Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: We are blessed
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:19

So Dylan fans must be in heaven. Small venues, low prices (too low?), setlists,...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:25

You said that you were a fan until Brian's death. Then got back into them in 2002. There is some great undiscovered treasure in between. "No-brainer" meaning obvious - just making a joke. winking smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: brainer ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:37

Your right it's a treasure and when i hear you all talk about the bootlegs , my god!BTW "Brainer ", has nothing to do with brain ,we have names like this in europe.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:41

TooTough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I´m happy to spoil this thread. I feel treated
> like shit with my
> platinum membership. The Stones don´t seem to want
> us in the
> first rows. That´s a shame. And I blame the Stones
> for that.
>
>
> Sometimes anger is bigger than other sentiments.

And I'm with you on this one, sir! It'd be nice if they'd released a half-way decent album in the last eighteen years, but hey, it's only rock'n'roll, right?

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:43

Nikolai Wrote:
> TooTough Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I´m happy to spoil this thread. I feel treated
> > like shit with my
> > platinum membership. The Stones don´t seem to
> want
> > us in the
> > first rows. That´s a shame. And I blame the
> Stones
> > for that.
> >
> >
> > Sometimes anger is bigger than other
> sentiments.
>
>
> And I'm with you on this one, sir! It'd be nice
> if they'd released a half-way decent album in the
> last eighteen years, but hey, it's only
> rock'n'roll, right?

GOOD LORD! You'd better take that back or the Forum Fan Police will give you a whipping like I got!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 30, 2007 00:49

Amen.

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: March 30, 2007 01:27

Blessed? Iam blessed with a bunch of kids. And yeah sure Its great that my all time favourite band is on the move,but blessed? Sounds scary, IORR man.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 30, 2007 01:56

I think blessed is the absolute right word when speaking of what this band has meant to me and how much joy they've brought to me; I can only speal=k for myself but there's no doubt in my mind that the experiences I've had because of the Stones, the thrills, the people I've met on the road and the places I'd never have visited if not for the Stones are priceless, all memories I treasure. Yes, this sounds like a MASTERCARD commercial but I have been feeling a bit sad when I realize it all will end one day. When I'm at a Rolling Stones concert I am in the moment, completely. I look all around at the crowd, I look at individuals who aren't aware that I'm watching them and I see such joy on their faces! Amazing joy! When the lights go out and I know that in a few seconds this band that I've personally followed for over 40 years will be a few feet away from me, I STILL get chills! No drug has ever gotten me higher! The rush is what's it's all about. I know that not everyone feels that way and that's a shame really. I KNOW when I'm watching the Stones live that I am witnessing history, a piece of rock history that will never come again. I'm sorry about some of the whining I've done, I'm not one of those fans without fault! My whining has usually been due to frustration and what I've seen as unfair distribution of the best seats. I can't change THAT but it has never stopped me from getting to my shows and it has NOT taken away one ounce of pleasure!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 30, 2007 02:04

I've been a fan of the Stones for over 30 years, travelled to many countries to see them on dozens of occasions, have collected their records for decades and generally spent a fortune on them - more than what is sensible. I realise that no one's made me do that - I've done it because I wanted to and because of the enjoyment I get out of it.

Like many fans I dont need a lecture on loyalty and an appreciation on how much enjoyment the band's music has given me in that time and still does.

That doesnt mean to say I have to think the sun shines out of their arses and they dont deserve an occasional bit of criticism for treating people who love their work very shabbily.

The two sentiments arent mutually exclusive.

'Blessed' ? Well, Nelson put the word in its true perspective above. The Stones'[ music is a big deal to me but there are other more important things

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-30 02:10 by Gazza.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: March 30, 2007 02:12

This might have been put in before...so I tread with furclad paws: "Blessed Poison" anyone?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 30, 2007 02:55

Just to throw my 2 cents in. At this point yes we are very fortunate to still be able to talk about The Rolling Stones. No one needs to defend themselves on their level of fandom. Whether you are a superfan,or casual fan. The fact that you are a fan is enough. Like Gazza said, that does not mean that they are above criticism,or that you have to kiss both sides of thier asses. Some of the business practices really leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. But as has been pointed out many times. No one is forced to do anything.
Yes there are far more important things in life. But simply put. For me,their are very few things in life that give me as much pure genuine pleasure as listening to Rolling Stones music.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 30, 2007 03:02

well put. Id agree with all of that

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 30, 2007 05:40

Gazza Wrote:
> well put. Id agree with all of that

TY

Posted by: voodoocat ()
Date: March 30, 2007 05:58

well said.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 30, 2007 07:20

I still get the feeling of excitement everytime I'm there and they're taking the stage. I f-ing love it!

Posted by: sweetladyjane ()
Date: March 30, 2007 07:38

Each time I see them perform I'm filled with a deep sense of gratitude that I was fortunate enough to be alive and on this planet at the same time as the Stones. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not grateful for the 40 years of music history that I've experienced.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 30, 2007 08:07

Gazza, again you put thing in the right proportions

Date: March 30, 2007 09:05

boston2006 Wrote:
> Heres more on the same subject
>
> [www.iorr.org]

Hear Hear Boston! Didn't mean to repeat the same subject, but that happens all the time here anyway huh? At least this is a positive message rather than "redundant whining"....

I missed your original thread when you first posted it...you know, I think I was at a Stones show that day! smiling smiley

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: March 30, 2007 11:23

"44 years rush on by, birthdays, kids and suicides"

Date: March 31, 2007 08:06

Yes everyone, we are all truly blessed!
smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home