Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
Keith this and Keith that ...
Posted by: capsula ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:39

Something is really wrong with Keith

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I saw the stones for the first time since 2003, and will see them again tomorrow. I must say that yesterday's setlist (Madrid) was great for me. I enjoyed a lot hearing she's so cold, sway, night time is the right time, all down the line... But, although Mick was fantastic, the sound was also fantastic, as a big fan (I consider myself that), at the end I didn't had a good feeling. The begining of the concert was sad. Keith was the first one to enter the stage. I remember him doing this in previous tours, and yesterday he walked (or tried to run) slow, withough energy. Also, saw keith in previous tours playing you got the silver. Saw him again yesterday. He sang really well, but without playing guitar, and he almost fell!!!. I was in the second row. Everybody said he was drunk. In my modest opinion, I think that he wasn't drunk (or not only drunk): his physical health is really bad. His movements and the expression of his face remembered me to those of people who have suffered a small stroke. He only tried to run once, and it was really sad. He begun the SFTD solo and he only played a few notes, stopping in the middle, showing his tongue, and acting like "I can't continue...". This happened in almost all the songs. Sadly, he made mistakes almost every time hi hitted the guitar. Even he didn't play (and, the most frigthening thing, he even wasn't in the stage) for the first two minutes of miss you. Doesn't this sound strange, Keith not being in the stage for part of a song?. I also noticed that Chuck Leavell was playing in many songs only chords, not arrangements: was he doing this in order to cover the absence of Keith, who was only playing from time to time, some chords, some notes?. For me, it seemed that everybody was acting like "nothing is happening, keith is keith". But I'm sure that they are worried, and that every show is a challenge to them. Keith seemed really old, really in bad health...I'm almost sure that tomorrow will be the last time I will see the stones live, and I don't have a good feeling. I already have the tickets, and I will atend the show. But It's sad to see Keith, "my hero", like this. I'm thinking that it has been a mistake to attend to shows of this tour, maybe it would have been better to have in my memory the last keith I saw, in 2003. It's really sad to see him in his actual shape...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-01 03:12 by bv.

Re: Something is really wrong with Keith
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:43

Here we go again........

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:45

Well you will probablu get bashed for your post but you are right IMO. Something is up with Keith. He is a totally different person this tour then the one i saw in 2006. Let's hope for the best!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:48

I'm not going to say anymore than this: Point proven!!!!!!!

Date: June 29, 2007 12:17

I was at the show, you are right. And i've seen lots of shows in 2006 and 2007, all of them were great, Keith was also great in Nijmegen and Paris this year, but yesterday was really bad exept the last three songs.

Posted by: ome peet ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:24

every time somebody starts a thread like this there are posters who say this is bashing, but it is not. I started a thread with the same title after i attended the Nijmegen show. I didn`t start it out of bashing buth out of concern. Also i don`t like to see my hero in the shape he is in now. The most concerning is that Keith`s off days outcount his on days and that the rest of the band seem to look after him on stage. He is now longer the man he used to be

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:27

He stands up on stage, ok? Stop this shitty threads.

Posted by: kizzbcn ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:31

I see the Stones past 21 in Barcelona, my 10 Stones show, and Keit was really great, I enjoyed You Got The Silver in Wembley on 1.999, but without guitar in Barcelona one week ago, Keith was really fine, intense, always Keith.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:33

That was what I've seen and said in FRA, too....! Sad but true!

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:42

Gangster-of-love Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was what I've seen and said in FRA, too....!
> Sad but true!

Hey! That's not Metallica message board! winking smiley

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:45

"He stands up on stage, ok? Stop this shitty threads." Really interesting post, there are interesting wax museums in different parts of the world... and, the fact is that keith had difficulties to be up on stage. He had difficulties to smile...

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:58

Ah - and where did you all go to medical school? Not Harvard - obviously. How energetic should a man of 63 be - running onto the stage. No - don't compare him with Jagger. He's an extraordinary case. How many 63 year olds do yo know, who play in a rock band - every second or third night... With a history as a druguser, a heavy drinking habbit - and who can still play guitar beautifully, sing like a crooner - but with soul, and run around on a stage? I know only one! It's Keith. So, yes he does get drunk sometimes. And sometimes he stumbles a bit. So woul I, with only one fifth of that amount of vodka in my tummy.
I suggest we all stop playing doctors and nurces. Well, NO!! It's OK in our bedrooms.

Date: June 29, 2007 12:58

"He had difficulties to smile..."

Gimme a break! Perhaps he wasn't in the mood! You haven't a clue!

He's a man in his mid sixties on a gruelling world wide tour what the hell else do you expect?

Re: Keith
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:00

>> Keith`s off days outcount his on days <<

what do you mean, omepeet? could you say specifically which you call "off days" and which you call "on days"?
i appreciate the difference between sincere concern, bashing and scare-mongering - all three of which we've seen around here the last couple of weeks -
but sincere concern doesn't mean one is immune to misinterpretation/exaggeration.

Date: June 29, 2007 13:03

"Keith`s off days outcount his on days"

Prove it?

Date: June 29, 2007 13:04

when offdays outnumber on days it's not called off days anymore.

Posted by: ome peet ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:05

i allready had a feeling this thread would turn into this...so I`m out of here

Date: June 29, 2007 13:08

"when offdays outnumber on days it's not called off days anymore."

prove it!

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:13

He was great in Lisbon and in really good mood. But he can`t no longer play Sympathy For the Devil. But he was great on satisfaction, JJF, Only Rock and Roll, Brown Sugar, he did a great intro on CYHMK much better than we can hear on the DVD in Madison Square Garden. He is not on is best shape, that`s for sure but we must enjoy what he still give to us and everything he gave.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:21

stillife Wrote:
> He was great in Lisbon and in really good mood.
> But he can`t no longer play Sympathy For the
> Devil. But he was great on satisfaction, JJF, Only
> Rock and Roll, Brown Sugar, he did a great intro
> on CYHMK much better than we can hear on the DVD
> in Madison Square Garden. He is not on is best
> shape, that`s for sure but we must enjoy what he
> still give to us and everything he gave.

That`s okey for me, and from the reviews I`ve read, it`s RW who is playing better and better.. I consider RS concert as a rock`n`roll show, the energy is what counts and that`s what they are able to deliver!

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:24

"But he can`t no longer play Sympathy For the Devil"

He could stick to the solo from the "At the MAX DVD" - a very good solo, not too difficult to play and would fit to his current ability.

Regarding of-days: Even the best paid footballplayers / sportsmen in general have their off-days, so why can't musicians have off-days?

Date: June 29, 2007 13:25

EXACTLY!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:28

stillife Wrote:
> He was great in Lisbon and in really good mood.
> But he can`t no longer play Sympathy For the
> Devil.

The solo in Sympathy For The Devil has been one of the highlights of the show in Paris!

Anyway, IF Keith's health is so bad nowadays, we should appreciate him even more for being able to still deliver performances such as the ones in Paris, Lyon, San Sebastian, Lisbon, Barcelona... and there are many more to come!

Go Keef!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-29 13:32 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:30

capsula Wrote:
The begining of the concert was sad.
> Keith was the first one to enter the stage. I
> remember him doing this in previous tours, and
> yesterday he walked (or tried to run) slow,
> withough energy.

wtf !?

what do you expect him to run like leopard every tour since 1962?
do you know His age?

your point is riciduclous.
I think it's something really wrong with you.

Keith is fine.

If you don't want to support him, stop letting him down = leave him alone.

Date: June 29, 2007 13:36

Good point. If you go to a gig expecting a problem you'll find one. I hate this assumption from a person with absolutely NO medical training that keiths had "suffered a small stroke".

Date: June 29, 2007 13:38

he definitely looks pretty unhealthy. (and before you ask, yes ive been FOS twice this summer already) those who dont realize that are blind - that is, unhealthy themselves.

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:41

This is why I assume it will be the last time

Date: June 29, 2007 13:42

"he definitely looks pretty unhealthy"

No shit Sherlock! KR looks unheathly......

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:43

Grrrrrr, it's just another chapter in the history we are seeing. As long as he is happy getting up there that's fine. If you don't like what he does when he's up there stay at home with your records (I'm sure you won't have got around to the idea of CD's yet) and make believe it's 1969.

Fkin stooopid debate.

If I was KR i would be sending a special gift of 'turd in a shoebox'.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:43

Keith's fine, folks. At least for an ex-junkie big boozer who had a brain operation last year he is ....

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home