Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: BARÇA BARÇA BAAAAARÇA!!!
Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:18

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zubizaretta perhaps??

Urruti

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:21

Coming home right now from and all-night party.
We are the champions and I cannot write no more.

Cheers.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:24

These threads ought to be closed.

Apparently we can open threads about soccer, American football or ice-hockey quite unchallenged. It's just unfair.

(Did Mark van Bommel, our local Limburgian hero, do anything spectacular?)

winking smiley

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:15

MArk van Bommel started last night (basisplaats). Nothing spectacular. Henry was shown a yellow card for tackling him though...

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:37

a poor final.
poor play- poor refereeing

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:59

Congrats Barca, but I rooted for Arsenal.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:08

Isnt Jagger a Arsenal supporter?? I think he gave an interview to Superchannel, to a program called MusicBox ,in the 80´s ,that he says that !

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:10

Thommie wrote:
------------------------------------------
Haven't you heard, NickB? Barca is on!

That really sounds like: the barcelona show is on. sorry guys, this aint a soccer forum this is rocknroll. you may write anything pretty much, but dont make us think that this show is still on. because it is not!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-18 12:11 by schwonek.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 18, 2006 13:23

barcelona Wrote:
> Urruti

doesn't look like i'll be kicking him up the arse then yawning smiley(

Former Barcelona goalkeeper Javier Urruticoechea has been killed in a car accident. The 49-year-old former player, more widely known as 'Urruti', died when his car hit the central barrier of a ring road in Barcelona in the early hours of Thursday morning.

"He was one of the most influential keepers in the history of the club," said Barcelona coach Carles Rexach, who played alongside Urruti.

"Apart from his skill as a keeper, he possessed the perfect temperament to play football in a big team. He never seemed to be affected by the pressure, was always in a good mood and was able to maintain his technique in the most testing conditions."

The Basque-born keeper began his professional career at his local club Real Sociedad, signed for Espanyol in 1976 and then moved across the city to Barcelona in 1981.

Urruti was capped five times for Spain and won the Zamora trophy, awarded to the keeper who concedes fewest goals in a season, in 1984.

He retired from professional football in 1988, shortly after the arrival of another Basque keeper, Andoni Zubizarreta, at the Catalan club.

He remained a resident of the Barcelona area.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 18, 2006 13:50

NickB Wrote:
> What Barca won?
>
> Who cares ..........

QUITE ! Who does ?

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 18, 2006 13:51

er, Yankees won again last night!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 18, 2006 14:31

Riffbuk Wrote:
> Isnt Jagger a Arsenal supporter?? I think he gave
> an interview to Superchannel, to a program called
> MusicBox ,in the 80´s ,that he says that !

never really heard Jagger express a particular interest in any club per se. Keith has never really struck me as a big football fan.
Bill & Ronnie are both Crystal Palace fans, however
Charlie is a Tottenham supporter.

Remember the "5 years work, 20 years hangin' around" quote from the BBC interview when they were filming the "One Hit" Video? reason he was so pissed off that night apparently was because he had tickets to Ossie Ardiles' testimonial game and had to miss it to go to the video shoot.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 18, 2006 14:36

Gazza Wrote:
> Remember the "5 years work, 20 years hangin' around" quote from the BBC interview when they were filming the "One Hit" Video? reason he was so
> pissed off that night apparently was because he had tickets to Ossie Ardiles' testimonial game and had to miss it to go to the video shoot.

And Charlie absolutely loves to do video shoots yawning smiley)

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 18, 2006 14:39

Poor final- Only action "Lehmann" interesting.

But: Gratulation to Barca. They won the cup !

Grüsse

Gerhard

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: May 18, 2006 15:47

Congratulations, Frank Rijkaard.
Shall spit on Rudi Völler.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 18, 2006 15:58

Too bad Bergkamp wasn't send in. Here are some of his actions collected: [www.totallycrap.com].

Date: May 18, 2006 16:44

Harm Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Harm Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Why do they use a referee from a country
> where
> > > they don't play football on a high level?
> >
> >
> > because theres no connection between the
> > individual ability of a referee and the
> > footballing achievements of the country where
> he
> > happens to come from
> >
> If you are a referee in Italy, England, Spain or
> Germany, you have to lead a top game every few
> weeks. IMO a referee from an african country can't
> become as good as an european (look at the
> referees in the last world cup). And I mean the
> level of the competition (like also of Holland) in
> Norway isn't that high.

referees from non-European countries dont officiate in UEFA-run tournaments such as the Champions League.

As there are European club ties played throughout most of the season, there are plenty of games for referees from outside the 'top' countries to get experience.

Sandor Puhl, a Hungarian, was pretty much universally recognised as the best referee in the world in the late 90's. The lack of success of clubs from his home country didnt do him any harm.

Youre right about poor refereeing in the World Cup, but if a referee was poor and came from a major footballing country (and theres been plenty) it wouldnt be highlighted. In an international competition, you simply have to have a cross section of referees from all continents and cant concentrate on a few major countries. Too easy to be accused of bias.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 18, 2006 16:56

Ok true, but I think sending off Lehmann and not allowing the goal is clearly a mistake due to lack of experience IMO. Not recognising a "schwalbe" (which lead to the arsenal goal) in a split second can happen to everyone. The players have become too g#d damned good at it unfortunately and the game is much faster

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2006 17:01

If you are an Arsenal fan and you are looking for reasons why the team lost to Barca last night I think you have to find a better excuse than the referee. May be it is as simple as the fact that Barca is one of the best teams in Europe right now. It was a cat and mouse game really, and it was not because Arsenal lost a player early on. I think Barcelona is a very good team, simple as that. I am not a fan of either team, I just saw the game. The defensive Arsenal tactics did not work for 2 x 45.

And as for referees - how easy it is to sit in the sofa with a beer watching replays in slow motion from 6 different directions - and sure you see everything clearly. But with 22 top players in Europe, you do also have the best actors in Europe. Whether it is Maradona and "God's hand", or if it is someone else faking or actually falling, you need video replay like they have in NHL to verify 100%, and international football is not about that still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 18, 2006 17:05

move over Sepp Blatter- make BV the head of UEFA!! it's about time they had some common sense!

Date: May 18, 2006 17:24

Harm Wrote:
> Ok true, but I think sending off Lehmann and not
> allowing the goal is clearly a mistake due to lack
> of experience IMO.

hardly. They dont give European Cup finals to just anyone. That happens to be a very highly rated UEFA appointed referee. And he got that way by officiating at a lot of top games. I watch Italian, Spanish and English football on TV all the time and see shocking refereeing decisions every weekend. It'll continue to happen until the game adopts the same technology that has been in use in cricket and American football for years and stops relying 100% on people who are human and can make costly mistakes.

as for it being a mistake, its a question of split second timing between getting it right and getting it wrong. If he blew the whistle once the foul is committed he cant suddenly decide afterwards to play an advantage and let the goal stand. ideally he should have waited a second or two to see where the ball was going to go, but he didnt.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2006 17:27

You know I am biazed. You don't mess with a Norwegian on May 17.

Bjornulf

Date: May 18, 2006 17:29

Ok, let's end this. Back to the stones

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 18, 2006 17:29

bv Wrote:
> you need video replay like they have in
> NHL to verify 100%, and international football is
> not about that still.

I really hope that is not introduced by FIFA. It will slow down the game, allow time for commercial breaks, and worse of all, marching bands and gymnastics on the field.

Date: May 18, 2006 17:41

I think you do need it actually - lets face it, it wont be used THAT often (maybe a couple of times per game at most as hopefully referees will generally mostly have faith in their own decisions) and it will only take about a minute to do at most. Personally, I'd rather have a couple of minutes more added time in a game than go home afterwards seeing my team get shafted.

With the amount of money at stake in football now at all levels, its pretty screwed up that in 2006 we're still relying solely on decisions which can be made by easily corrected human error which can cost clubs millions.

Date: May 18, 2006 17:44

Gazza Wrote:
> I think you do need it actually - lets face it, it
> wont be used THAT often (maybe a couple of times
> per game at most as hopefully referees will
> generally mostly have faith in their own
> decisions) and it will only take about a minute to
> do at most. Personally, I'd rather have a couple
> of minutes more added time in a game than go home
> afterwards seeing my team get shafted.
>
> With the amount of money at stake in football now
> at all levels, its pretty screwed up that in 2006
> we're still relying solely on decisions which can
> be made by easily corrected human error which can
> cost clubs millions.

We agree on this one 100%

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 18, 2006 18:05

well the ref just admitted he made a mistake in not letting play continue..and giving the goalie a yellow and allowing goal...

to me that looked like a clear mistake when i saw it.. i did not need a replay! it was obvious! you have to give the attacking team that advantage! its tough enough to score goals as it is

if barca had scored and it had been 1-0 barca with 11 against 11 its tough to say what would have happened..i was rooting for barca but they did not look good..lets face it.. for large stretches of time they were passing the ball around failing to create much danger.... i really think ronaldinho missed messi in there and thanks god he was not in lineup as he's recovering from injury and argentina needs him for world cup!

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 18, 2006 18:06

also i see nothing wrong about discussing this game here and neither does BV and if you don't like it don't open thread again and go somewhere else...

when you waste time posting about how the thread should be over because its Off Topic you are just as bad as the people posting off topic no?

if thats your personality become a policeman or something

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: May 18, 2006 18:17

If people start to get annoyed by football threads, wait until the World Cup begins! We should open a big World Cup thread to discuss the whole tournament!

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 18, 2006 21:35

Seeing BARCELONA´s team in PARIS (both my cancelled shows) just
hurt me.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home