Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
We are blessed
Date: March 29, 2007 10:15

I read though threads and posts and hear (read) it all...

Tickets cost too much...
Ticket sales too slow...
Seat locations not front row...
Same ol' setlists...
etc, etc, etc...

Folks, let's just all be happy they are still alive and play for us...

It's a miracle in itself when you really think about it...
Survivors

Even if I saw them only one more time, had the last seat in the last row of the furthest away upper deck and they only played SMU, TD, HTW, JJF, Sugar, Satisfaction & IORR and each song was a ten minute version, I still feel blessed I was there.

Enjoy the tour, as I will, and let's not take these guys for granted and appreciate whatever it is they offer up as it is what it is and will be as long as it will.

smiling smiley

Re: We are blessed
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 29, 2007 10:21

Thank you Rolling Stones!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: March 29, 2007 10:29

Nice sentiment. Yes it is hard to believe these guys started out forty five years ago and are still going strong. Think about all the changes the music world and the world in general have seen in the last forty five years.

We should be grateful not only for the Stones but for all the old rockers that are still alive and kicking. The Stones, Macca, Dylan, Springsteen etc.. What a dismal place the music world would be if these old timers weren't still around.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 29, 2007 10:33

NumberOneStonesFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read though threads and posts and hear (read) it
> all...
>
> Tickets cost too much...
> Ticket sales too slow...
> Seat locations not front row...
> Same ol' setlists...
> etc, etc, etc...
>
> Folks, let's just all be happy they are still
> alive and play for us...
>
> It's a miracle in itself when you really think
> about it...
> Survivors
>
> Even if I saw them only one more time, had the
> last seat in the last row of the furthest away
> upper deck and they only played SMU, TD, HTW, JJF,
> Sugar, Satisfaction & IORR and each song was a ten
> minute version, I still feel blessed I was there.
>
> Enjoy the tour, as I will, and let's not take
> these guys for granted and appreciate whatever it
> is they offer up as it is what it is and will be
> as long as it will.
>
> smiling smiley

ABSOLUTELY. I have ALWAYS maintained this very line, it's nothing short of a miracle and every single time they step out and rock our socks off as only they do ... we should give thanks and celebrate.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 29, 2007 11:12

~*YEAH!*~
hail hail Rolling Stones

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: March 29, 2007 11:18

I agree! I`m so tired of all this whining and moaning! Thank you, NumberOneStonesFan.

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 29, 2007 11:25

To all the fans who stand by the stones,the rest of them can fade away.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 29, 2007 12:32

Yes it's a blessing that they are still on the road...45 years of R&R..quite something,
it should be possible to discuss things around their tour organization though, unless this is a 1984-type-of-board.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 29, 2007 12:47

The Stones' music makes me happy very often, and of course I am glad that they are still alive. Yet I am not happy with the way this current tour is manged at times. The Stones have rocked their fans for decades, thankyou Stones, but the fans have rocked the Stones for decades as well, the band certainly is getting lots of kicks through cheering crowds. The greatest band has to live with the highest expectations, I will always expect more from the Stones than from any other band. So once again, I expect more than an autopilot show, and I am looking forward to the next summer!

Date: March 29, 2007 13:01

...And it's not only the 4 guys, or should I say 15?, in Rolling Stones that's going to play gigs, this is a major tour with big business involved, and we are (supposed to be) the customers.
It's not like we're throwing rocks at the Stones themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-29 13:32 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 29, 2007 13:25

Been raining sonic blessing on us for years....Good for the body and the soul...

BBC Photo Library

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 29, 2007 13:47

I´m happy to spoil this thread. I feel treated like shit with my
platinum membership. The Stones don´t seem to want us in the
first rows. That´s a shame. And I blame the Stones for that.

Sometimes anger is bigger than other sentiments.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 29, 2007 14:07

hail to the stones, for emptying my pocket and then play for a two hours guaranteed bum note fest!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 29, 2007 14:22

"two hours guaranteed bum note fest!" Rock n Roll bargain mate so feel proud!

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: March 29, 2007 14:34

Imagine the peope in 25 years... Who will be their long lasting heroes? Will anybody listen to the Rolling Stones?

Yes we are blessed...

Jelle

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 29, 2007 16:12

Heres more on the same subject

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 29, 2007 16:15

NOSF - you said it, bro. Enjoy 'em while you can.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 29, 2007 18:11

NumberOneStonesFan, i have the same sentiments. The Stones is a miracle.

As for some blames:

(A) "Tickets cost too much..."

To be honest, in many cases they cost too much, indeed...

(cool smiley "Ticket sales too slow..."

Oh, i'm tired of hearing bad predictions before the gigs. And afterwards the Stones are playing in packed (or almost) venues. The same, boring story...

(C) "Seat locations not front row..."

To be honest, i don't like it. But i believe that every concert's atmosphere depends basically on audience's mood. Not on how the venue is shaped. EVERYONE STAND UP, PLEASE! If someone says "hey, mister, i can't see the stage because i'm siting", you know the ONLY right answer: "Mister, stand up. If you haven't noticed, here is a Stones concert. Feel it, or leave it..."

(D) "Same setlists..."

I'm tired of this old discussion, really.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 29, 2007 18:17

thank you to the rolling stones....they are still the best!

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: March 29, 2007 18:26

See, this is the kind of sentiment I like hearing from people. It has never made sense to me why people would want to complain about what they call their favorite band. Why would you do that? You take something that you at one point in your life loved, or continue to love, and then all of a sudden you're ripping it apart. It is the voice of a spoiled-fanbase to have people saying: "I'm tired of them playing this one song over again." Usually this is said by people who have been to upwards of 10, 20, 50 shows. Well you're probably saying that because you've heard them play it 10, 20, 50 times. It's not the band that's getting stale - it's you. And as for people saying that they've lost their game, or they're showing signs of slowing down and losing their edge - how did you know their game in the first place? Keith himself has said that The Rolling Stones of today are not The Rolling Stones of 1972, studio-wise or live-wise. That in no way says they have gotten worse, only different. Quite personally, I would not want to hear The Rolling Stones of 1972 in 2007, because it doesn't show progress as a human being. People change, they age, their abilities vary, their sense of what they can do, however, does not. People spend too much time looking at a select period of time (usually 1968-1972) and saying, well now that was their best period. You're taking a period of time and removing it from the context of what is now a 45-year career. That's shameful to do. I prefer to look at it as a whole. And what a life they've lived and continue to live. Their achievements, the places they've seen, the people they've met, the memories they've made. I rarely hear people on this board comment on those types of things - the simple marvel they are as human beings. The thrill of going on stage. The experience of that life.

Here's something for you: "God doesn't mind a bum note." That's a quote that I took from one of my Voice & Speech texts. For some reason, people seem to mind that a note was missed, or that a song like IORR "just doesn't do it for them anymore." For every person who says that, I'm certain, without a shred of doubt, that there are 500 people who say "it does it for me," or who could give a rat's ass about bum notes.

Because you're seeing The Rolling Stones in concert. You're a part of history. They still rock. And if you think otherwise it's because you're incapable of developing as a human being. You refuse to yield to change, or face the tide that comes in with every new year. You're getting older just as they are, and you will change, as they have. They've lived a miraculous and fascinating life. Their music is a contribution to our identity as individuals, as nations, as the human race. That is more valuable that some chump saying, "well, they've been better."

If you're part of that group that says those kinds of things, hand your ticket over to someone else. They'll enjoy the show more than you, with the rest of us.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 29, 2007 18:31

Words of wisdom, Jumpin'JackFrash!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 29, 2007 18:38

jjf...great ....and i agree with you..well said...i think for many fans they are stuck in a time warp...when they 1st got into them.. ie. let it bleed or exile
or dirty works albums and they only think that period of time is great and they dislike todays stones...wow they arn't the same? THANK GOD the stones are not the same as they were in 1963 or 1968, 1973 or 1989....what would it be like if every album had the same sound as their 1st album....well very boring...

the stones were the very best band in the land in 1963 and they are still the very best in 2007....they still know how to rock and ROLL......!

Date: March 29, 2007 19:16

Is this a discussion about the setlist complaints or complaints about how the tour/ticket sales are organized ?
There's a big difference

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 29, 2007 19:26

i didn't think it was a discussion of complaints at all!
i thought it was a thread about feeling blessed to be witnessing the greatest band in the history of everything -
which isn't the same as pretending everything is perfect.
hell, at Sinai folks griped about the food and dust! and they didn't like the sound effects either. :E

the complaints will go on as they always do -
it just feels good to feel good on a thread or two too.
after all: that's what it's for

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-29 20:14 by with sssoul.

Date: March 29, 2007 19:29

I'm always "Happy" when at a Rolling Stones show.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: March 29, 2007 19:34

OK, thanks with Sssoul, that clears things up.
Of course we love to be witnessing a Stones show..otherwise we wouldn't be frustrated when not finding tix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-29 19:37 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: brainer ()
Date: March 29, 2007 20:08

I was a stones fan till the death of brain , i didn't care for their music till around 2002 when I realized "They are still playing". When i heared ABB there was this old fever again and here i am , a fan again.Yes we must be blessed!!!

Posted by: voodoocat ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:02

I think we all have mixed emotions about the specifics of each show we've seen. setlists, songs we wanted to hear etc, but for me all that seems to evaporate when the boys do their final bow. Seeing M, K, C and R standing together in a line- sweaty, smiling after rocking out for 2+ hours, I cant help but feel a sense of history and I always get the feeling that they never lost their sense of humor and that they still enpjoy playing together. Thank the RnR God there still doing it.

Date: March 29, 2007 21:04

brainer, welcome back. Re-discovering the Taylor years is a "no-brainer". winking smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: brainer ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:12

What you mean Elmo? BTW after 1 month i found out that i wrote BRIANs name wrong!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home