Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
AHHH!!
Posted by: MsTuesday ()
Date: August 21, 2007 05:36

Stones calling it quits

August 20, 2007 - 6:04 pm

Rumor has it that the current "Bigger Bang" tour will be the last one for the Stones. It's expected the boys will make the announcement this Sunday when they wrap up 2 years of constant tour. Insiders say the reason for packing it in is the guys age. Should they decide to tour again they would all be in their late 60's and apparently this is something they're not interested in doing.

-----------------

IS IT TRUE?!
IT CANT BE.

[[FEAR; BUILDS WALLS.]]

Re: AHHH!!
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 21, 2007 05:47

Time waits for no one.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 21, 2007 06:43

How does that aricle start again? "Rumor has it..." Well, there you have it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-21 06:43 by ryanpow.

Posted by: MsTuesday ()
Date: August 21, 2007 07:12

It didnt start out like that.

[[FEAR; BUILDS WALLS.]]

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 21, 2007 07:13

this may be it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or not.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:10

Probably the same source for all those different rumors. Bullshit

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:12

I think I've heard that one before ...

Jim

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:30

MsTuesday! you do something to me? i don't know what ?if it's the name or your comment's? but it's hot! Your mysterious? I guess that keeps the fire!

Re: Tours all over? All posts here please!
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 21, 2007 12:01

A good trick to help selling the last tickets, but also not a bad idea, and a news we should be prepared to hear/read.

I always wished the band to stop while they were at their "best"
They are one of the very best live acts ever, I think it would be a good idea to call it quits before the decline.

Digital Spy Says Stones to Quit
Posted by: sherer1 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 12:57

First time i've seen a quote or anothing offical from a "Source"

[www.digitalspy.co.uk]

See above link

Re: Digital Spy Says Stones to Quit
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 21, 2007 12:59

Utter b-sh*te.

Date: August 21, 2007 13:04

"Mick and Keith would be in their late 60s by the time they would be ready to rock once more" (from link above)

[www.bbking.com] [www.chuckberry.com] [www.billwyman.com]

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 21, 2007 13:09

This is old news, as Gazza said the article I posted on Sunday was a rehash of an article he had read on Friday in the Irish Mirror and since then various others have jumped on the band wagon ,I think their ages quoted in the same order and years plan kinda gives the game away .
As bv said all threads about this would be placed in the one large thread as its all the same article just reused usung same ''source ''

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: August 21, 2007 13:27

i thought BV said dont start any new threads relating to these topics and only add to existing one?..

Dog

Posted by: sherer1 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 13:32

sory about that not been to the board in a few weeks so my fault

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 21, 2007 14:25

hmm... nice way to promote their last shows of the tour. So they are not sold yet?...

- Doxa

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 21, 2007 15:04

bbking & chuckberry aren´t quite good in the last years....

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 21, 2007 15:39

Enjoy the last shows,its all over.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 21, 2007 16:02

bluesinc. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bbking & chuckberry aren´t quite good in the last
> years....

Yeah, better stop younger, before it's embarrassing

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: August 21, 2007 16:09

Doc Wrote:

> Yeah, better stop younger, before it's
> embarrassing

I think you're right. If they continue to long it will end in embarrasment. My feeling is, that it'll be all over sunday. Don't want it to be that way, but I don't want them to continue past the stage of embarrasment. I do believe they would like to continue, but they have to protect their legacy. If the stop now no one can say, that they didn't end on the top of the game. There has been some shows this year, which were not that good, but fortunately they seem to have pulled it together the past 3 weeks, so they will be able to go out with a bang and be remembered as the greatest rock'n'roll band.
Just wish they were 20 years younger :-)

Date: August 21, 2007 16:10

bluesinc. Wrote:
> bbking & chuckberry aren´t quite good in the last
> years....

Thats yer opinion.
But they sure tour ev'ry nite.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: August 21, 2007 19:28

Well, on the other hand, if the touring is finally over, then that can only mean one thing for fans -- finally we will hopefully see some releases from the VAULTS. I am convinced that the fact that they have been making such phenomenal money from touring is the reason why the Stones have all but ignored releasing old archival material in the CD era, while other top-tier acts of their generation have done quite handsomely mining the tape vaults and putting out tons of well-packaged, fan-friendly material -- box sets, unreleased concerts, whole series of releases. If income from touring is no longer an option for them, the only other revenue stream I see (other than merchandising or branding, like Rolling Stones telephones or apparel or some such, like many hip hop artists do) would be from releasing old Stones material from the vaults. I think the inclusion of "Too Many Cooks" on the new Jagger best-of could even be a slight hint that the Stones are getting ready to look in that direction. I never would have thought that particular track would ever come out, because of the people and the seemingly impossible amount of negotiations involved. But now, to my mind, there's no question the unreleased Stones stuff is going to come out someday, it's just a question of how long we will have to wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-21 19:29 by Turning To Gold.

Rolling Stones to Quit Road
Posted by: babablack ()
Date: August 22, 2007 00:50

Sorry if this has been done to death. i cant see a thread. There are about 10 articles on google news saying its all over come the O2 shows. they will continue as a studio band as a studio band apparently.

Re: Rolling Stones to Quit Road
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 22, 2007 01:20

One paper stealing from the other.
But nothing official!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 22, 2007 01:35

babablack Wrote:
> Sorry if this has been done to death. i cant see a
> thread. There are about 10 articles on google news
> saying its all over come the O2 shows. they will
> continue as a studio band as a studio band
> apparently.

How can you not see a thread? Thier has been nothing but threads about this the last 3 days. And those rumours are just as strong as the rumours that they will tour next year...............And I suppose these are the only kind of threads we'll see for the next year.

Posted by: nikki bong ()
Date: August 22, 2007 01:49

ain't no use in crying

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 22, 2007 01:59

even if it's "official" they can change their minds. Everyone alway$ doe$.

Posted by: babablack ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:05

unlike you sweetcharmed i dont spend all day on this site with my hand on my sausage.

given the effect this news would have on some peoples lives i thought i might post it asap rather than delay. there werent too many threads called "rolling stones to quit" when i posted it.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:08

Well maybe if you got your sausage out of your mouth and spent 5 seconds scrolling down half an inch.(the same size of your sausage) you might find it.

Posted by: shagra ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:53

It's been fun reading all the emails. I like the one from some guy in the US who lists all the small venues the Stones will play in 08 - lots in the US and all over the world and none in Canada? Don't think so. Michael Cohl is from Toronto so I think they'll be back in TO to rehearse and do a lot of big clubs (1000 or so) and hockey arenas (up to 20,000) with a bare bones stage and playing better than ever. Their small venues have been the best anyway and Mick doesn't have to work so hard.
Key shows in places like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, New York, LA, Chicago and London. I plan to be watching them in a club somewhere in TO when I'm in my 70s. I'm hoping they'll go full circle and end their days playing the blues. I'd love to see them record a double blues album - maybe one disc with standards (like Eric Clapton covered Robert Johnson) and another with their own blues standards (love Back of My Hand). I think Mick is one of the best harmonica players ever. He doesn't have to jump around - he can still sing. Rod Stewart got over throat cancer and he's still good.
Yep - no more huge tours. They don't need it - Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron - the best band ever, playing the blues until they drop.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home