Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: OT:Hockey Anyone?
Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: May 20, 2010 21:04

filstan
It will be interesting to see Friday at the UC if the Hawks can bring their A game. If they do this series will be over soon. What was Joe Thorton thinking last night with that insane slash on Bolland late in the game in the face off circle? Talk about losing it. Could have broke his arm. The Hawks are playing their best hockey of the year right now. Last night was very impressive. I'll be there at the UC Friday and Sunday. As a long time Blackhawks fan this really getting interesting.
LET'S GO HAWKS!!!

The "new barn" should be amped up Friday. Should be the loudest National Anthem this year.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 20, 2010 23:37

If the Hawks can score some goals we should blow off the roof. The UC is just a typical arena found all over the country. The Madhouse bar upstairs in the corner is cool and kind of unique. Great place to stand and watch a game. I sit in section 214. Row 2. I was a season ticket holder across the street from 1979-1995. That was a very cool place to watch a game. It used to vibrate in there when the crowd was whipped up to a frenzy. Saw the Stones a few times in there as well. Nothing will ever replace the Chicago Stadium. Let's go Hawks!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 22, 2010 15:54

It sure is quiet out in California huh.

Date: May 24, 2010 01:06

sweetcharmedlife
I'll bet your lunch money the Sharks are going to the Cup Finals skippy.smiling bouncing smiley

Looks like someone owes me some lunch money! >grinning smiley<

Date: May 24, 2010 01:15

sweetcharmedlife
doubledoor
Blackhawks in 4
Going backwards? Do you wanna predict 3 next? Get real dude. it'll be a great series and probably go 7 either way.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Blackhawks in four. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Well there you go Sweetcharmed - it was all laid out for you - you just didn't believe.

I dunno what's wrong with San Jose. They're a good team. They've been a good team for quite some time now. I just don't understand why they always fall apart. Vancouver did and does it too.

Philadelphia brought in some veterans but they really haven't built a team, they've just pieced one together. The Blackhawks have been building - and not just on the ice - and have managed to bring in a couple of solid players that have experience as well. Seeing that Philly is all but finished with Montreal, I think the Blackhawks will win against the Flyers in the Finals 4-1, with Philly winning game 3 and the Blackhawks skating the Cup around at home.

Hell of a prediction though. Who the hell knows.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 24, 2010 03:36

How about them Hawks! Down 2-0 and then coming back. Ben Eager turned the game around with a couple of nice checks to get the team going. I wonder if Heatley was playing injured because he wasn't himself this series.
Duncan Keith lost a few teeth but only missed a couple shifts! Niemi played solid again. I'm hoping Montreal can win one more game so the Hawks can get a little more rest. I love Vince Vaughn but they (CBC) don't have to show him so often. Bring on the Flyers!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 24, 2010 03:43

Bobby Hull, Gordie Howe and Frank Mahovilich on one line in this Video- great wrister by Hull, but what I remember is that Slapshot from the Blue Line - Wow! Go Hawks!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 24, 2010 04:19

Blackhawks were tough. Sharks had their chances in games 1,3. Even up 2-0 today. Can't see the Flyers beating Chicago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-24 19:39 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 24, 2010 06:35

In the meantime, the Czechs became worldchampion.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 24, 2010 08:50

Koen
In the meantime, the Czechs became worldchampion.

Yes, they did. It was an awesome final: Jagr, Vokoun and a bunch of 'nobodies' (not really, but in NHL terms) against the Russian Dream Team. A good lesson that a good spirited cohesive team always have chances against a group of superstars and great individuals.

It was a geat tournament by the host country, Germany, as well, even if they didn't get any medals.

- Doxa

Date: May 24, 2010 22:29

Congrats to the Czechs. Also to my beloved Blackhawks in winning the 3rd leg of the playoffs. San Jose was close, but they just didn't have the goaltending. Niemi has been the difference in both the Vancouver series and against the Sharks. The Hawks have 4 good lines they can throw at you that can score goals and backcheck like crazy. These guys are peaking at the right time and I believe we should bring home the cup after 49 long years. This team is getting better and they play for each other. Really good team chemistry. If the Hawks fall it will be due to containment strategy with heavy forechecking to cause turnovers.. Give the Hawks speed out of their own end and you have big trouble.

I was at both games this weekend and I can tell you it was electric in there Friday. The UC was vibrating. Yesterday was a a great crowd as well, but the win came more as a relief that we have finally made it back to the finals. While I was hoping for a Habs-Hawks final, I hope Philly win tonight so we can get started soon. Either way I'll be there at the UC to cheer on the boys to bring back the cup to Chicago.

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:53

Let the fun begin. I don't think i am going out on a ledge saying the Hawks should bring home the cup in 5. You can't defend speed and that is what Dale Tallon brought this team.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:55

DGA35
How about them Hawks! Down 2-0 and then coming back. Ben Eager turned the game around with a couple of nice checks to get the team going. I wonder if Heatley was playing injured because he wasn't himself this series.
Duncan Keith lost a few teeth but only missed a couple shifts! Niemi played solid again. I'm hoping Montreal can win one more game so the Hawks can get a little more rest. I love Vince Vaughn but they (CBC) don't have to show him so often. Bring on the Flyers!

awesome....Duncan Kieth......just awesome....only in hockey

i see the girls walk by in their summer clothes

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 18:37

Don't count out the Flyers! Everyone else has and they are playing golf at the moment. This team has overcome insurmountable odds including a 3-0 deficit in games and a 3-0 first period deficit in Game #7 to Boston on the road no less.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Flyers and have been for 20 years. This is the best "team" though not the most talented they have had since '87. The Hawks are great in their own right. One of the most talented and explosive teams. To think they will walk over the Flyers in a sweep or even 5 games is wishful thinking that will cause you great disappointment. If the players think that, they will fall short and the parade won't be on Michigan Avenue, rather Broad Street in Philadelphia.

Both teams have shown character and ability to handle adversity, the Flyers more so although they created much of their own adversity. With that said, this will not be a short series, probably 6 or even a full 7 games. Enjoy the series. Either way, Gary Buttman, the crummy commish, doesn't get his wish to give the Cup to his poster child Cindy Crosby, um Sidney Crosby. A true leader, either Richards or Toews will be the first to skate with the Cup.

Congrats to the Czech team for their title at the Worlds.

Let's go Flyers!

Date: May 26, 2010 18:42

No offense rockdoc8885, I just don't like the Flyers!

And those ugly name plates on the orange jerseys look terrible too. Wow. Who ever thought of that should be fired.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: June 1, 2010 07:16

Did anyone happen to notice in Game 2 tonight when the Blackhawks Duncan Keith was to the left of Flyer's Mike Richards? Their juxtaposed jerseys really did read Keith Richards!

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 1, 2010 07:21

inopeng
Did anyone happen to notice in Game 2 tonight when the Blackhawks Duncan Keith was to the left of Flyer's Mike Richards? Their juxtaposed jerseys really did read Keith Richards!

Too bad that "Richards" was on the back of an uglyass Flyers jersey!

Date: June 2, 2010 00:53

Flyers threw everything they had at the Hawks this past weekend and came up empty. The Blackhawks haven't shown Philly their best yet. Flyers are game, and I respect most of those guys, but I think the Cup finally comes back to Chicago. Pronger and Carcillo are p.o.s.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 2, 2010 01:05

Chris Pronger is a punk. Always has been,always will be. I hope the B'Hawks sweep phony Philly.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 2, 2010 01:13

Hawks are halfway there! Saturday night's victory was the first time in my life I've seen the Hawks win a game in the finals since they got swept in 92 and I don't remember the 73 series against Montreal.
Niemmi is solid in goal but the Toews line needs to start producing. Hossa really wants to win the cup.

Date: June 2, 2010 01:25

I'm thinkin' still that Philly will find a way to win and they'll win one at home but the Hawks will keep it together - damn do they ever go after it in the corners and come out with the puck almost every time they're so fast and determined - and win it at home in game 5.

Date: June 2, 2010 01:46

Filstan,

I read your posts about the building across the street, think about your Peter Wolf/FitzGeralds posts among others and have determined we are twins separated at birth...

Date: June 2, 2010 02:23

Well inopeng, it could be. I was adopted in 1953. I've been told I have a older brother somewhere in the Chicago area. Never met the guy. I just turned 57. While we may not be blood bros., we appear to be like minded souls. Perhaps we can meet up at Fitz's July 4th weekend. Nighthawks have Sumlin playing with them. I'm goin.

I like the Hawks in 5 or 6. Hope it's Sunday, but if they can win tomorrow I'm thinking hard on making the trip to Philly Friday. I want to see our guys hoist the Cup. I was 8 when they last won in 61. This has been a great run this year.

Date: June 2, 2010 16:29

Filstan, you have a few years on me (48) but we sure do appear to be like-minded.

I just saw this morning that Bobby Keys will be with Joe Ely Band at FitzGeralds on July 3 (worthy of its own thread)...along with Willie Nile, The Blaster with Dave Alvin and John Dee Graham...this is the night to be in Berwyn!

Go Hawks!

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: June 2, 2010 17:03

oh...thought you meant field hockey!

Date: June 2, 2010 23:44

inopeng
Filstan, you have a few years on me (48) but we sure do appear to be like-minded.

I just saw this morning that Bobby Keys will be with Joe Ely Band at FitzGeralds on July 3 (worthy of its own thread)...along with Willie Nile, The Blaster with Dave Alvin and John Dee Graham...this is the night to be in Berwyn!

Go Hawks!

Yes, you are right about that lineup on the 3rd. I have to make it. The festival there is wonderful every year, and if I am in town I always go at least for one day.

Let's go Hawks!

Date: June 7, 2010 02:56

Well. Obviously my guess was wrong! Tied up at 2. Well hell.

Go Blackhawks!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 7, 2010 05:33

Blackhawks up 5 - 3 late in the 3rd period, maybe the Hawks will carry the cup around in Philly or even better on home ice in a game 7.

Date: June 7, 2010 07:06

Hawks 7 Flyers Not Even Close

Seeing that so far it's home team wins this go round expect game 7 in Chicago.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 7, 2010 09:11

Very nice to see Pronger getting knocked on his ass by Blackhawks instead of the other way around

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home