Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Streets of love Live.
Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: July 26, 2006 22:42

Hey I was just joking, obviously in a good mood. I thought it was plain to see, honestly... Forget about it. I didn't want any fight we/us or anything like that. I just don't care what you think about Streets Of Love, I quite like it and that's what matters to me. Suggesting that liking it is "a bit to far" and we who like it are "mad" is only your opinion, and of course the words are inappropriate, you can't judge taste like that... You seem to be really concerned about this songsmiling smiley, why don't you just let it be if you don't like it, you won't manage to persuade anyone who likes it to think otherwise, so...smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 26, 2006 22:47

smilingsun - i don't how familiar you are with me - but in the 10 years I've been on this site I've yet to post anything on this site that I would characterize as anything but "in good fun." unfortunately, you seem to have taken my bait seriously. that's a no-no.....

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 27, 2006 03:16

It sounds much better live than the studio version. Thumbs up.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 27, 2006 03:25

I don't think it's a great song, but it's somewhat endearing. It hinges on a good Jagger vocal (better sung than "Already Over Me" and maybe even "Out of Tears") and a chorus that, for better or worse, sticks in yr head a bit.

I refuse to hate it as much as I refuse to love it. You know the songs I hate? Tired, worn out cock-rockers like "Dangerous Beauty" and "Driving Too Fast". Not even good enough to be AC/DC b-sides. But some people get reactionary when Stones do ballads. When they do a great one (i.e. "Wild Horses"), the do a GREAT one. But when it's not so great, then out come the wolves (uuuggghhh,,,,,lame,,,,,whenes the guitarzeze and the lyrics about sex and being a badass that cant never get no jumping jack brown satisfaction!!!!!1111!!11one)

Just my reactionary little rant there. Sorry.

Incidentally, back to the subject at hand. I was surprised how well it came off live when I listened to it on here. A good, solid rendition of a mediocre - but well put together - pop song.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: July 27, 2006 03:27

Could someone post this. I havent heard it yet. THank you.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 27, 2006 03:40

hailtothestones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could someone post this. I havent heard it yet.
> THank you.

It should still be available in the "hot stuff" section of this site. If not let me know and I will post the version I downloaded (thanks to the generous friends that I got it from here in IORR)

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: July 27, 2006 03:43

I looked but didnt find anything. If you could post it. Thanks for taking time out.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: July 27, 2006 04:16

You've got the Vienna version here:
[www.iorr.org]

Re: Streets of Love in concert
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 27, 2006 10:38

apologies if this has already been described, but in Vienna (when Keith was still playing the Mary Kaye Strat on it)
Mick introduced SOL a bit diffidently: "here's a new number - well sort of new ... uhh ... it's called Streets of Love"
it sounded good; Ronnie took the solo; and then Keith & Ronnie - LoFL! they were behind Mick,
and they put their arms around each other's shoulders and leaned their heads together
and put these ridiculously doleful looks on their faces going ay ay ay ay drooping sadly on one another -
the crowd goes wild roaring and cheering and poor Mick doesn't know wtf is goin on :E
it was a riot - afterwards Keith seemed to feel remorseful and he played some real pretty fills;
and by Berlin he'd changed to acoustic, which he seems to be treating a bit more respectful-like :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-27 10:41 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home