Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Black and Blue
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 21, 2006 14:25

well, that's what the Stones say they were doing on the album - but what do they know. :E
no no, i mean: of course the Stones say whatever they feel like saying, we know that.
but i don't know what they "should" have done - auditioned everyone on Key to the Highway?
or wiped all the guests off the new tracks and re-recorded them, even though the guests were contributing great and powerful stuff?
why?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: June 21, 2006 14:45

Hurriganes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trevligt att se ni kan finska där i Sverige.
> Förståss det var inte riktad mot dig LAForum. Har
> du någon teori, varför Charlie inte är i
> frontsidan av b&b?

Ja kanske, maybe Billy and Ollies being part of the Stones, dunno, but its a theory. And Ronnie being the new guy of course, they had to make him the new attraction. Och ingen fara, ville bara visa att jag snackar hyfsad finska!

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: June 21, 2006 15:06

LA FORUM Wrote:

> jag snackar hyfsad finska!

... och jag bara försökte vara vänlig mot mina amerikanska (kanske) vän/ner ;-)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 21, 2006 15:14

with sssoul Wrote:
> well, that's what the Stones say they were doing
> on the album - but what do they know. :E
> no no, i mean: of course the Stones say whatever
> they feel like saying, we know that.
> but i don't know what they "should" have done -
> auditioned everyone on Key to the Highway?
> or wiped all the guests off the new tracks and
> re-recorded them, even though the guests were
> contributing great and powerful stuff?
> why?

of course not, but all I'm saying is that the bulk of the auditions took place in Rotterdam with the Mobile studio in January/february - the only track from those sessions that ended up on Black and Blue was 'Melody', as far as I recall - so it was more of an audition that a recording session

By the time they recorded the bulk of the songs in a two week spell in Munich from late March, they had more of a shortlist. Perkins (who had auditioned in Rotterdam) was brought back for some session work, and Mandel and Wood also were there too at various times

More a question of emphasis on 'recording' rather than 'auditioning' from one session to the next

;-)

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 22, 2006 07:43

remember that picture on the inner sleeve of black n blue? they were all on the beach after sunset but before it got dark. They had drinks in their hands and were holding cigs and waving them in the air. The photo was taken at like a slower shutter speed so their cigs left light trails. that was cool.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-22 07:44 by ryanpow.

Date: June 22, 2006 07:44

Oh and by the way Melody is awesome.

Date: June 22, 2006 07:48

wait, I just saw that Erik Snow posted the picuture i was refering to. Oh well, its a good picture.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 23, 2006 18:51

I remember buying this album...on blue vinyl...I rushed home...I only knew the sixties Stones...than I heard Melody..with my headbangers longhair brain..I was shocked..13 years old...Jazz!!!!!That song is just great...with a realhighlight!!!And M Motel is just a heartbreaking sad hell of a road song!!!Remember that Washington 94 version ....cry!!!This whole album...is hot just like that 76 tour that almost no one likes....but I love it!!~~

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home