Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Helter Reviews the entire BIGGEST BANG DVD box set in detail !!
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 12, 2007 00:34

Jimmie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here you have it for: € 36,24
>
> [www.axelmusic.com]
> 92?upd=1

Any experience with this shop?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 12, 2007 00:48

This review is really encouraging - so thank you kindly, HS. And come on now, get your ass to a show. It's about effing time, after all.

Posted by: TotalBB ()
Date: June 12, 2007 00:59

Jimmie Wrote:
> Here you have it for: € 36,24
>
> [www.axelmusic.com]
> 92?upd=1

Thanks, might order it, even if it's R1 and my dvd player won't play it. At least I can watch it on my PC.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: June 12, 2007 01:14

Lorenz Wrote:
> Jimmie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here you have it for: € 36,24
> >
> >
> [www.axelmusic.com]
>
> > 92?upd=1
>
> Any experience with this shop?

Yeah! they are really good. Good service and fast delivery.

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: June 12, 2007 01:52

See,now, my last experience with Tower was chasing some jerk with a nametag that read DOGMAN around the store, trying to get him to acknowledge that if I got that CD home and it was the Dick Clark censored version of Stagger Lee, I was bringing it back, period. Finally, he stopped and said, uh, like, you'll, like, have to, like, talk to, like, the manager, like, 'kay?

All things being equal, I'd rather deal with Amazon, no sales tax, a discount, quick delivery, have always compensated me well for a screw up, and best yet, I don't have to talk to anyone!

But I'm still going to Best Buy again tomorrow...I have a $5 coupon. Can't wait to see and hear this.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 12, 2007 02:02

Hi Helter,

Futureshop is a Canadian Electronics chain that was actually bought out by BestBuy, although there are now Best Buys in Canada, too. Futureshop was the only outlet that sold 4 Flicks when it came out and it appears they and Best Buy will be the only retailers for the Biggest Bang.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 12, 2007 02:08

Re: Helter Reviews the entire BIGGEST BANG DVD box set in detail !! new
Posted by: HelterSkelter (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2007 00:10

said....
"Yeah, that's it Max... I hope you look like Helena Christiansen (WICKED GAME - Chris Issak video) when I get to the bottom - lol... Take it easy, glad I can help...."

hmmmmmm

Helter,
A long time ago Keef said dont listen to the words, so I am not sure if those lyrics mean something I am not sure of ...
....so I only have 2 things to say;
and

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 12, 2007 02:28

Keith's Buddy Holly tribute, Learning the game, is a highlight worth mentioning with a smile.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:08

AHHHH, there's MY GIRL !!!(thanks Max's KC) How can Michael Hutchence - INXS singer (the late M. H.) walk away from that and into the arms of (the late) Paula Yates? Helena probably wanted me back so she told Michael to scram - sick of you SUICIDE BLONDE dude, Helter's my man, he even has me get on his sex slide !!! You gotta admit, she is like an 11 from 1 to 10, at least here, she doesn't look like this now but no need to bring that up..... Helena "wicked game" C., Come to Papa.....Great Shots man, some of the best I've seen of her !!

DEAR BEAST, yep, you have a point, I'd love to see a Buenos Aires show, they are so into it on the DVD's it's amazing, so entertaining and watching the Stones enjoy them is a pure treat.... Maybe I can make one of the last Euro shows, London would be great.... Paris would be great (and easy) but too late now (I was planning at one point)...

DGA35, thanks for the info....

doubledoor, I must admit that the Keith section is never a highlight with me. He did a nice LEARNING THE GAME in Austin I must admit. My fav Keiths are YOU GOT THE SILVER and BEFORE THEY MAKE ME RUN. I'd like to see Ronnie get one or two slots, that would be great...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 12, 2007 10:36

It sounds fantastic, and I can't wait to get it. I would say that with this box, the Scorcese film of the Beacon shows, and the Saitama boot (so that you have at least one complete show that you know is not edited or overdubbed), we can all be happy.

Re: BIGGEST BANG DVD SET - leave your review
Date: June 12, 2007 21:15

Now that everyone in the US is getting it what do you think?

Re: BIGGEST BANG DVD SET - give your review
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 12, 2007 21:51

Helter wrote: AUSTIN: The mix is top notch even if it's not my favorite set list. I was a bit disappointed with SWAY because it sounds like they weren't 100% confident playing it - a Cautious version IMO. On the other hand BOB WILLS IS STILL KING sounds like they've been playing it for years. Jagger does a great country accent on it without going over the top. UNDER MY THUMB is very nice, a very tight version.

Helter...Just finishing up disk one right now...and i agree with your
review (so far)....except I won't say Jagger does a "great" country
accent but agree that it was not too over-the-top.

I'm loving the 5.1 surround, camera angles & camera edits......and
the fact that it's 16:9. Nicely done...feels like I'm there.

Reminds me of the Bridges to Babylon show I attended in Madison
Wisconsin (Oct 97). Same feel to me.

Time for Disk 2...Brown Sugar just ended. Wait...I'll watch the mini-doc.

*Can't be satisfied is great!

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-12 22:03 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 12, 2007 22:14

I think it's fantastic. I watched the Austin concert last night and it truly blew me away. The performance is very good and the superb mixing makes it sound as powerful a live record as any I have heard. The guitars sound, in particular, is quite riveting. Some rather aggressive overdubbing might have helped quite a bit (the show is immeasurably better than anything else I have seen on this tour), but my rule of thumb on these matters is analogous to the old wisdom about fake tits: it's real if I can hear it.

The Salt of the Earth documentary rambles rather aimlessly, but it does contain a number of interesting nuggets - particularly about the logistics of the tour. While the documentary in 4 Flicks was focused mostly on the preparation of the tour, this one is on the behind the scenes work required to make everything go smoothly. A bit repetitive and esoteric for the casual fan, but the casual fan probably won't buy the dvd anyway.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 12, 2007 22:23

Disc 1 is the best stones filmed concert since AT THE MAX. The way its filmed, and the clarity are very similar.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 12, 2007 22:36

Maybe this has been addressed already, but does anyone have any idea as to why YOU GOT THE SILVER was left off this DVD set? That was one of the highlights for me at the Seattle show.

Posted by: MICK_JAGGER ()
Date: June 12, 2007 22:51

just popped the rio disc in...HOLLY CRAP! the dvd menu alone basically had me peeing my pants, that was the most intense ride, i stopped breathing for a sec...rio was gooooodd,

but..is there..like..an echo to the sound? or do i just need to play around with the sound

Date: June 12, 2007 23:01

Watching the Rio Show now....totally different feel than Austin.

Rio was Feb 2006 and Austin was Oct 2006......Keith appears to
have aged very rapidly in those 8 months. wow!

Helter wrote: "RIO - Very nice, we've all seen it.... Now the sound has a 5 star mix on it. "

This is the first time I've seen it other than a few random clips
from YouTube. Almost saw the limited screening in movie theaters (Feb '06).
Same video edit as the theater & bootleg versions?

Midnight Rambler is playing........got to go...

Date: June 12, 2007 23:03

i don't hear an echo.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: June 12, 2007 23:12

What is the release date in europe?

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: June 12, 2007 23:15

Rough Justice in Rio is good! Good performance and fun video.

The whole Rio B-stage was excellent!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-12 23:17 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 12, 2007 23:33

why do they always leave songs out of the shows? It would be nice to get an entire show, professionally shot, rather than on bootleg.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: June 13, 2007 00:50

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-31 03:40 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 13, 2007 00:52

smiling smileyH Bsmiling smileyY!!!! I finally have my own ...and .....from the little I have seen...
I 2nd what Helter said to start with.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: June 13, 2007 00:54

I bought mine on Sunday at the Best Buy in Dayton, Ohio after my golf game. Huge display of everything Stones right when I walked in the door. It cost half what my golf game cost, and the way I played Sunday, it was definitely a better bargain.

I love the DVD, of course. I always love to watch Stones footage, my one great weakness. I'm easy to please, I can't believe they are still together and on the road. How beautiful is that?

Posted by: MICK_JAGGER ()
Date: June 13, 2007 01:47

ha!...fixed the echo..had it on the wrong sound setting, sounds AMAZING NOW! holy eff...crisp clear, no noise, no echo, perfect,now on to the next disc!(saving austin for last as a finale of sorts)

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: June 13, 2007 02:07

I live in Toronto and just bought the DVD at Best Buy this afternoon. Because of other commitments, I have only been able to watch Disc 1 so far. Wow. I am very impressed. Very very impressed. I saw the Stones twice on the BB Tour and watching Disc 1 is just fabulous. Looking forward to viewing the other three.

Date: June 13, 2007 03:43

Glad to see everyone likes it so much... it really is mind - blowing (or, as Paris Hilton would say, "That's Hot !!")

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 04:40

Love the Austin disc...just like being there...which I was...and yep I show up on the screen too!

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: June 13, 2007 06:02

Heres my review

Austin: This Disc is absolutely amazing. Its like I was there. The sound is spectacular and the Video is amazing. The Band was absolutely on fire. This was probably one of the best shows from the ABB tour. Kind of disappointed that they left out a couple of songs. All in all a great disc.

Rio: Most everyone has seen it before. The sound is better than on the bootleg version. The Documentary is cool but kind of boring. The show was good but it looked like they were playing a little scared.

Disc 3: The Rest of the world disc is a cool addition to this DVD Set. Its cool to look at the shear Joy the Fans get out of seeing the stones in other countries. Good song selection.

Salt Of The Earth: The documentary is amazing. It goes behind the scenes at the superbowl, and many other shows.

All in all this is a must have for every stones fan.

My Blog
[stonesrockforever.blogspot.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 13, 2007 06:17

got it tonite, started with disc four documentary, just great plus the bonus footage is even better

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home