phoenix and crush the Coyotes 7-2. Next stop Anaheim on the road to San Jose.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: January 19, 2010 06:06

The professor on the drum kit:

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: January 19, 2010 15:45

go leafs go.....no...buffalo sucks...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:09

The Sicilian
Sabres roll into Phoenix and crush the Coyotes 7-2. Next stop Anaheim on the road to San Jose.
I'll see your 7-2 and raise you a Sharks 9-1 crushing of the Flames. Bring on the butterknifes....er Sabres.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:20

sweetcharmedlife
The Sicilian
I'll see your 7-2 and raise you a Sharks 9-1 crushing of the Flames. Bring on the butterknifes....er Sabres.smiling bouncing smiley

And if I heard correctly, Joe Thornton, the league scoring leader, was shut out (no points, no assists) and that all 9 goals were scored by different players.

Date: January 20, 2010 01:47

WMiller
sweetcharmedlife
The Sicilian

And if I heard correctly, Joe Thornton, the league scoring leader, was shut out (no points, no assists) and that all 9 goals were scored by different players.

Buffalo is doing really well right now, but I don't think Miller will be as good late in the year as he is presently. He is playing too many games and is likely to get tired down the stretch. If he gets rested and the backup can lighten Millers load Buffalo will be there to contend for the East championship. Actually I would love to see a Sabres-Blackhawks cup final matchup.

Date: January 20, 2010 03:23

WMiller
sweetcharmedlife
The Sicilian

Well Danny Heatly had 2 goals. But yeah Big Joe was quiet and everybody else finally stepped up. But with the Sharks it's all about the playoffs. Hopefully Heatly will make the difference this year.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 20, 2010 04:10

The Hockey Night in Canada theme song was Canada's alternate National Anthem for decades... until the CBC scrapped it last year rather than continue to pay the royalties. So TSN has assumed it, and recorded a new version with Neil Peart hammering the drums. Charlie admired him at SARS-Stock for a reason. Nearly enough to make me start watching hockey again, but the Leafs still suck. Enjoy.

Date: January 20, 2010 20:04

ANother Sharks win last night. How'd the Sabres do last night?grinning smiley

Date: January 21, 2010 00:52

Sabres need Miller.

Date: January 29, 2010 03:21

Hmmm,almost forgot to mention this. Now where's The Sicilian?grinning smiley
Sabres 2
(31-14-7, 69 pts)
Sharks 5
(35-10-8, 78 pts)

Date: January 29, 2010 23:11

Hawks 4 Sharks 3. Great game last night. This would be a fun playoff series. The Sharks should give their keeper some days off so he is fresh for the playoffs. If the Chicago goalies are decent in the playoffs they will be be tough to beat.
Go Hawks!

Date: January 30, 2010 00:05

sweetcharmedlife
Hmmm,almost forgot to mention this. Now where's The Sicilian?grinning smiley
Sabres 2
(31-14-7, 69 pts)
Sharks 5
(35-10-8, 78 pts)

Where is San Jose? Oh yeah in the South. Pretty teal color you got there.

Date: January 30, 2010 01:03

filstan
Hawks 4 Sharks 3. Great game last night. This would be a fun playoff series. The Sharks should give their keeper some days off so he is fresh for the playoffs. If the Chicago goalies are decent in the playoffs they will be be tough to beat.
Go Hawks!
Rough start going down 3-0 in the first 10 mins. But they battled back and got a point. Hawks are good. Hope the Sharks get a shot at them in the playoffs.

Date: January 30, 2010 01:40

Great game last night between Senators and Penguins!!!!Sens are playing well.smileys with beer

Date: January 30, 2010 03:44

OK, the Sharks managed to pull it out that game against the Sabres but we will see ya in February in Buffalo.

For now we need to dispatch the Bruins.

Date: February 15, 2010 00:04

Well when you need to get off a losing streak just bring in the Sharks to Buffalo. An easy 3 to 1 victory for the Sabres.

13 - 1 vs the Sharks lifetime in Buffalo. Man I wish we could play them more often. cool smiley

Date: February 15, 2010 07:38

The Sicilian
Well when you need to get off a losing streak just bring in the Sharks to Buffalo. An easy 3 to 1 victory for the Sabres.

13 - 1 vs the Sharks lifetime in Buffalo. Man I wish we could play them more often. cool smiley
Deja Vu all over again. You got the Sharks at the end of a long road trip,just like we did with the Sabres. I'm just happy they finally beat the Red Wings.

Date: April 14, 2010 19:34

Ok,the 82 game pre-season is over. Time to start the real deal....GO SHARKS!!!!

Date: April 14, 2010 20:31

sweetcharmedlife
Ok,the 82 game pre-season is over. Time to start the real deal....GO SHARKS!!!!

The winner will come from the East. Again. Go Ryan Miller!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 14, 2010 21:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-14 21:51 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 15, 2010 05:16

Hockey? In April? You're delusional, Charmer - hockey season is over!

Date: April 15, 2010 05:48

Look who came out of hibernation....Be nice to me....Or no Macca for you!eye popping smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 15, 2010 06:32

Sharks will choke YET AGAIN.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home