Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Budapest show setlists and reports
Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: July 22, 2007 15:23

great pics! thank you for posting :-)

Posted by: Andithurts ()
Date: July 22, 2007 15:35

Great pics indeed. Ronnie looks bad.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 22, 2007 16:25

Bitches Brew Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just got back from Budapest. I hate all this
> Keith harrassing. In Budapest you could see that
> he was singing and playing from his heart, and
> that's more than enougf for me. I'll just say that
> the show was great, audience also even though it
> was +42C.

Just got home from Budapest too and I couldn't agree with you more!
Keith was great! Please stop going to the shows just to comment Keith!
Enjoy the show! for gods shake!
The show was great and it was 42 C!!!!
I was very pleased meeting Lorenz, Bitches Brew,Crawdady ,Adrinax and many others fans.
Hope to see you again guys at a show in the future ,Have fun for you rest of your shows in this tour!
Here are 2 links from my videos:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-22 17:19 by dimrstone.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 22, 2007 17:33

Adrinax Wrote:
> Bitches Brew, we were awfully close to each other,
> just on the opposite sides of the fence
> shame that we didn't grab some beer before/after
> the show smiling smiley

I saw some guys from Zagreb (keef84) and I asked them if they know you. We'll have that beer some other time :-)

Date: July 22, 2007 18:26

I was also wery pleased by meeting Keefed, Crawdady. Keef84 and Dimrstone(he was the only one I saw with IORR shirt on the show, if you don't count me)
More pictures:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-28 19:15 by Bitches Brew.

Date: July 22, 2007 18:28

crawdaddy and me

keffed(first one on left) and me

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: July 22, 2007 18:29

I thought the show was great. Actually I like incidents like on Rough Justice. Because that shows you that they do not just play on when the song ist wrecked from the beginning. They did that much more in 82 when they did not get into a song, but eventually played on and on until the song went tight.

Date: July 22, 2007 18:30

Here are two pics of Chuck Leavell outside Stone's Hotel the day before the show.

Date: July 22, 2007 18:39

And that's Keith in front of Athens (my hometown) Acropolis ha!

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: July 22, 2007 21:20

Reading the reviews of the show here...well one should think that people have witnessed totally different shows. Some say it's worst performance ever others that I was great!!!
What should I believe?
Don't think I wanna read anymore reviews before I go to the concert in August.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 22, 2007 22:27

svendborg: <Reading the reviews of the show here...well one should think that people have witnessed totally different shows. Some say it's worst performance ever others that I was great!!!
What should I believe? >

I was asking myself the same questions when I read the totally different reviews. I mean, a show can be bad or good or average, but whatever it is, you can always have a lot of fun at a Stones show. By looking at the various youtube clips from that show I guess it was not one of their best shows on this tour but if I had been there I'd probably have had a great time. Can't wait for the Scandinavian leg of the tour.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 23, 2007 03:30

Well, just got back from Budapest...

svendborg wrote:

"Reading the reviews of the show here...well one should think that people have witnessed totally different shows. Some say it's worst performance ever others that I was great!!!What should I believe? Don't think I wanna read anymore reviews before I go to the concert in August."

Nothing unusual, svendborg. I remember people having completely different opinions about Stones gigs since middle seventies! You know, after all it's a matter of taste.

My opinion: The Stones rocked, once again...

(A) THE BAND MUSICALLY/ ÌY IMPRESSIONS SONG BY SONG:

START ME UP: excellent loud opener, as usual. High energy.
YOU GOT ME ROCKING: sloppy Keith’s intro, the rest of the song much better.
ROUGH JUSTICE: Keith became “victim” of his own haste. Á haste that was obvious during the first songs. His intro- mistake on RJ affected the whole band’s performance, for a while. But only shortly… Ronnie’s job was the “key” for the clear song’s recovery.
RUBY TUESDAY: nice, solid version
YCAGWYW: Great version, nice Ronnie’s solo
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER: Mick seemed to be a bit startled by Keith’s haste (yes, once again!). Keith started playing fine, but he did it early. Mick had just started playing harmonica and he obviously was proposing to play it a bit longer, but, hey, one – two minutes later band’s good team work made “Rambler” the well known bursting song…
I’LL GO CRAZY: Lisa’s time…Nothing more, nothing less
TUMBLING DICE: It was almost faultless. In addition, it was the starting post for Keith’s real betterment.
YOU GOT THE SILVER: very good Ronnie’s play, very emotional Keith’s singing.
I WANNA HOLD YOU: Just OK on the first part, better on the second part.
MISS YOU: Well, i know many people want to kill me for saying that…Well, even me hate to saying that as i NEVER liked this song (believe me, when listen to Some Girls album i’m starting from #2 track)… But… But, ladies and gentlemen, this was best song’s version i have heard in years. The reason? Guitars much more louder and “mellow” than the usual, on this…
IORR: IMO on the entire ABB tour the song does sound really strong and the particular gig just confirmed this “rule”. Nice Keith’s solo.
SATISFACTION: strange, unusual Keith’s intro. Although i love “different things”, especially on “classic” songs, personally i didn’t like it. But i liked Keith’s solo. It was an welcome “reparation” to me…
HONKY TONK WOMEN, SFTD, PAINT IT BLACK: strongly played, good Keith’s solos on HTW and SFTD.
JUMPING JACK FLASH: Almaost perfect!
ÂÑÏWÍ SUGAR: not the best version i have heard, but not an weak one.

(cool smiley IN GENERAL TERMS, WHAT I LIKED AS FOR BAND’S PERFORMANCE:
Their solid elements: Çigh energy, high standards, good team spirit... The Stones i love are still the Stones i see and hear!

( C ) IN GENERAL TERMS, WHAT I DESLIKED AS FOR BAND’S PERFORMANCE:
In general terms? Actually, nothing... If i was taking three- four weak moments or three sloppy Keith’s intros on an entire Stones concert to heart, then i would have bad impressions even from 1981!

(D) AUDIENCE:
Really enthousiastic, from the first to the last concert’s minute. Remarkable number of young people.

(E) SPECIAL EMOTIONAL MOMENTS (TO ME)
Budapest gig was my girlfriend’s second Stones concert. She was in raptures! Now i’m sure: she is really a fan...

Thank you Budapest (BTW, what a city!). Thanks boys.

Posted by: Jon Lasa ()
Date: July 23, 2007 08:29

Hi all.

Thank you for the reviews and the great photos.

Date: July 24, 2007 00:53

stickydion Wrote:

>
> Nothing unusual, svendborg. I remember people
> having completely different opinions about Stones
> gigs since middle seventies! You know, after all
> it's a matter of taste.
>
> My opinion: The Stones rocked, once again...

Oh yes they rocked alright!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:26

...As usual.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:27

looks like cracks in the stadiums terracing.

not too safe looking.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 24, 2007 11:26

Got back from my Stones weekend in Budapest and Brno. Just a few words to review the show in Budapest.

Trust me, the show has been REALLY good. Keith looked much better than in the previous shows I've witnessed, and was indeed very aware of what he was doing, evidence being the re-start of the intro of Rough Justice. Actually, I can't understand why so many people have made such a big production out of this little mistake, which has anyway bee nicely fixed. This version of Rough Justice was very good. Also, Keith's solo in You Got Me Rocking wasn't exactly fluid, but so what? It rocked big time!

And we got Midnight Rambler!! "Everybody say OH YEAH!!!" screams Mick, and then once again it was white boys playing the blues like no other can...
Keith's set was very moving as well...

You Can't Always Get What You Want was played really well, I'LL Go Crazy was fantastic, as it was Tumbling Dice, with a very moving solo by Keith (while listening to it I became aware of what Gazza wrote about almost crying during a Keith's solo on that song).

The second part of the show was just as good, and the crowd was fantastic. The atmosphere in Budapest was so enjoyable, and it really was a wet (the crowd have constantly been provided with water) rock'n roll party! There was a festival feeling in it!!!

Last but not least, the Hungarian organization was excellent. I'm glad to highlight that, after witnessing the disaster in Rome and reading the reports from Bucharest! Gratulàlok, magyar baràtaim...!!!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 30, 2007 11:09

The place was almost full, reported :45-50.000, the Stones were GREAT, the audience was good, the reviews in media, newspapers etc. were extatic.This band can continue for years. Pure magic!!!!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 30, 2007 11:10

A lot of young peaple came to see them. They were shocked.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 30, 2007 15:53

Just got back from Prague after the Brno and Budapest gigs and great to see a pix of myself and bitches brew as well as keef.Thanks bitches brew for great company in the searing heat of Budapest.You got some great pix of the show!!!!The pix of me and you was taken at the Stones tribute band gig and I think that Keef84 was in that band. They were such good musicians and a brilliant show!!!Also saw dimrstone and his pals from Athens and Switzerland.It all made for a great couple of days in Budapest.Hope to see you all again!!!!!!!!!

Date: August 1, 2007 00:54

crawdaddy Wrote:
> Just got back from Prague after the Brno and
> Budapest gigs and great to see a pix of myself and
> bitches brew as well as keef.Thanks bitches brew
> for great company in the searing heat of
> Budapest.You got some great pix of the show!!!!The
> pix of me and you was taken at the Stones tribute
> band gig and I think that Keef84 was in that band.
> They were such good musicians and a brilliant
> show!!!Also saw dimrstone and his pals from Athens
> and Switzerland.It all made for a great couple of
> days in Budapest.Hope to see you all
> again!!!!!!!!!

Hi crawdaddy!
It was very nice meeting you!
Hope to see you all again too!!!!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home