Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:38

14,000 ballot tickets -on the radio

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:39

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......in addition to that Adrian-L....I have just
> received a 'spam' e-mail from a ticket agency who
> specialises in sold out events saying "tickets for
> famous Led Zeppelin are now available" (paulywaul
> you aren't going to love this!.....not) - so I
> gave them a call and asked them about their claim
> to having LZ tix. I was told in no uncertain
> terms, it was no idle claim but they will
> DEFINITELY be selling an allocation of tickets for
> this event. Price? £370.00 each, maximum of two
> per order.
>
> Now, who has Harvey Goldsmith's e-mail to ask him
> how this can be.......?!

<<< Now, who has Harvey Goldsmith's e-mail to ask him how this can be .......?! >>>

Good question, and apart from anything else, here's a quote from Harvey himself on the subject of ticket reselling: this is from the BBC article


Tickets for the show will be allocated by public ballot - a move promoter Harvey Goldsmith hopes will deter touts.

"We just hope and pray that those people who get a ticket in a ballot are just going to act accordingly," he said

Goldsmith also warned fans who turned to internet auction sites like eBay or other unauthorised sources that they would have their tickets cancelled.

"They might have paid the money but they ain't going to get the ticket," he said.


Love that last line, but here you go ... here's an "agency" claiming to have an "allocation" of tix to sell. WTF ?????????????

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:40

Adrian-L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 14,000 ballot tickets -on the radio

Radio ... ok thanks.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Date: September 13, 2007 15:44

The site of this agency has 8 different categories of tickets 'for sale' going up in price to an outrageous £999.00 for 'Limited V.I.P. front blocks'!!!

It appears that 'The Song Remains The Same' !

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:47

wouldn't be 'sold-out events' by any chance.
heard thru a friend, that they're flogging them, too

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Date: September 13, 2007 15:48

Adrian-L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wouldn't be 'sold-out events' by any chance.
> heard thru a friend, that they're flogging them,
> too

No, it's not - not sure whether to post the link on here or not. Don't want to give them publicity, on the other hand maybe someone could 'shop' them to Harvey!

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:49

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The site of this agency has 8 different categories
> of tickets 'for sale' going up in price to an
> outrageous £999.00 for 'Limited V.I.P. front
> blocks'!!!
>
> It appears that 'The Song Remains The Same' !

Joking aside, this kind of bollocks really DOES warrant getting in touch with the promoter (Harvey G) and pointing it out to him, and lets then see if he's truly bloody serious about deterring touts. Wouldn't you just love to see a promoter actually put their money where their big gob is ? I would ! Don't suppose you'd care to share the website address with the rest of us, so we all have a gander before we get on the horn to Harvey ?

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:51

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adrian-L Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > wouldn't be 'sold-out events' by any chance.
> > heard thru a friend, that they're flogging
> them,
> > too
>
> No, it's not - not sure whether to post the link
> on here or not. Don't want to give them publicity,
> on the other hand maybe someone could 'shop' them
> to Harvey!

You give me their website address and I'll GLADLY do it !!

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Date: September 13, 2007 15:52


Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:56

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here it is -
>
> [www.elitesportandtours.com]

Thanks ... and here's another

[www.xclusiveticket.com]

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 13, 2007 15:59

here you go guys..Led Zep tickets for sale.... go grab 'em!

[www.soldouteventtickets.com]

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 13, 2007 16:01

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here it is -
>
> [www.elitesportandtours.com]


377 quid- rear upper tier

bargain!

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 13, 2007 16:15

these sharks have loads for sale, at a monkey :-

[www.no1soldoutevents.com]

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 13, 2007 16:18

any more for any more???

[www.ticketspecialists.com]

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 13, 2007 16:28

still trying to register, tried all day but still no good.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 13, 2007 16:35

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tatters Wrote:
> >
> > 1 out of every 5,000 Led Zeppelin fans will get
> to
> > see them. This is not about paying tribute to a
> > dead guy who won't be there to see it anyway.
> It's
> > about Zeppelin's ongoing cultivation of their
> > fabled and very profitable MYSTIQUE.
>
>
> its a charity show, though, yes?


It is an extravagant advertisement for the NEW PRODUCTS they will be releasing at just COINCIDENTALLY the exact same time as the concert.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 13, 2007 17:03

20 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO REGISTER FOR THESE TICKETS

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 13, 2007 17:18

I'd say - there has been 20 million connection attempts to the web site. I don't know how many people have actually registered for the ballot.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 13, 2007 17:20

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 20 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO REGISTER FOR THESE
> TICKETS


Maybe 200,000 people have each tried 100 times.

Still, it's hard to imagine that anything could ever be bigger than this. Not even a Pink Floyd concert with Waters and Gilmour, or an event where Ringo opened for Paul and then joined him onstage for a few songs, would come close to the level of hysteria we're seeing here.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 13, 2007 18:33

Seems to be easier now to register.Tried on and off this morning and got as far as details etc. and then it dropped out!!! Tried for 10 mins just now and no probs!!!Heard that Monday was deadline to register.Is that right?

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 13, 2007 18:41

The biggest event that never happened would have been a Beatles' reunion show in the 1970s.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: September 13, 2007 18:48

Today I've experienced the funny fact that some people who frequently listen to Keith Richards call Jimmy Page sloppy.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 13, 2007 18:59

tatters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > tatters Wrote:
> > >
> > > 1 out of every 5,000 Led Zeppelin fans will
> get
> > to
> > > see them. This is not about paying tribute to
> a
> > > dead guy who won't be there to see it anyway.
> > It's
> > > about Zeppelin's ongoing cultivation of their
> > > fabled and very profitable MYSTIQUE.
> >
> >
> > its a charity show, though, yes?
>
>
> It is an extravagant advertisement for the NEW
> PRODUCTS they will be releasing at just
> COINCIDENTALLY the exact same time as the concert.



You mean the same way that Jagger appeared at both Live Aid and the Concert for 9/11 around the same time that he had released solo albums, even though the Stones as a band had turned down offers to play at both gigs ?

Goodness. Rock stars cashing in on the back of a charity concert. Whatever next?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-13 19:00 by Gazza.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 14, 2007 01:36

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tatters Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gazza Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > tatters Wrote:
> > > >
> > > > 1 out of every 5,000 Led Zeppelin fans will
> > get
> > > to
> > > > see them. This is not about paying tribute
> to
> > a
> > > > dead guy who won't be there to see it
> anyway.
> > > It's
> > > > about Zeppelin's ongoing cultivation of
> their
> > > > fabled and very profitable MYSTIQUE.
> > >
> > >
> > > its a charity show, though, yes?
> >
> >
> > It is an extravagant advertisement for the NEW
> > PRODUCTS they will be releasing at just
> > COINCIDENTALLY the exact same time as the
> concert.
>
>
>
> You mean the same way that Jagger appeared at both
> Live Aid and the Concert for 9/11 around the same
> time that he had released solo albums, even though
> the Stones as a band had turned down offers to
> play at both gigs ?
>
> Goodness. Rock stars cashing in on the back of a
> charity concert. Whatever next?


Right, so why were you sort of implying that this was NOT the case with the Zeppelin reunion, as if they were only doing this as some kind of spontaneous outpouring of grief and gratitude they feel as a result of the death of their beloved Ahmet?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-14 01:37 by tatters.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: September 14, 2007 10:39

HURRAY. I've just managed to register. thats me going to see led Zeppelin smiling smiley

Whatcha mean its a ballot. Oh never mind I'm buying a lottery ticket this weekend, i'll buy one with my "more likely" winnings.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: September 14, 2007 10:45

just got in too! 8.30am. well yr never know. took all of 30 secs all together so it seems the initial surge is now over.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Han ()
Date: September 14, 2007 11:02

Weird. I registered yesterday afternoon without any difficulty whatsoever. I must have been just before the dam burst...

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: hoodooyouvoodoo ()
Date: September 14, 2007 12:11

When I go to the website this is all I get. Can anyone decipher this message please?

"This is default page for ahmettribute.com domain. Now this page is generated by Plesk for you. Please upload your own index.html file."

juiced up and sloppy

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 14, 2007 12:52

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Adrian-L Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > wouldn't be 'sold-out events' by any chance.
> > > heard thru a friend, that they're flogging
> > them,
> > > too
> >
> > No, it's not - not sure whether to post the
> link
> > on here or not. Don't want to give them
> publicity,
> > on the other hand maybe someone could 'shop'
> them
> > to Harvey!
>
> You give me their website address and I'll GLADLY
> do it !!

Just spoke with the Harvey Goldsmith Productions office in central London. They told me that they are indeed "aware" of all these agencies that have sprung up claiming to be able to sell you Zep tickets for this show, but that they said that the public need to be aware that these people DO NOT HAVE and WILL NEVER HAVE these tickets, so NOT to buy through them. The woman I spoke seemed very agitated and uncomfortable in talking to me and couldn't wait to finish the conversation, so I wasn't really able to push the point and ask her to explain HOW exactly HG Productions was going to live up this bold claim that "people might have paid (these agencies) the money but they ain't going to get the ticket,". She suggested I would be better off writing to the government, because without specific legislation to outlaw these kind of ticket reselling sites, she said there was little they could do. I nevertheless said that I'd prefer to address any complaints/correspondence to them - HG Productions, rather than our government, so here's the address. If anyone else feels like putting anything in writing to dear Mr Goldsmith & Co, please do so. I'm certainly gonna drop him/them a line.

Harvey Goldsmith Productions Ltd.

13/14 Margaret Street
London W1W 8RN
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44 207 224 1992
Fax: +44 207 224 0111

Website: [www.harveygoldsmith.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-14 13:09 by paulywaul.

Re: OT: Led Zep Press Conference @ O2 - 12 Sept. @ 4pm
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 14, 2007 12:59

Hooray, paulywaul!

BTW, has this Goldsmith guy ever been involved with Stones shows in recent years?


Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home