Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Streets of love Live.
Posted by: stonesbernard ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:20

I really liked this song when performed at cologne sunday, though i do not like the album track. What's your opinion on streets of love when played live ? I was very suprised the way this song works out in a stadium. Looking forward to see it again in amsterdam next monday. Cheers BB

Re: Streets of love Live.
Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:27

I love the Berlin live version where Ronnie is really nailing it. Saw it also in Hannover and Cologne, but at these gigs his solo guitar is not that fine.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: July 25, 2006 22:53

I liked what I heard of this done live quite a lot. Hear crowd getting into it on one show was it Milan? Wonder how it was received the other occassions? anybody there in person whom can share firsthand response? Question is if continues to go over well in Europe are they / will they dare to try in US in Fall? MEZ

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: July 25, 2006 23:32

The live version has a little more "Stonesy" guitar doodling. The studio version is lacking musically--would have been very easy to spice it up w/ guitar interplay.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 25, 2006 23:33

The difference is SOL received NO airplay in the US, unless you count that TV soap opera deal - RJ was the only track I ever heard on radio more than once, and generally stations that played the Stones when they came to town stuck to the oldies. Actually the one time I heard "She Saw Me Coming" and (again one time) "Biggest Mistake" they sounded just great on the radio.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 25, 2006 23:34

a turd is a turd is a turd

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 25, 2006 23:36

I think the studio version could have been de-Mickelarised very easy, with some noodling of Keith and Ron in the back.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 25, 2006 23:37

Is Ronnie really nailing it? Again?

Yeah, he´s a big hero! Mick, Keith and Charlie`s working hard - and Ronnie nails it! Wonderful!!!!!!!

Date: July 25, 2006 23:47

Lizard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the studio version could have been
> de-Mickelarised very easy, with some noodling of
> Keith and Ron in the back.

why stop there - the whole song could have been de-ABBized....

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:14

it still sucks horse dick

if they play it at Twickenham, watch out for rotten apples

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:28

Yeah, Ronnie nailing it. Priceless.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:31

Its a brave choice...and its good.A risk,and they took it!!!

Date: July 26, 2006 00:45

andy js Wrote:
> >
> if they play it at Twickenham, watch out for
> rotten apples

if you could spare a few - I'd like to have some handy meself....

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:47

When it came out I thought the song was a bit weak, I beganto like it, and the version in Cologne 48 hours ago( I am still high) was good!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:48

The same reaction as Lies..in 78....there for a brave choice..indeed!!!!

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 26, 2006 02:03

I was sceptical, but it worked very well, both in Milan and in Berlin. Much better live than on the album. Jagger really does a great performance. It's just like Saint of me. A little to Jaggerish on the album, but a killersong on stage!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 26, 2006 02:06

I really hated that song when I first heard it on the radio. It was a major disappointment to me then that this would be the new Rolling Stones single. But when I heard it live in Berlin and 2 days later again in Cologne it really hit me. So beautifull. Next show for me will be Amsterdam and I truly hope they will play it again

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: redeye ()
Date: July 26, 2006 18:09

Same like Rolling Hansie: Live it`s growing and I start to like this number. It is very well played (Hannover , Berlin!) and to me it`s one of Jagger`s best vocalperformances on stage I´ve ever listened to. At the same time it`s the second time in Stoneshistory I think (after Back of my hand) that he plays the main rythmguitar up in the mix, Ronnie perfectly contributes the soloing and keith just plays some tasty acoustics (instead of electric alibi-licks which wouldn`t fit). And it`s a croud-pleaser really! So all in all I wouldn`t kick out this number. It`s really worth to listen to. Enjoy it!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 26, 2006 18:10

Fully agree! Very nice song live!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 26, 2006 18:24

if only the subject of this thread had been "Streets of Love Dead" . . .

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: July 26, 2006 18:30

It's nice, I enjoyed hearing it a lot, and sure, Mick's vocals on this one are really notable. I'm not saying it's among the very best ballads in their history, but it's worth it and I'm glad they play it. (I like the studio version too, didn't need to wait for the live version to finally have some sympathy for the songsmiling smiley
Some of you are spoiled fanssmiling smiley Rotten apples, ha-ha, really, really funny.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: July 26, 2006 18:59

So Nikki, I figure you'll be taking a leak during SOL? ;-)

I'm very much looking forward to hearing it live, because it is said to heal the bad feelings people have after listening to the album version!

Jelle

Date: July 26, 2006 19:43

The Vienna version is good. I think they should make it a regular. Skip one of the older ballads (Angie?)

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 26, 2006 21:25

ever liked this--one

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 26, 2006 21:57

On the album it´s a Mick Jagger solo song (it´s nearly arranged to death),
the live version is fantastic and finally a Stones song.

Date: July 26, 2006 22:04

I realize folks are jazzed about the Stones being back on stage after a difficult couple of months of uncertainty, but don't you all think it is carrying it a BIT too far here? We're talking about SOL!!! Have you all gone mad?

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: July 26, 2006 22:08

No thanks, have you?smiling smiley
Or a better question, more to the point, have you seen it in a concert?smiling smiley
We liked it, and we couldn't care less what you think about the song, frankly... More arguments?smiling smiley

Date: July 26, 2006 22:12

Some of the worst lyrics ever written by the Stones. Completely cheesy. That said, musically it's kind of nice and sounds good live.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 26, 2006 22:16

prefer "streets of love" --vs-keith trying to sing

Date: July 26, 2006 22:20

smilingsun Wrote:
> No thanks, have you?smiling smiley
> Or a better question, more to the point, have you
> seen it in a concert?smiling smiley
> We liked it, and we couldn't care less what you
> think about the song, frankly... More arguments?smiling smiley

yeah, I've heard it - you telling me that once I get the visual component added that the song will sound better? interesting.

Well, WE couldn't care even lesser about what you think about US, so there! And, your mum wears combat boots too....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home