Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Best concert in europe 2006 ?!
Posted by: Cheltie ()
Date: September 5, 2006 20:09

I know to compare concerts is quite difficult and if you have not seen all of them, actually you`re not able to compare them with each other but which concert seemed to be the best one for all of you. By the way. Did somebody see all of them ?

I heard many times Paris was great and Amsterdam too. Of course Milano was special as it was the premiere and Horsens had the big crowd and the big final. But was there a, let us say, outstanding show.
It is possible to pick one of them out to say this was the best one, cause everything was almost perfect (crowd, sound, performance, conditions...)?

Interested to hear, what you all think about that.

For me the best one was

Stuttgart, when Jagger in the end topped his performance and danced in front of
the first rows and the crowd was loud and enthusiastic during the
whole show. Rarely to see Jagger like that.

Horsens was comparable great but different. Uncredibly Midnight Rambler. Last
show allways something special.
These are my personal favourites. So what would you think.

Re: Best concert in europe 2006 ?!
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 5, 2006 20:17

Twickenham 2

Sheffield (if only for the Ronnie contributions on Gibson SG !)

Milano - deduct one point for the cringe inducing Footballer ending !

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: September 5, 2006 20:17

Of the ones I've seen: Milan, Munich, Berlin, Hannover, Cologne, Amsterdam, Nice, Twickenham 1, Bergen and Horsens - the best one is Horsens. Huge crowd. Jagger actually commanded 85.000 people to wave their hands, sing, - and we did! And we got Sway, Bitch and a fantastic Midnight Rambler. Ronnie was great on that last show. Keith sings beautifully and plays really well most of the time. Charlie - steady as always. And smiling! Mick in a great mood. All smiles. They really enjoyed themselves.

I suggest that you all write which shows you've seen before you point out your winner.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 5, 2006 20:33

Milan and Twick 2.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 5, 2006 20:40

Unbelievable for me - they got better from show to show in exactly the same order I saw them this year:

München - 8 (out of 10)
Berlin - 8,5
Köln - 9.5 (I had bad feelings for Paris "It can only get worse" -
but BEEP - Wrong!)
Paris - 10 !!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-05 20:41 by TooTough.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 5, 2006 20:52

Milan: crowd (easy one), con le mie lacrime ,near the stage, opening, women.
Stones: as always good. Mick: thank God we still have him.

Date: September 5, 2006 20:54

PARIS

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: September 5, 2006 20:57

Come on! Tell us which shows you've seen - and then point out your favourite. If youve only seen one show, and think that's the best - well - the fundament might not be the best...

Date: September 5, 2006 21:02

sorry

Seen Cologne, Amsterdam and Paris, but heard all the avaible boots and Paris was awsome.... Great sound, great band, great night

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: September 5, 2006 21:14

Paris

I have seen the and them three times and heard all available boots : Paris was so greaaaaat. One of the best show I have ever seen winking smiley

Twickenham 1 was also terrrific : just listen to tumblin dice, sympathy and sway winking smiley)

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: September 5, 2006 21:25

horsens,definitely

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 5, 2006 21:32

Berlin - 7
Nice - 7
Twickenham 1 - 9
Twickenham 2 - 8
Glasgow - 8 1/2

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: September 5, 2006 21:36

Paris was amazing. I wasn't in the UK and Scandinavia though. But more important is I saw 8 shows and none was bad !!!

Posted by: Pohan ()
Date: September 5, 2006 21:39

Twickenham 1 was really something special... Great energy

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 5, 2006 21:41

MILAN ??

no shit ! i was there and it was really not the best one
Paris was excellent.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 5, 2006 21:48

And it's hard to tell and it's hard to tell.....

Posted by: stein ()
Date: September 5, 2006 22:18

Twickenham 1

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: September 5, 2006 22:29

Paris did have the best sound but we were in the seated area lower tier Ronnies side , and seated they were for most of the concert apart from Me and a guy in a pink shirt, whoever you were thank you for keeping me company dancing and singing.

Stuttgart The sound was good where we were, the boys looked relaxed and looked like they were really having a good time.

Amsterdam I now fully understand why people dont want to go to that Arena we had a good position next to runway and a good view of the main stage but the acoustics are truly dreadful.
The €20 non refundable chargecard carp was taking the piss.
Next time guys play the Paradiso.

Glasgow gets my vote pure and simple the crowd were wired the atmosphere was amazing .
The stage also appeared closer to the audience or was it because we were standing on the seats ??.
Yes there were sound problems but technical not acoustic , from where we were it was rough and raw Glasgow rocked.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: September 5, 2006 22:39

Not one DVD from Europe?

Posted by: sater ()
Date: September 5, 2006 22:46

Vienna..why??we get 21 songs...

Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: September 5, 2006 22:47

I've seen Munich, Duebendorf (Zurich) and Twickenham 1. As far as the setlist is concerned, Switzerland was the place to be (She's So Cold, Wild Horses, All Down The Line, Get Off Of My Cloud). As far as the sound was concerned, Twickenham! And as far as the weather was concerned, clearly Munich! So all three of them were special, all for different reasons...

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: September 5, 2006 22:51

This is so difficult because it depends on who you went with, the set, the crowd, getting in & out etc., but of those I've seen this year it's Twickenham 1 (1st time my daughters, 18 & 21, went with us fos), Amsterdam fos (with the Bimhuis & Paradiso thrown in, in a fantastic City),Twickenham 2 by the "B" stage because of the 7 changes in the set from Twickers 1, Bergen fos because of the great crowd, the sound (despite the rain) and because any concert in Scandinavia is always special and a must go if you can, Cardiff fos. But...on a rating out of 10 they're all 9.0 and above.
Just so pleased and thankful that we got any concerts at all this year with everything that happened. And a big thanks to all the great people we met everywhere we went.
Chris & Pam

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: September 5, 2006 23:02

Without a doubt...Porto...it was so intense that Jagger give all he got and then he got sick afterwards. Just read the reviews on IORR Porto gig.
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: hotlips ()
Date: September 5, 2006 23:07

I"ve seen them in Hannover, Paris, Amsterdam and Horsens! Every show was good to me, but the show in Paris was simply the best. OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND A GREAT SOUND

Posted by: DE VULLUSBAND ()
Date: September 5, 2006 23:35

Only was in Hannover and Amsterdam this tour and I was satisfied in different ways at both shows.

Posted by: DE VULLUSBAND ()
Date: September 5, 2006 23:39

Like to add that these two BIGGER BANG SHOWS only end up around place 16 or 17 in my all time STONES CONCERT LIST (I've seen them 27 times)

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: September 6, 2006 00:47

Stuttgart

(I have seen MSG 2005, Giants, Milan, Vienna, Berlin, Cologne, Amsterdam, Stuttgart, Dübendorf, Twickenham I and Glasgow)

Vienna was ABB. Glasgow for my heart. Dübendorf/Zurich for the setlist (and my home).

But I prefer Stuttgart.

It depends not only on the Stones.... yes it depends also on other things. My friends who were there or not.... if you are drunk or not (Lol) or sick or not. And sometimes me or the Stones were not in a good mood...

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 6, 2006 01:11

I have not been keeping up with the boots coming out from the current tour at all. Is there one from Glasgow out yet?

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 6, 2006 01:20

uh..all but two of the songs were broadcast on BBC radio 3 days later and the show is widely available as a bit torrent on RocksOff and Dime

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: September 6, 2006 01:22

Horsens of course

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2250
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home