Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: BIGGEST BANG DVD SET - give your review
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 30, 2007 03:13

got it and loving it
Austin show is the bomb !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2007 03:17

Yeah ... ain't it all a gooooooood thang...I Can't Be Satisfied...smokin'...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 30, 2007 03:22

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beautiful Moment.....
>
> Learning The Game....Austin Texas...Keith's take
> on Buddy's lessons of love.

look at woody he's really into it

Date: June 30, 2007 03:46

Strange moment...Austin Show

At around 1.20 into You Got Me Rockin' Keith
footage from up in audience boxes from different show.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: June 30, 2007 04:13

cbtaco19 wrote:
-------------------------------
>>I cannot get past Austin

I know what you mean. I live in Toronto and was able to buy the DVDs the day they were released here, June 12, so I've had time to view all four discs, and am enjoying them all, but I keep playing Disc 1, the Austin concert. It's awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Date: June 30, 2007 10:54

Magic moment...

Italian?...Reporter playing Satisfaction on whistle to Mick...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: salar ()
Date: June 30, 2007 13:43

me again...after watching the tremendous Austin show and the "it´s ok" mini-documentary of the Austin gig, I just saw the perl "It canT be satisfied"..an old kind of Howlin Wolf blus nr...yeah, man..this is how I love the Stones most...hanging around in the studio..talking to each other and then the song gets devoleped..first Mick trying to find the right slide guitar groove...flanked by keith...then Charly to follow, who seems to have so much fun during that song by the way,( seldom saw him laughing so much while playing drums), before Ronnys adding his part finaly...and then the song is totaly on..
Oh man, how do I love these guys watching them doing their work like this.
Now on with disc Nr.2..it must be Rio, I guess...

next exit Düsseldorf
Salar

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 30, 2007 14:55

wait for Salt of The Earth Disc 4

awesome Stonesy stuff

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 1, 2007 03:14

Yet another observation -- the sound quality on "Biggest Bang" is far superior to "Four Flicks". I'm listening/watching the DTS mix, which is just superb. I think the sound techs finally figured out how to present the band properly.

I've never heard the Stones just sound this good. Charlie's drums were brought down a bit from FF, and sound more natural. Bringing the guitars up was a prerequisite, and it's a blessing to hear Ronnie mixed equally with Keith.

"Midnight Rambler" from Rio is a revelation -- and I thought MSG 2003 was good. This version leaves it in the dust.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 1, 2007 03:28

the picture is great, it looks like HD and i dont even have HD, its stunning picture quality

Posted by: canadakeefan ()
Date: July 1, 2007 12:28

Yeah, this is a freakin great set......really can't agree with the FF comaparison, though...those performances just really moved me and were just like being there.... and I loved whatever the sound techs did. I am listening to the surround sound of BB, and it really doesn't compare, but I can't say I know enough about how they do it, just how it makes me feel. The Austin performance, though, is the best I have ever seen them do.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 1, 2007 17:12

I'm completely and utterly addicted to "Learning the Game" at the moment. Incredible! This is a classic Rolling Stones interpretation of the original... Like Let it Rock '78 is compared to the Berry original. They still can do it!

And moreover, this is were Keith shows he is still the riffmaster! See/hear him produce this licks and dominate the sound like unseen in a long while.

As to the original: what simple and recognisable lyrics they did back then. Whatever happened to songwriting?

"When you love her but she doesn't love you, that's when you're learning the game..."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2007 17:20

I got a US import given to me when in Portugal last week (for some reason only the documentary plays on my DVD player so Ive had to use my PC to watch the rest)

Managed to watch the documentary so far which is excellent and flicked through the others. pretty good so far.

However, I have to agree with what Limbostone says above. I just cant get past that version of "learning the game" from Austin. It is absolutely breathtaking in every way and one of the best things I've heard in a long time. An incredible vocal performance by Keith as well.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 2, 2007 07:24

I really enjoy the Bonus Features on Salt of the earth. Each one featuring charlie, keith ron and mick. They really capture each band members personality, while mainly being about the music. its really cool.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 2, 2007 07:50

I'm disapointed that they included material that most fans have already seen. HBO specials in the past and the Rio show here are reruns. They should dig deeper for ultimate versions instead of one whole show anyway. I already paid to see HBO and just purchased a boot DVD of the RIO show even though I saw it simocast in a Theater.I know these box sets could be better with a bit more effort.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 2, 2007 14:25

mighty stork Wrote:
> I'm disapointed that they included material that
> most fans have already seen. HBO specials in the
> past and the Rio show here are reruns. They should
> dig deeper for ultimate versions instead of one
> whole show anyway. I already paid to see HBO and
> just purchased a boot DVD of the RIO show even
> though I saw it simocast in a Theater.I know these
> box sets could be better with a bit more effort.

I cant see how you can say that "most" fans have already seen this stuff. HBO is a subscription channel which is only available in the US. Most Americans dont even get it, let alone Stones fans! (There's no HBO footage on this release anyway, but there was on Four Flicks. The inclusion of the MSG show on that release was actually a contractual obligation as part of the deal to broadcast the original show)

The Rio show was to the best of my knowledge televised live only in Brazil, was streamed on the internet and had a one night run in selected cinemas in the US . I doubt it was watched by most fans worldwide.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 2, 2007 14:30

actually what baffles me is that they choose a US only release of this while going into a european tour...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 2, 2007 19:15

hey i already had rio and japan and argentina and i still got it the first day

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 2, 2007 19:21

Rockman Wrote:
> Strange moment...Austin Show
>
> At around 1.20 into You Got Me Rockin' Keith
> footage from up in audience boxes from different
> show.....

I noticed that too...

I think it's the same show actually...it's just they used a clip of him still slashing away at the chords of YGMR...when in fact we hear him playing the solo. Not sure why they did that.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: July 2, 2007 22:49

I liked the Super bowl set up coverage, and especially what Keith says about the cheerleaders smiling smiley

Date: July 2, 2007 22:54

Justin wrote
I noticed that too... I think it's the same show actually

But But Keith is wearing a different jacket.......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 2, 2007 23:21

Rockman Wrote:
> Justin wrote
> I noticed that too... I think it's the same show
> actually
>
>
> But But Keith is wearing a different jacket.......

Hmm...I thought I saw him wearing the same green jacket....we'll have to check it...

One other moment they mixed up was during "Midnight Rambler" from China. At one point during the middle part of the song, Mick is walking over to the right wing of the stage and they insert a shot of him from later in the show singing, I think IORR, because out of nowhere he's wearing that headset/handsfree mic thing!

So, out of the blue, Mick is singing away and all of a sudden for just a second we see him have the headset--then it goes away. Totally weird.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1000
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home