Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: a historical SHOW: Keith playing 3 songs in Vancouver !!
Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:07

if you have nothing to get excited because you don't appreciate it than get the hell out of this thread & don't come back
what a troll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-26 09:08 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:14

Hey hot head, Jagger's the singer, not Keith.... Maybe Jagger should give Ronnie 2 slots and Lisa a solo number (that way Jagger can only do 13 - 14 songs and slack even more) Why don't you remember how much the tickets cost? They're not EXACTLY cheap (and don't tell me to get of the thread...learn what freedom of speech and opinion is please)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-26 09:32 by MicksBrain.

Date: November 26, 2006 09:16

A twenty song set with three Richards lead vocals surely beats a 19 or 18 song set with two of them.21 songs with three by KR seems like the way to go for any future shows.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:16

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing to get excited about Piotr, Jagger's the
> singer and to make the show hit 20 songs he has to
> have Keith do 1 more? I mean, Jagger couldn't do a
> 3 minute AS TEARS GO BY after STREETS OF LOVE? I
> find this kinda sad, not exciting....A BIGGER
> BANG? I don't think so....

???? PoliceBrain you might want to cool off
thanks Piotr and I agree with you as this is in all evidence an historical news
as for your cooling interpretation PoliceBrain the spot in the setlist for whom you mentioned ATGB was occupied by...Shine a light, not the type of song Jagger would choose to sing if he "couldn't do...", dont you think?
Again, PiotrRSpl, i share your "mesmerriment" and just speculate if they (the glimmers) might have sang together Connection, as is on record....
please more details about this historical event!

Date: November 26, 2006 09:24

No, it was occupied by STREETS OF LOVE, SHINE A LIGHT is too uptempo and Jagger thinks 2 mellow ones is 1 too many..... Give Ronnie a slot too then, fine with me. You guys are such FANATICS that if the Stones played for only 30 minutes and did 8 songs per concert you'd find a way to twist tha into a positve...check into this thing called REALITY when you have a chance, it's interesting......

REALITY CHECK: In 1969 I paid $5.50 to see them do 14 songs - Jagger sang on all of them. How much is a ticket today for Jagger singing 17 songs (3 more than 1969)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-26 09:35 by MicksBrain.

Date: November 26, 2006 09:35

I have never been in favor of the Stones cutting back their concerts.This move expanded the set list versus 75% of the shows on the fall tour which consisted of 18 or 19 songs and versus the prior show in Los Angeles.If Jagger's voice can no longer handle more than 17 songs or if he won't sing more than 17 on a semi-consistent basis for some other reason,I'm glad to see Richards step it up.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:36

SAL is considered a "now we slow down a bit for you..." by mick, that is patent, and ok so the ATGB place was occupied by SOL, and SAL was in the spot of... SOL
duh! so what? As I check reality you might want to check what you eat, drink or smoke

Date: November 26, 2006 09:51

Huh?

Drink: liquids
Eat: food
Smoke: air

Checked and approved....what are you TALKING about? The Stones keep this up and they'll be lucky to fill up an arena a year from now...I think the cancelation of Honolulu and the snail slow sales of Dodgers Stadium proved that - the public is getting very weary.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:51

Yep!! that's it 3 of 'em You Got The Silver.... Slipping Away....Connection..

Photo - Dave Hogan

Thanks Keith...keep 'em comin' when ya ready
TAKE CARE

ROCKMAN

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:57

Why is he singing Connection by himself? The Glimmer Twins sang that together and the few solo lines in the verses were sung by Mick.

And I'd love to hear Ronnie do a solo tune like Infekshun or do one where he duets with either Mick or Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-26 09:59 by it's_all_wrong.

Date: November 26, 2006 09:57

Rockman always shows up to lighten things up....now you got me laughing, good one !!!

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:58

And soon.....the Winos will return to the road and Keith will be singing LOTS more! He's just warming up! Go, Keith, go!!

And...great picture! Got one where he holds up 4?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 26, 2006 09:59

That's a great photo of Keith - thank you, Rockman!

Date: November 26, 2006 09:59

3 Keeferz?? Dang, I coulda gone to the bathrroom constipated and got more food and drinks after and been back in time for the B-stage set!!
winking smiley

Date: November 26, 2006 10:09

NumberOneStonesFan Wrote:
> 3 Keeferz?? Dang, I coulda gone to the bathrroom
> constipated and got more food and drinks after and
> been back in time for the B-stage set!!
> winking smiley

Even a short line at the urinal and a quick stop for more beer and still could have made it back in time...LOL

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 26, 2006 10:12

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Huh?
>
> Drink: liquids
> Eat: food
> Smoke: air
>
> Checked and approved....what are you TALKING
> about? The Stones keep this up and they'll be
> lucky to fill up an arena a year from now...I
> think the cancelation of Honolulu and the snail
> slow sales of Dodgers Stadium proved that - the
> public is getting very weary.....

Yeah Mick but LA ended up being packed to the rafters. Trust me I was there. as for Keith doing 3 songs , cool why not? These shows have become too predictable, and formulaic. Shake it up.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2006 10:21

AAAhhhh jeez Keith FIVE maybe SIX every show!!!...what da fuckam I gonna do....jog on da spot?

Time Life Pictures

ROCKMAN

Date: November 26, 2006 10:25

I don't have a problem with Keith doing 3 at all. I think Ronnie should get a slot for a number (I have all his stuff on CD and Vinyl, he's great) and Lisa should maybe do GIMME SHELTER solo, that would be nice, she has a great voice. My beef is Jagger shouldn't drop below 18 songs for him to sing. If he wants to start cutting back then cut back on the ticket prices. In 1994 in Miami (Voodoo Lounge Tour) they played 27 songs (2 Keith solos, 3 slow ones - DEAD FLOWERS, SWEET VIRGINIA, ANGIE). I went to the LA shows for that tour and tickets were MUCH lower (can't remember the exact price but it was LOW compared to now)... The public is starting to feel ripped off, I think that's obvious....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 26, 2006 10:37

MicksBrain Wrote:
> I don't have a problem with Keith doing 3 at all.
> I think Ronnie should get a slot for a number (I
> have all his stuff on CD and Vinyl, he's great)

That would indeed be awesome. Always wished for something like that. A section with a Ronnie song (Ronnie singing too) and then 2 Keef songs.

> and Lisa should maybe do GIMME SHELTER solo, that
> would be nice, she has a great voice.

Not a Stone. No solo song.

> My beef is
> Jagger shouldn't drop below 18 songs for him to
> sing. If he wants to start cutting back then cut
> back on the ticket prices. In 1994 in Miami
> (Voodoo Lounge Tour) they played 27 songs (2 Keith
> solos, 3 slow ones - DEAD FLOWERS, SWEET VIRGINIA,
> ANGIE). I went to the LA shows for that tour and
> tickets were MUCH lower (can't remember the exact
> price but it was LOW compared to now)... The
> public is starting to feel ripped off, I think
> that's obvious....

Blah blah blah.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Vintage Rattler ()
Date: November 26, 2006 10:45

It\'s only rock \'n\' roll, and it\'s 20 instead of 19 now, so I\'m HAPPY!!

Date: November 26, 2006 10:59

Yeah but we're all forgetting who has the unique, great voice in the band. Why not have Keith come out as opening act and do a 45 minute set of solo and Stones songs? When I go to a Stones concert I want to hear Mick belting out the songs, not up there acting as a guest artist. Can you imagine (back in the day) going to a Zeppelin concert and having Jimmy Page singing 10% of the songs - would have NEVER happened (he was lucky to get to harmonize on WHOLE LOTTA LOVE)

IT'S THE SINGER (Not The Song)

Date: November 26, 2006 11:05

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Yeah but we're all forgetting who has the unique,
> great voice in the band. Why not have Keith come
> out as opening act and do a 45 minute set of solo
> and Stones songs? When I go to a Stones concert I
> want to hear Mick belting out the songs, not up
> there acting as a guest artist. Can you imagine
> (back in the day) going to a Zeppelin concert and
> having Jimmy Page singing 10% of the songs - would
> have NEVER happened (he was lucky to get to
> harmonize on WHOLE LOTTA LOVE)
>
> IT'S THE SINGER (Not The Song)

That's so wrong. Absolute BS to say that it's the singer, not the song. We're not forgetting who the frontman is at all. We're just happy that Keef got to do 3 songs. Half full glass vs half empty glass discussion all over again. Keith would never top Mick as a frontman. That we can agree on. But be happy for the man.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 26, 2006 11:11

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> We're just happy that Keef got
> to do 3 songs. Half full glass vs half empty glass
> discussion all over again. Keith would never top
> Mick as a frontman. That we can agree on. But be
> happy for the man.
Well said JKF

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 26, 2006 11:12

Yeah Kent, and I think 3 are fine...as long as Jagger doesn't start subtracting more and more of his vocals/songs....I can see that happening. Look, have them start doing Arena tours and cut down on the prices slightly and I'll shut up. I'm NEVER gonna stick up for "Less is More", be it the Stones or McDonalds. They cut back on the size of their shakes and I'm done eating there 3 times a day, color me gone - lol.....

Date: November 26, 2006 11:28

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Yeah Kent, and I think 3 are fine...as long as
> Jagger doesn't start subtracting more and more of
> his vocals/songs....I can see that happening.

Sure. There is a limit, but I don't think they rached that yet.

> Look, have them start doing Arena tours and cut
> down on the prices slightly and I'll shut up.

Of course that would be great, but waddaya gonna do? We have no control.

> I'm
> NEVER gonna stick up for "Less is More", be it the
> Stones or McDonalds. They cut back on the size of
> their shakes and I'm done eating there 3 times a
> day, color me gone - lol.....

Bwaahahaha. I wouldn't recommend a Red Hot Chili Peppers show then.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 26, 2006 11:43

Why, do the Peppers do short shows? I get the DVD's...seems like average length shows but maybe they put 2 together or something, who knows.....They do such high energy shows that I ALWAYS wonder how long they can keep it up, not everyone has Jagger staying power....I give those boys another 5 to 10 years...

Date: November 26, 2006 11:48

They do 45 minutes because they say that with a concert that long they can give it 100% all the time. Nice to see that a band takes a standpoint in such cases.

JumpingKentFlash

BIGGER BANG final show: an objective review...
Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: November 26, 2006 11:14

Just got home, here we go!...

THE SONGS...

1. Jumpin Jack Flash- there is nothing, NOTHING in the world to compare with that moment when the lights go down and Keith hits those opening chords, hunched over his guitar with Charlie kicking in behind him while Mick runs by at 100 miles an hour to sing those opening notes. It's like that feeling you get when the roller coaster starts to go down the hill. Very good version. Mick going nuts. Charlie doing more fills than I've ever heard! Keith looked like an ancient statue come to life, wearing the Devils grin.
2. It's Only Rock and Roll- This rocked.
3. Oh No Not You Again- One of the highlights of the night. Charlie's 4 on the floor bass drum near the end was killer.
4. She Was Hot- I was praying for this one. It was good, but Mick made a lyric mistake that seemed to throw him a bit, and Keith was less involved that the boot versions I'd heard so far.
5. Shine a Light- Mick tried to fake us out by thanking Bonnie Raitt "who is probably off somewhere drinking champagne". They kicked the tune off and she came right out to duet w/Mick. No guitar for her. They'd sing the chorus line together and then she'd take the gospel-y 'oooooo' while Mick sang the "make every song you sing, your favorite tune" part alone. Very cool.
6. Streets of Love- Keith on acoustic, which he barely played. In fact, it was at this point that I noticed a serious rift between the Twins. Keith's demeanor during this one seemed to be one of "let's get this crap song over with". The live version is far better than the studio, but it still drags. Mick did his best ad libbing to try to lift it near the end, and Keith looked at him like he was crazy to even try. Keith kind of clowned around behind Mick, who was all business, and it seemed kind of disrespectful.
7. Midnight Rambler- probably the best song of the night. The middle breakdown shows why they are the best. Stunning. Keith was ON.
8. Tumbling Dice- It's become alittle to family friendly at this point, but it was fun. Could've used more swagger.
INTROS- Mick had nice things to say about everyone, but really rushed his Keith intro and did not really acknowledge him on the way off. Something is going on with those two, I'm telling you!
9. You Got the Silver- Amazing. Pure magic. Before it started the ovation went on so long that Keith had to remind everyone they had to get home sometime. He then said he couldn't remember what song they were to do, something about the 'accident' and then he laughed about it.
10. Slipping Away- Gorgeous. Keith played guitar on it and wrapped it in his huge trenchcoat for awhile during the verses.
11. Connection- Pretty sloppy, and at the end Keith said "that's rock n' roll!"
12. Miss You- boring
13. Get Off Of My Cloud- I couldn't see the B stage at all, so this was kind of lame for me. Sounded ok, but not that exciting.
14. Start Me Up- boring!
15. Honky Tonk Women- OK
16. Sympathy For the Devil- the lowpoint of the set. Mick came in and either he was way off key, or the band follow his changes for the first few bars. This song contained the worst guitar soloing I've ever heard at a major concert. Keith.
17. Paint It Black- Rocking!
18. Brown Sugar- Some sound problems at the start. solid version
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want- Funniest part of the night. Keith started it much too slow for Micks taste and Mick very obviously tried to push the tempo, to mixed response. Keith just stood by Charlie and they kind of met eachother halfway with the tempo. Nice Ronnie solo here.
20. Satisfaction- Same as always! More bad Keith soloing.

I may be reading into things, but Keith doing 3 songs does not bode well for the future. If they don't reconvene, Mick will be fine, doing albums, films or whatever to keep busy. Keith, though, doesn't really do anything other than the Stones anymore, so was this alittle extra for the end? I really wonder whose idea it was, his or Chuck's or Micks?

Mick is an absolute marvel that I can find no fault in whatsoever. The consumate frontman and performer. He's singing great and looking fantastic. Charlie blew me away tonight. I expected alittle sluggishnes due to age and illness, but he was playing better than I've ever heard. Ronnie was not amazing, but held down his role pretty well. The real bizarre spectacle is Keith. He jumped out of the gate and was leaping around and looked alternately playful and mean. He's like a lion onstage. Even Mick steers clear of him. If Keith wants to clown around with you, you do it, but you never approach him. His playing tonight had its nice moments, but mostly it was alot of posing with some badly placed licks here and there. No one but him could get away with guitar playing like that. His presence is so vast that it doesn't really affect the 'show', but it would be nice for him to connect with the guitar again and lead the band. Still, when you look at him you say, 'there is no one cooler!.

A very cool show. Maybe the last time?

Please check out my band at...
www.myspace.com/marqdesouza
and order my album here...
www.cdbaby.com/marqdesouza

Re: BIGGER BANG final show: an objective review...
Date: November 26, 2006 11:24

Nice review (But how's it objective?).
About the Mick vs. Keith part: Are you sure that there's something going on between them? I think that sometimes one of them is in a bad mood, and then they look like they wanna kill each other.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Vancouver reports and comments
Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: November 26, 2006 13:01

They need to get back to doing 24 songs in the set and giving us 2 hours and 15 minutes. Doing 19 or 20 is just not enough. If they need Keith to do three to help Mick out, that would be great. I'd love to see Happy and Connection both sung as the original Mick / Keith duets, and also see Keith do three solo songs.
They could handle 24.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home