Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: The Real Rolling Stones fans FOS !!!
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: November 4, 2006 02:21

Turd, you have an elegant eloquence, with your words. Bravo!

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 4, 2006 03:08

i was FOS (6th 4th and front row at various points) am a real fan. who really really wants to see a bunch of old fat people in the movies, this was a movie shoot not a regular show

OLDKR

Posted by: JbirdOU ()
Date: November 4, 2006 03:08

Hey folks It's Only Rock and Roll, But I sure as hell like it. There is no way in hell I could get in to that show, so the only memories I'll have of it is on film. I love the hotties, Athough I was born the year the stones formed. Don't fight it. Just Let it Rock!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 4, 2006 03:36

oldkr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i was FOS (6th 4th and front row at various
> points) am a real fan. who really really wants to
> see a bunch of old fat people in the movies, this
> was a movie shoot not a regular show
>
> OLDKR

..and no doubt youd feel exactly the same way had you not been given a ticket.....

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 4, 2006 06:37

...... its a marketing ploy that surely sets off a string of presummingly rational thinking that ends up in a tangled ball...
its a wowie....

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 4, 2006 06:47

believe it or not i was ambivalent about going to the beacon shows(before i got tickets), nothing will ever top the astoria show for me, and as much as i enjoyed both beacon shows , particularly sunday, I wouldn't have died if i missed them. I would however had been annoyed if i'd droipped $15 at the cinema to see the movie and/or $60 for the dvd and been forced to watch fat old people shakin it to the stones!!!

OLDKR

Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: November 4, 2006 06:50

Bingo Wrote:
> The horn players should start to get concerned,
> LOL
>
> [upload.wikimedia.org]
> b/8/84/Toyota_Robot_at_Toyota_Kaikan.jpg/200px-Toy
> ota_Robot_at_Toyota_Kaikan.jpg

....hilarious post Bingo....nice break from all the bitterness!!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 4, 2006 08:03

You know what ? The film has not been edited yet...we seem to be quick to judge before seeing the final product.

Posted by: KCSTONES ()
Date: November 4, 2006 09:11

....YOU JUST DON'T MOVE ME ANYMORE.... :-(

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 4, 2006 11:51

I don't know, but somehow I've seen some constancy going on here. Since I learned (a long time ago) that The Stones use a lot over-dubbing in their live records, and even once made a 'live' record by adding the audience screaming into already existing studio cuts,I have been quite skeptical for 'realness' of their live out-put. And there were already lots of model looking young chicks in Four Licks (MSG I think singing along "Satisfaction", etc.). They seem to be real entertainers who really care only about the 'look', the appearence, and do any trick to make it look better, no matter what the 'reality' is. (For example, I still to this day believe they used some prior recorded tapes in some of their Voodoo Lounge Tour). It would make an interesting (and long) book or documentary movie if all those little tricks would be released. It must be something to do with the strange perfectionism of Jagger, because I think they really don't need any trick to make them sound or look better.

But I admit with LOGIE that this a new low. The Stones seem to ashamed of their 'real' fans, who are so old and ugly. But they still like our money...

It's bloody hell to love this band sometimes.

- Doxa

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 4, 2006 11:59

Doxa:
That VL thing you mention. Was it that bullcrap the German tabloid posted?

I think it sucks to have extras like the ones they have. Real fans should be there, but I guess we're not too good either. At all 3 Stones shows I have seen there have been NO fans going nuts. None at all. Except me of course. I always go crazy. A fangroup not going wild at a concert that's gonna be released is not good to look at either, so I'd actually end up wanting to look at chicks instead of on a fangroup that doesn't go wild. But that's just me.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: GrievousAngel ()
Date: November 4, 2006 12:08

What's so wrong with elder people in the front??

I mean the boys are in their sixtes themselves!!!

Having been to few shows so far I can't remember seeing 60+ people walking with sticks and weighing 300 pounds in the front rows.

Have you????

Date: November 4, 2006 12:12

No. But nobody is rocking out at a rock concert. That's bad.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 4, 2006 12:39

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Doxa:
> That VL thing you mention. Was it that bullcrap
> the German tabloid posted?
>

Yeah, that's the (Der Bild?) part of the story, and afterwards the German tabloid needed to apology or something. That doesn't move me. But what does confuse me, was my own personal experience in front of stage in Helsinki stadium, and watching Keith and Ron in front of me, and neither of them playing their instruments but 'fooling around', while the strong riffs were coming out the amps (perhaps it was "Rocks Off", but not sure)... I still remeber the moment and being quite shocked, and wondering what a hell is going, is somebody playing the guitar behind the curtains or what. Anyway, I decided to not think more of that, and I tried to explain it due to my own 'wrong' perception (it was my first Stones concert, and I was more than thrilled), but that's not something you can really do honest to yourself, right? LATER I read about the Bild accusation, and secretly I was sure that something strange is going on with The Stones live performances, but I didn't WANT to think that further.. But still to this day, I haven't really explained the 'anomaly' of my senses away, and that still bothers me.

- Doxa

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 4, 2006 12:40

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-04 11:24 by UrbanSteel.

Date: November 4, 2006 12:57

UrbanSteel Wrote:
> My generation , people in there 45's 50's and 60's
> etc. make's the Rolling Stones great and popular ,
> and for this reason we deserve a little bit more
> respect as show on the first picture .

In my mind no generation deserves nothing from nobody. Some people want respect because they (The fans) buy their albums and their concert tickets. I just can't see why. If I go to a store and buy some fruit I don't want respect from the shop owner. Same deal goes here I think. If I go to a Stones show I don't expect any respect from them either. I just go there to rock out. It could be anybody up on that stage, but as fate had it, it was The Rolling Stones. If it was Britney Spears up there, and if she could make me rock out just as hard, I would love it too. But she can't...

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 4, 2006 12:57

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-04 11:22 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 4, 2006 13:14

Do you think they knew they were the rolling stones? Or just a tribute band. Hilarious indeed. And thinking some of us want to cross the pond for it.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: November 4, 2006 13:24

Harm Wrote:
> Do you think they knew they were the rolling
> stones? Or just a tribute band. Hilarious indeed.
> And thinking some of us want to cross the pond for
> it.

Do any of them actually know who the real Rolling Stones are?

Posted by: sir sweden ()
Date: November 4, 2006 13:35

Mr.JumpinKentFlash! If you haven´t seen any fans going nuts at a stonesshow..come with me and WaywayWooody next time, they com in to Copenhagen...nad we will have a hell of a show and loads of energy!!

Keep It Up!
Till Lykke,Skål
/sir sweden

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 4, 2006 13:59

Right on, Sir ! I was going to post the same invitation to our Danish friend. We must arrange a front of stage meeting next summer, we're going to have a ball together, I promise !!!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 4, 2006 14:04

it's beyond sad. i don't think i can take much more

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 4, 2006 14:24

I don't want to get too cosmic but the Bad Karma the band is building up during this entire tour is gonna turn around and bite them in the ass big time in the next couple years....mark my words, the sh*ts gonna hit the fan for these guys....it's gonna be a nasty, messy ending, can't cheat Father Time and that clock is ticking (can't escape your Bad Karma either)..... BTW, what's with the babe in the skimpy red top with the kinda large boobs? Mick doesn't even like big boobs (Check out Bianca, Jerry Hall, this new one)Someone got the babe order wrong - opps........ Whoever thought that 2006 would bring us Macca getting a divorce from some White Trash, Gold Digging Zero C*nt and the Stones would turn into such utterly pathetic old gezzers .....What a wonderful world we live in full of magical surprises !!! Next Madonna will be adopting a black baby in Africa to keep up with Brad and Angelina in the tabloids/attention department and Prince will be playing a long concert run in Vegas.....(oh, that's all happening? wow, behind on my reading of important events) What's the saying? "WOULD YOU LET YOUR GRANDMOTHER DATE A ROLLING STONE?" mines dead and I still won't let her.....

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: November 4, 2006 15:27

GrievousAngel:

>Having been to few shows so far I can't remember seeing 60+ people walking with sticks and weighing 300 pounds in the front rows.

Have you????<

Right, not me either!
What's with this >fat< thing all over these comments!?
People can be old and sexy! Even some of the Stones are, in their own peculiar way!
There was not such problem (lack of grooving, un-fat fans in the front rows) I could see at the last couple of Montreal concerts I have attended.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: November 4, 2006 15:32

JumpingKentFlash:

>If I go to a store and buy some fruit I don't want respect from the shop owner<

Kidding?? You are indifferent that he sneaks rotten ones inside your bags?...

BTW, just want to let you know I have tried to give you an enlighetening reply to your querry re. this topic (respect, etc.) in the "future of Stones" thread, way back.

Date: November 4, 2006 15:35

This is a FOS pic i took in Baltimore

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: November 4, 2006 15:44

Now that's a great shot!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2006 15:50

inopeng Wrote:
> Now that's a great shot!

Correction ........ a FANTASTIC shot !

Posted by: darkstar212 ()
Date: November 4, 2006 16:32

You guys are the biggest bunch of baby whiners I have ever heard in my life. Get over it!! So they used extras, big deal. From the get-go this was not a normal Stones show ie Clinton, Theater show, being filmed, rare songs etc
I was an extra. I got paid $150 to see both shows. I'm not an actor or a model. I'm a fan who was able to weasel myself into being hired as an extra. Thats right. I'm a fan who got myself hired. And I agree that they needed extras up front for logistics. It was very crazy with the cameras and loading the film and hauling it away. You just couldn't do that without absolute cooperation from everyone up front. And I guess the one and only way you do that is to have people up front working. An entire night with a boom camera 8 inches over your head. One sudden jump up and you hit that thing, I can't imagine the lawsuit possibility. People were constanly told to move one way or another and always had to be ready to move for the cameras and film crews. So I'll say it again - you could not do that with a normal crowd. The only way to pull it off was to have evryone around working and thus able to take directions to move even if it was in the middle of Far Away Eyes as Mick and Keith are singing into the same mic. They needed 100% control over the front situation. With a normal crowd you don't have much control. Yes, you can see me in that pic of the FOS and yes Sunday night I had front row seats. All of you are throwin out blind accusations of 'how' we acted or 'what' we did. Are you kidding me? You don't have a clue. Some stupid guy from Sweden or wherever is telling everyone no one even cared about Keith's picks thrown into the crowd. BS! I've never seen so much miss information and accusations made up. Lots of the extras were fans. The first night was made up of mostly fans, night two had more pretty people and even made my stomach turn at times. But thats life and thats what they wanted. Any Stones concert you have ever attended, I promise you, had just as many fake people with connections sitting close that really don't know anything about the Stones. Really think about that last comment. No matter what concert or what band it is, up close always has alot of people there solely with connections and not true fans. And what is a 'true' fan? Why do you guys get to decide who a true fan is? Because you post on a message board, that makes you a truer fan than somebody who has listened and received enjoyment for the last 20 years from the Stones music? I've read a weeks worth of messages posted on all message boards about the extras and I'm telling you 90% of the stuff posted makes no sense and is some baseless perception from somebody thousands of miles away. It really is like tabloid journalism. You have to sit back and laugh and its impossible to even attempt to respond and dispell all the lies. Most of it is just anger from people who were unable to get into the shows and thus, gear their anger towards people who were lucky enough to go. To me that attitude really shows what these so called 'true' Stones fans are made of.

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: November 4, 2006 16:42

awww
sorry you had such a bad time hanging around "pretty people" and got paid for it.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home