Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Is there one European show that is completly sold out?
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 9, 2006 17:29

I think it's the BAD PROMOTION (so much silence since Keith's accident a lot of very casual fans - the ones that don't go on IORR - weren't sure if there even was going to be a tour or how Keith's health was. I know, I talked to a few, they were VERY confused) AND the high TICKET PRICES. A big misstep for a band that understands all this stuff better then anyone (I mean, this isn't a self destructive band like Guns and Roses). It reminds me of Jagger's Brazilian "Girlfriend" (I'll call her) getting pregnant in 1998? At 50 whatever how do you let THAT happen? I can see it at 19 but.....Big Mistakes made by a band that should know better.....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2006 17:32

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But what I do find extraordinary and quite
> inexplicable is that there still appears to be a
> reasonable quantity of seats on the pitch in the A
> blocks for Glasgow this late in the day ?
>
> [www.secxtra.com] - just
> type in rolling stones in the search window
>
> How come these haven't gone long ago ?

they werent always previously available - that site seems to have sporadically had extra availability at various times over the last few months - in fact their allocation seems to have always been much better than what was ever offered by Ticketmaster for this show - even in the presale. (I passed on the presale for this show because all I was offered the moment I logged on were £150 tickets several rows back! Five days later, secextra started selling tickets and I got 4th row centre for £60! Go figure that out!)

My guess is that maybe its unused complimentaries/package deal tickets that have now become available. The whole circle jerk with tickets being deliberately held back for each show in order to get you to panic buy shitty, but overpriced ones drives me mad.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 9, 2006 17:34

False sellouts since the beginning of the tour,resulting in panic buying of relatively poor,but full price seats early on. Much easier to release and sell A blocks nearer the date.

IT STINKS !

P.S. The reason that you could easily get tickets for the '99 UK shows,was that they had clearly upset many fans over the NO TAX TOUR of '98 !

I personally saw them in a different light from that moment,as did many others.

GREEDY, GREEDY, GREEDY !

sc uk

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 9, 2006 18:01

paulywaul Wrote:
> But what I do find extraordinary and quite
> inexplicable is that there still appears to be a
> reasonable quantity of seats on the pitch in the A
> blocks for Glasgow this late in the day ?
>

Having shelled out a total of £717.95 (including a RS.COM membership) for four tickets in Row 23 on the day they first went on sale, I think I have a very good reason to feel well-miffed.

And as for those tosspots on this board who regard me as being negative, well would you like to buy them off me? It would enhance your own positivity no end!

Date: July 9, 2006 18:09

straycatuk Wrote:
> False sellouts since the beginning of the
> tour,resulting in panic buying of relatively
> poor,but full price seats early on. Much easier to
> release and sell A blocks nearer the date.
>

Spot on, straycatuk!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 9, 2006 19:00

SECC told me that their ticket allocation has nothing to do with Ticket Master.

They had their own allocation of tickets from the promoter whoever that is ?, they would not say.

Can only assume these tickets were held back by secxtra or Hampden for some reason.

or

We have in the past managed to get row 7 tickets centre stage front block in the SECC , about half an hour before the Concert.

A bus came in and they had not sold all their pre allocated tickets, so it is possible that some tour organiser could not sell the packages they had and cancelled their tickets.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: July 9, 2006 20:01

I bought a ticket on SECC site months ago, in A6. I asked them how the seats are numbered. Left to right or versa. The answer was, that the ticket they sold to me should'nt be available to pick at all. I was given another seat. Some rows back (!!). If I did not mailed them, I would'nt know now. They told me that they will inform the people on the day of the event. Those who have to pick up their tickets..... So not everybody will have the confirmed seat. I think it's chaos in this organisation.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 20:41

I suspect the reason Koln is the only one without FOS tickets is due to its proximity to Belgium and Holland. All the frustrated Belgians and southern Dutch are going there since the Stones management ripped off our Brussels sold out show. Why they would ever do this will remain a mystery to me for the ages. They could have easily re-scheduled it.

Date: July 9, 2006 20:47

mariannerl :O

That is not good news.

I will be calling them TOMORROW Arrgh.

They had better be sending Me the exact tickets I purchased as We have already

asked friends to join us and told them the row number.

Is there anything on this tour that is straight forward ???.

I also wonder about Ticketnet France ? No Seat Nos Or Row Nos on the email they sent which I think is pretty odd.

I did print a copy of the booking so the correct tickets had better show up.

And you wonder how shows are not sold out well I dont.

Gross incompetence seems to rule on every level of this tour.

They may start an advertising Campaign shortly after the Milan Show, we will see.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:27

I hope your seats will be confirmed. It was not clear if thats a problem with a few rows they actually were not allowed to sell (not in their contingent)

Date: July 10, 2006 01:52

LOGIE Wrote:
> paulywaul Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But what I do find extraordinary and quite
> > inexplicable is that there still appears to be
> a
> > reasonable quantity of seats on the pitch in the
> A
> > blocks for Glasgow this late in the day ?
> >
>
> Having shelled out a total of £717.95 (including a
> RS.COM membership) for four tickets in Row 23 on
> the day they first went on sale, I think I have a
> very good reason to feel well-miffed.
>
> And as for those tosspots on this board who regard
> me as being negative, well would you like to buy
> them off me? It would enhance your own positivity
> no end!

Well said, that man. Amazing how quiet so many 'yes-men' are about the dishonest and misleading way tickets have been put on sale on this tour

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:11

Question to mariannerl: Is it true that after the show in Zürich there will be trains going to all directions inside Switzerland even late at night? I am asking because I will have to go to Romanshorn/Salmsach after the concert and I am wondering if I can leave my car there and take a train to the show and back. If the train ticket to and from any town in Switzerland is included in the ticket price that is a fair deal.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:30

I know that Horsens and Bergen is sold out out completely. The waiting list for tickets to Stones in Horsens is 17.000 right now.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:36

Madrid & Barcelona were sold out...near of 120.000 tickets

Date: July 10, 2006 11:46

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> I know that Horsens and Bergen is sold out out
> completely. The waiting list for tickets to Stones
> in Horsens is 17.000 right now.

Wow kent that is some waiting list.

Do they tell people when they go on it what No they are ?.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:53

They just sign up on the waiting list if they didn't get tickets. Then the website takes your IP-address and keeps it with the number you have. Pretty cool to see such a large waiting list I think.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 10, 2006 13:37

Not if you are No 17,000 Kent.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 10, 2006 13:53

Just got my FOS (pelouse or) for Paris. Ordered it about 10 days ago; I, for one, am glad that shows are not selling as quickly as usual.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: July 10, 2006 15:36

"Oh no not you again. You are the one who wanted to cancel Zurich. You seem to have a problem with swiss fans. Its not "mysteriously" that the capacity of this venue got increased... ohhh stopp it."

What are you talking about, cancel? huh?.
I don't have a problem with Swiss fans, I am a Swiss fan smiling smiley

Why do you care what tricks the promoter gets up to? Is it your job to stand up for them? If so why don't you just say who you are working for. If you don't believe what I'm saying see for yourself on the day of the show.

A good idea might be to pray for good weather too, because it won't be fun on an airfield in the rain.

Date: July 10, 2006 20:53

Hey presto! The £60 Block A Sheffield seats are now on sale!

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what the point of a RS.COM Membership is?

Date: July 10, 2006 21:44

guess...!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 10, 2006 22:10

LOGIE Wrote:
>
> Can anyone PLEASE tell me what the point of an RS.COM Membership is?

$$$$$$$$$$$'s for them and ..................... foxtrot alpha for you

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 11, 2006 07:58

Platina membership is a rip off. On top of the 100 USD you had to pay a fanclub fee for your'e tickets in Brussels. so this is twice the same thing, just to buy tickets.

After a complait the minister of cosumer affaires of Belgium took action, and now Goformusic (the ticket offive) pays back the 'fanclub fee'.

Date: July 11, 2006 08:15

The platina membership is a 100 % extra for Jagger LTD with no one who ask for taxes to be payed because it's all internet, a link is sold so you can buy tickets! You make money so you can use a link. Incredible.

Date: July 11, 2006 08:24

New trick.

selling first the tickets in the back and then FOS like for the Nice concert.

With my memberschip RS.com there where no Fos tickets (the first hour in december), thought the were all gone. so I buy pelouse instaed of pelouse d'or. After a week they start to sell the FOS. Got one. Had to sell my pelouse ticket for 25 Euro because there are still 5000 of them at ticketnet. So 100 USD + 51 euro down the drain. ect.....

Same thing in Cardiff it seems

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 11, 2006 10:23

bartfrombrussels Wrote:
> I also like to mention that Brussels was sold out
> in 5 hours! Why the heck is that concert
> cancelled?
>
> In general why are almost all the sold out
> concerts cancelled? Brussels, Gothenborg, Madrid
> and Barcelona?

Brussels was far from being sold out.
A lot of people booked for or five reservations and only paying one.
(it was a mess on the internet so a lot of people thought they didn't ordered the tickets - but a couple of days later they (including me) received 5 reservations in the mail.

It wasn't sold out at all.

Date: July 11, 2006 10:57

Rs.com had some value in the States because many of the shows sold out fairly quickly (especially the good "second price level" seats).

All of these first 10 row seats coming up suddenly is pretty weird. Never saw that in the States. Just enjoy it!! I am pretty happy with my FOS Paris, and my 60 bp seats in A1 row 9 for Twickenham which I bought in January, long after the initial public sale (if I ever receive them).

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 11, 2006 11:04

>if a band were to sell about 95% of tickets for a stadium that holds, say, >70,000 people and the show were to gross (hypothetically) about 6-7 million >Euro, would you call that a 'flop'?

yes, i would call it a flop as there are more cancelled shows than those that were scheduled. I mean 3 cancelled shows in Germany and you still get FOS for the others shows the dilemma. You can even get 20% rebate on a ticket for any other show when you buy a new ticket for your cancelled shows. And they offer you shuttle services from Nuremberg to Munich or from Leipzig to Berlin.

And those cities which have had 2 shows and now only one and you still get tickets. Do you think that's successful.

At least you can say we get all people having bought ticket for 10 shows and do 2 sold out shows out of it and we can say, 98% (or maybe 100%) sold out is a great success.

As I said earlier, Keith accident (if ever) is very welcomed to melt the amount of shows to the half because of bad ticket sales!

Posted by: Bockwuchsd ()
Date: July 11, 2006 11:12

A friend of mine just told me that scalpers sell field tickets right now in front of the San Siro stadium for 20-25 Euros.

Date: July 11, 2006 11:23

That's the one GREAT thing about the current Stones tour. Brokers get burned!!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home