Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Memory Motel live
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 16, 2006 21:06

Have they ever played full version of Memory Motel live? As far as I remember during B2B tour they skipped couple verses and a bridge. What about 94/95 & 06 versions?

Re: Memory Motel live
Posted by: Borna ()
Date: September 16, 2006 21:29

nothing can beat studio version

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 17, 2006 02:09

Borna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nothing can beat studio version

I agree with that, it is very close to being my favorite stones song.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: September 17, 2006 03:19

.... its sure a big favorite of mine..

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: September 17, 2006 07:10

My wettest dream for the US leg of the tour: To see and hear Mick and Keith team up at one mike to do the entire "Memory Motel"... Now that Keith sings SO well again, and they're getting on so well again, and a lot of people think this is a great song - which it definitely is - should we speak with Chuck???

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: September 17, 2006 07:46

franzk Wrote:
> Have they ever played full version of Memory Motel
> live? As far as I remember during B2B tour they
> skipped couple verses and a bridge.

let's hope they just skip the entire song this tour . . .never understood the adoration this piece of schmalz generates . . .

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: September 17, 2006 08:16

I actually refer the live versions of MM, it sounds slightly unfineshed on the record. PLus Keith sings it better now that his voice sounds a bit older. I love the No Security version with Dave Matthews his voice really suited the song.

I have a version of MM played this tour and even though it has a poor sound it's one of my favorite versions, it's much slower than usual and Keith sings his part really, really well. Like a crooner actually. Beautiful. I very much wish they would play it again and in that way.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: September 17, 2006 08:16

BTW this was a song that I didn't used to like but now I love it. The Stripped Companion version is also beautiful.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 17, 2006 08:20

Tralala Wrote:
> My wettest dream for the US leg of the tour: To
> see and hear Mick and Keith team up at one mike to
> do the entire "Memory Motel"... Now that Keith
> sings SO well again, and they're getting on so
> well again, and a lot of people think this is a
> great song - which it definitely is - should we
> speak with Chuck???

Yeah Tralala, the way mick and kieth trade vocals, for distinctly different verses, then join together on the chorus. I truly have to say hidden classic!

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: September 17, 2006 10:13

The whole appeal of that song in a live version is of course that Keith would come in with his line "She's got a mind of her own...and she use it well, yeah..." I saw it in Philly in '97 or so, and it was beautiful, of course. And there is surely no way that either he or the rest of the Stones could pull that complicated a song off anymore...sorry. Maybe Blondie could sing it for him but I don't know...

Date: September 17, 2006 10:25

Turning To Gold Wrote:
> The whole appeal of that song in a live version is
> of course that Keith would come in with his line
> "She's got a mind of her own...and she use it
> well, yeah..." I saw it in Philly in '97 or so,
> and it was beautiful, of course. And there is
> surely no way that either he or the rest of the
> Stones could pull that complicated a song off
> anymore...sorry. Maybe Blondie could sing it for
> him but I don't know...

Out of your mind? Or just trying to pick a fight? How many shows have you seen on this tour. US and Europe? I've seen 27, so far, and I'm dead sure they can pull it off! They're better than I've seen them for decades. Seriously.

Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: September 17, 2006 10:45

Two things:

The Stones do still perform Memory Motel, and have played it in 2006. Whoever said that the Stones can't do that song anymore isn't following the Stones' live shows. Why make a comment like that when you're not even following what you're talking about.

The other thing, Tralala, if you say you've been to 27 shows...aren't you aware that Mick plays electric piano on Memory Motel and Keith plays guitar? Don't you think it would look a little strange for Keith to hunch over Mick's microphone by the piano in a cumbersome position, with his guitar, just to fulfill you're wet dream (which is also a weird way of phrasing it). Why not just use another microphone? Who cares? I have wet dreams about models.

Date: September 17, 2006 11:30

27 shows on this tour - US and Europe - (85 all together from 1965, but I sadly haven't seen them doing Memory Motel live... Anyway, Chuck could do Mick's piano part and Mick could come over to Keith at his mike, or use a wireless mike with a head-set... I see no problem here, really. I'm aware I used the expression - WET DREAM. And I did it on purpose. From a fan point of view, I can defend that. Besides, I'm a lady! Ladies have wet dreams, too... Don't be so shocked, now! And if I'd been a man, I'd probably have been a Stones-fan anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-17 16:59 by Tralala.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 17, 2006 12:55

[www.iorr.org]

It was a great version they did there and as far as i can remember there was nothing left out.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 17, 2006 15:08

I like that it's pretty short in the live version. It's a bit too long on record.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 17, 2006 18:08

It's always been the Baton Rouge\San Antonio verse that has been left out.Maybe if they play one of those places again it could happen.

Posted by: redeye ()
Date: September 18, 2006 00:37

I love the version from Giants Stadium New Jersey, august 15th, `94. Mick on piano/keyboard and Keith with beautiful vocals. Amazing. One of the most thrilling moments in Stones-concerts I`ve ever had. I think, the verses are nearly complete (didn`t listen for a while). This version is very long, in fact too long for many people there,cause they left their seats getting a beer , but not for me. The bootleg is "The circus is back in town".

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: September 18, 2006 09:41

The song live is like a plane never taking of from the runway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home