Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Is there one European show that is completly sold out?
Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 9, 2006 02:10

You can still buy for almost every European show tickets. What a commercial flop! The prices on the otherhand are top.

I got yesterday my refund for Paris I and II. I lost in total 37,41 euro on my two tickets.

Re: Is there one European show that is completly sold out?
Date: July 9, 2006 02:18

You can still buy FOS tickets for 4 out of 5 German concerts! Only for the Köln concert there are certain prize cathogeries sold out, for the other 4 concerts in Germany there is not one singles price categorie sold out!

Date: July 9, 2006 02:20

At this moment you can still buy wavebreaker tickets (aka FOS tickets) for the Wien concert!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2006 02:22

bartfrombrussels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can still buy for almost every European show
> tickets. What a commercial flop! The prices on the
> otherhand are top.
>

if a band were to sell about 95% of tickets for a stadium that holds, say, 70,000 people and the show were to gross (hypothetically) about 6-7 million Euro, would you call that a 'flop'?

Some of the Scandinavian shows were sold out, as were (I think) the Spanish shows that were cancelled. Twickenham will be sold out both nights by the time the event takes place.

At 104,000 tickets with an average of about £100 a ticket, thats a 'flop' I certainly wouldnt mind experiencing, personally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-09 02:24 by Gazza.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 02:29

Gothenburg!

But cancelled!

How come? Mick, Keith, Ron and Charlie! Why?

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: July 9, 2006 02:30

There are still 4.759 tickets availeble for Paris (only the FOS tickets are sold out!)
There are still 5.321 pelouse tickets availeble for Nice.

That makes for France still 10.080 tickets in total!

Where are the times that they sold out 3 times Parc de Prince in a split second?

Date: July 9, 2006 02:32

I also like to mention that Brussels was sold out in 5 hours! Why the heck is that concert cancelled?

In general why are almost all the sold out concerts cancelled? Brussels, Gothenborg, Madrid and Barcelona?

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: July 9, 2006 02:35

In Zurich/Dübendorf it was sold out within 6 hours. 58'000. Now they sell 10'000 more tickets (68'000 now) . The only place they had to increase capacity. Still available now because it was announced during Keith's hospital time. On IORR tour list it's mentioned with 60'000. But I think that's because it's a field concert. And thats not worth to be reported. And not important enough as city and venue. But we will enjoy it here. Some said we will get a concert only if in Germany all venues are sold out. .. ha ha ha. I guess sometimes there are more important fans and countries. But I say.. f??```==***** we are Stonesland too here in Switzerland. And if someone does not like that, stay at home...

Date: July 9, 2006 02:42

For Amsterdam there are still for every price category tickets availeble, except the FOS tickets and the cheap one Rang 8 and Rang 9 are sold out.

Where are the times the sold The Arena 5 times out? Yep, it was in 1998 BTB! Those where the days.

Date: July 9, 2006 02:53

Thats another thing, the festival site/air field/parking lot trick!
It only works if it sells out. You anounce a capacity of 40.000 but in fact is is 80.000. So you sell 40.000 tickets without that mr. taxman knows something about it. (Like they did in Werchter 1995, 1998 and most certain in 2003, never saw so much people in Werchter in my live - been there to festivals and concerts since 1982).
Hockenheim (1995 and 2003) was another chance to preform this trick, and Oberhausen (2003) and ...

Another trick was in 1990 the Euroticket travel fraude! This was necessary because they coudn't do the platinum fanclub trick for the pre pre sale in the pre internet times.

Date: July 9, 2006 02:57

For Switserland only 99 tickets cat 3 are still availeble.

THIS CONCERT IS THE CLOSEST THING TO SOLD OUT! WAY TO GO!
WE HAVE ALMOST A SOLD OUT CONCERT!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 9, 2006 03:00

mariannerl
I was quite surprised they choose to play on a field in switzerland.

Why not a stadium or Arena ??.

Date: July 9, 2006 03:06

Because of the possebillity of the capacity trick as already mentioned.

Date: July 9, 2006 03:15

How about the staduim change trick from Wembley to Twiks? Wembley will have a capacity of 90.000, Twiks has 55.000 max. There where 2 concerts shedulled in Wembley and normally you need 3 to 4 concets in Twiks for the same quantity of ticketholders. No, sir 2 concerts in Twiks is ok, and you still can buy tickets to the two concerts at Twiks.

Glad that Robby @#$%& Williams doesn't have to do this, because he sell Wembley out at the speed of light. The stones did this untill 1998-1999.

PS: What was the story of the Dublin cacellation? Keith didn't fell on his coconut at that point, but it was also a fuzzy story.

Date: July 9, 2006 03:18

Will they sell out San Siro next on 7/11? I don't think so. How many times did an Italian concert got cancelled since 1982? The on line shop is closed, but you still can call for tickets! Desperate selling tickets.

Date: July 9, 2006 03:44

Dublin I think the cancellation was due to the sqabbling Promoters taking each other to court.

Not 100% sure of all the facts but one had the permission/licence ? other did not and was objecting via solicitor.

Stones/ Chol dont have time or got tired of waiting to see who will win so they scrap the whole thing.

V stupid on both sides if they had amalgimated their efforts then every one wins.

Instead they choose to be Greedy and end up with nothing.

Serves them right.

Shame for the people in Ireland and if they know this pair of numpties I hope they give them a V hard time.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 9, 2006 03:45

Göteborg sold rapidly. Would be repeated.

Date: July 9, 2006 04:48

bartfrombrussels Wrote:
> How about the staduim change trick from Wembley to
> Twiks? Wembley will have a capacity of 90.000,
> Twiks has 55.000 max. There where 2 concerts
> shedulled in Wembley and normally you need 3 to 4
> concets in Twiks for the same quantity of
> ticketholders. No, sir 2 concerts in Twiks is ok,
> and you still can buy tickets to the two concerts
> at Twiks.

Wembley will hold around 90,000 for football but the capacity for the concerts, with seating on the pitch would probably have been between 72 and 75,000. Twickenham's seated capacity for the Licks shows as I remember it was 52,000.

The reason they were able to switch to a stadium with a capacity of 20,000 less is simply because that as they had Twickenham as a back up, they only put on sale for Wembley enough tickets to fill a stadium the size of Twickenham. The only people who bought seats for "Wembley" and knew exactly where their seats were located where those who had pitch tickets. Seating for the grandstands was to be allocated at a later date (ie after it was decided for sure where the shows would take place)

>
> Glad that Robby @#$%& Williams doesn't have to do
> this, because he sell Wembley out at the speed of
> light. The stones did this untill 1998-1999.

The Stones' Wembley shows in 1999 were the easiest of all their stadium shows in London to get tickets for. When the tickets went on sale for the initial 3 London shows on the Licks tour scheduled for August 2003 (Twickenham, wembley arena and astoria) they were all gone in two hours - a second Twickenham and 2 more wembley arena shows were added later. If anything, demand for Stones shows in the UK has increased since 1999 - despite the fact that on each of the last two tours, the average ticket price has risen by anything from 20-40% each time.
>
> PS: What was the story of the Dublin cacellation?
> Keith didn't fell on his coconut at that point,
> but it was also a fuzzy story.

see madmaxx's story above.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 9, 2006 06:00

My local tix seller around the corner is advertising FOS Tix in the window.
nothing new I guess, but worth reporting?
ahh, oh yeah - berlin that is.........damn it, nearly forgot

Date: July 9, 2006 11:18

In Zurich are 2 stadiums. One is small and the other one (Letzigrund) is not available. It's closed because of renewing for EM 2008. The airfield of Dübendorf is on the boarder to the city of Zurich. Only 6-10 min. by train to main station Zurich. After the concert the area will stay open till 2 a.m. Party, Food, DJ's etc. on the festival site. Every 6 min. a train to Zurich till 1.30 a.m.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 9, 2006 11:18

bartfrombrussels Wrote:
> Will they sell out San Siro next on 7/11? I don't
> think so. How many times did an Italian concert
> got cancelled since 1982? The on line shop is
> closed, but you still can call for tickets!
> Desperate selling tickets.

There was a theory that huge prices were the cause of disappointing sales . And I abide to it. I just made a check at some stadiums , but this seems not to prove absolutely correct. I guess the explanations vary from one country to another. Hope a final rush will happen when Tour starts and "soccer game " is over.

Date: July 9, 2006 11:21

You could still pick up row 3 Tickets in Glasgow yesterday fom secxtra.

Strange that nearly full rows of Row 3 Tickets were released earlier in the week in

Blocks A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 & A8

Just looked and still £60 Tickets available in A4 A6 A7 .

I think it may be because people search Ticket Master and they have nothing in the £60 tickets so presume they are all gone.

Date: July 9, 2006 11:27

Bergen sold out in a few minutes
Horsens in a few hours

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 9, 2006 13:04

Gazza Wrote:
>
> Twickenham will be sold out both nights by the time the event takes place.

Suspect you're correct there, although right at this moment (only 6 weeks before the shows) it certainly gives the impression of having good availability in most areas of the stadium on both nights - 20th appears to be better sold than the 22nd at the present time. Guess that's because it's a Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-09 13:05 by paulywaul.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 13:10

The people hyping the Zurich show are falling for the old trick, this show will be nowhere near 68'000 people, you will get loads of tickets below face value on the day of the show. They claimed its sold out on 3 occasions so far, then "mysteriously" there are endless new tickets available,its bullshit.Just go down to Ticketcorner they have piles of tickets.

Date: July 9, 2006 16:14

humanriff77 Wrote:
> The people hyping the Zurich show are falling for
> the old trick, this show will be nowhere near
> 68'000 people, you will get loads of tickets below
> face value on the day of the show. They claimed
> its sold out on 3 occasions so far, then
> "mysteriously" there are endless new tickets
> available,its bullshit.Just go down to
> Ticketcorner they have piles of tickets.

Oh no not you again. You are the one who wanted to cancel Zurich. You seem to have a problem with swiss fans. Its not "mysteriously" that the capacity of this venue got increased... ohhh stopp it.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: July 9, 2006 16:25

The problem may be that the last 2 months the only public info in the media were bad news like:

Stones european tour postponed....Keith in hospital.....Ronny in rehab,
again gigs are cancelled....more gigs cancelledand and so on,
all this was in the media for weeks.

So if I tell my friends that I will go to the Stones, they reply:
"What gig?..I think they do not play europe this summer."

by the way...if they sell out the stadiums by 90 % this is a success IMO.

Date: July 9, 2006 16:35

paulywaul Wrote:

> Suspect you're correct there, although right at
> this moment (only 6 weeks before the shows) it
> certainly gives the impression of having good
> availability in most areas of the stadium on both
> nights - 20th appears to be better sold than the
> 22nd at the present time. Guess that's because
> it's a Sunday.

yes..plus the fact that it was the first show, and initially was sold out in 90 minutes before they added extra seats at irregular intervals afterwards

Fact is, with ticket prices as they are now, its harder to get a mad rush on tickets on the first day or week like there used to be (and its been proven that you dont need to be first in the queue to get great tickets for a stadium show anymore). Theres always going to be much more of a 'walk up' crowd who will only decide to go nearer the time - in some countries thats much more prevalent than others.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 9, 2006 16:45

But what I do find extraordinary and quite inexplicable is that there still appears to be a reasonable quantity of seats on the pitch in the A blocks for Glasgow this late in the day ?

[www.secxtra.com] - just type in rolling stones in the search window

How come these haven't gone long ago ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-09 16:46 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Bockwuchsd ()
Date: July 9, 2006 17:02

People are a bit tired of The Stones. They're not the mass phenomenon anymore they used to be after their live "comeback" 89/90 and throughout the 90s. They have toured too much. This, the ticket prices and the bad promotion. A bad mix, isn't it?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home