Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

World Cup match - What a Rip!
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 23, 2006 18:34

Tunisia - Ukraine, what a BORE of a match. Tunisia with 10 players, and the Ukraine is STILL playing for a tie. Just standing around. And then Tunisia gets totally ripped off: they have a freekick outside the box and the Ukraine wall deflects the ball with their hand. Still the ball almost got in. But they didn't get the Penalty kick. A few minutes after the U is attacking and Schevchenko goes down; compketely tripped over yhis own feet. But they get the penalty and are now up 1-0. I wish some f the smaller soccer nations would advznce.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: World Cup match - What a Rip!
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 23, 2006 18:37

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
---------------------------
I wish some f the smaller soccer nations would
advznce.

Ghana, Ecuador, Australia, to name but 3.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 23, 2006 18:44

The quality of the games this time is not quite the best, to be honest. Lots of rather boring games...Hope it'll get better!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: June 23, 2006 18:47

Chelsea - Yeah we here in the US know about "Bad Calls"!!

But it wasn't our year... we weren't a "team" this year... sadly

MLC

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 23, 2006 18:59

Chelsea: what did you expect? Ukraine (that in any case I would classify as a "small" football nation - and is a WC rookie) is an avarage team + Shevchenko (one of the best players in the world, but coming back from a bad knee injury), and Tunisia is only slighly better as a team, but less Sheva.

Ukraina will get kicked out at the next round, in any case.

Lorenz: I have to disagree. I've seen a lot of very good games. I find it is the best WC in ages. True that the strong teams are not shining yet (except argentina) but it is also true that there are no easy wins either. I wouldn't be surprised if Hiddink's Australia kicks Italyt out of the cup!

C

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 23, 2006 19:12

I don't know whether it's a rip, but I hope it will have a positive effect on Mr. Cohl management of Stones business : don't let them believe that they can sell out stadiums at any price, especially in Germany.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: June 23, 2006 19:37

I have to agree with Liddas here: it's been a long since I saw a World Cup with as many good matches as this one.

If you choose to watch Ukraine-Tunisia it's your fault, LOL!!!

Now seriously, there is going to be good matches now on. Just look at the 1/8 finals: Portugal-Holland, Argentina-Mexico, Germany-Sweden...

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: June 23, 2006 19:39

i think its a great cup except for some poor refs who seem to be getting crazier as the first round draws to a close...

i worry the elimination rounds are going to see a lot of penalty shootouts... everything seems so even

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1365
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home