Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 18
Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:47

Wolter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to post here that Barcelona is a
> great place to go even the Stones are not
> performing! Make the best of it guys. See you all
> in Barcelona.

Yep....i think your right...we can still have a Stones party....right????

Could even go tree climbing! LOL

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:48

sangia on the Ramblas-
someone hire a Stones tribute band...we can still have a good time.

Date: May 8, 2006 16:52

Any one want some very cheap tickets to Madrid from London. Despite your sound words Gazza, like some here i am really pissed off with this self inflicted problem caused by someone who should have more sense and at the very least offer to pay for my out of pocket expense. Flights, tickets trains and hotel. Yes come on Kieth give something back you P##T

Date: May 8, 2006 16:52

It seems like Keith's famously strong constitution hasn't let him down, so best wishes to him for a full and speedy recovery. As for the frustration of postponed concert dates, I think it is safe to say that Mick will be making his feelings VERY clear to Keith and voicing some of the sentiments expressed here.......once Keith is up and about again that is!

Date: May 8, 2006 16:54

Captain Jack Sparrow Wrote:
> Any one want some very cheap tickets to Madrid
> from London. Despite your sound words Gazza, like
> some here i am really pissed off with this self
> inflicted problem caused by someone who should
> have more sense and at the very least offer to pay
> for my out of pocket expense. Flights, tickets
> trains and hotel. Yes come on Kieth give something
> back you P##T

I think he has more important matters to worry about....you p##t...whatever that is???

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:59

It´s like 1998 is here again (remember: the tour in 1998 started 13 June in Nuremberg).

Hoffen wir mal, dass die Tour spätestens Mitte Juni startet!
Ich glaube jedenfalls nicht, dass die Deutschland-Konzerte betroffen sein werden!

[www.thomasbolte.de]

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:02

LolA wrote
TooTough and a few other selfish people are not what can be called "the fan base"
A fan base is made by people who were willing to take their time off and see their favourite band, by planning, going abroad , with other people that surronds them , friends and family! Its not you without any knoweldge about other people life who can say that.Show some respect speccialy for those who are here longer than you

Date: May 8, 2006 17:04

Date: May 8, 2006 17:04

I feared this would be the fate of KEEF - and it's ironic that the SKULL symbol which has been KEEF's image for years, now becomes more symbolic since it could be his own SKULL that is his undoing. Yes I agree with Gazza, they should have told us sooner. I havent seen an official word on RS.com yet about the tour. It could take three months for KEEF to recover, and we all want a complete recovery. If he starts up too quickly it could be dangerous, and who knows if he will have all his ability and strength back. This puts everything on hold, including the rumors of a return to the US in the fall. That dream is fading fast. Poor KEEF he really fvcked up everything, his health, his band, us....still no matter what I only want only KEEF no substitutes will do, I'll wait for the man no matter how long it takes, I'll be ready when KEEF is ready.

Date: May 8, 2006 17:05

no nervous breakdowns Wrote:
> [www.rollingstones.com]
>
> confirmed

...clucking bell

Date: May 8, 2006 17:12

I see it's official on RS.com now, tour will start in June. Shit, will the June shows stay the same and the May shows added in later? I had plans for London but luckily didnt book the flight yet. WOW this is more serious now, with everything still up in the air regarding KEEF's recovery time. What a fine mess KEEF got us into!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:15

LolA Wrote:
> TooTough and a few other selfish people are not
> what can be called "the fan base".

You don´t @#$%& know me, so shut up!

You are talking about fans? Those fans who talked
about replacing Keith or Charlie to make it go on?

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:17

I'm so curious what date in june the tour will start.... Aarchhhh... had tickets for Barcelona (24/5) and Warshaw (19/6). HELP!

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:19

Moan, moan, moan, what are you lot like? ......

"Whats Keith playing at?",

"Ooohh he should never have climbed that tree".

"Oooh it's ruined my golfing holiday in Spain!"

"How could Keith be so selfish?, boo hoo!"

The poor guy is seriously injured for God's sake. Why don't you write to the Stones management suggesting they cocoon each band member in cotton wool when they're on tour?. Why not suggest they're kept under anaesthetic until its time to sound-check? And that if they break their contract, the offending musician will play a charity gig for "Middle-managers who've had their holidays ruined because of the Stones selfish behaviour"

Get a LIFE!!

Date: May 8, 2006 17:19

Wolter Wrote:
> I'm so curious what date in june the tour will
> start.... Aarchhhh... had tickets for Barcelona
> (24/5) and Warshaw (19/6). HELP!

24/5 ?? I hope not lol

They will be put back to sept at the end of tour...in my opinion

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:20

Wolter, according to RS.com we will find out about postponments and reschedulings soon.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:20

RS.COM:

"He will need a few weeks recuperation."

Sounds like end of June to me.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:21

Some good three weeks to June 1 now or 23 days.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:22

Riffbuk Wrote:
> LolA wrote
> TooTough and a few other selfish people are not
> what can be called "the fan base"
> A fan base is made by people who were willing to
> take their time off and see their favourite band,
> by planning, going abroad , with other people that
> surronds them , friends and family! Its not you
> without any knoweldge about other people life who
> can say that.Show some respect speccialy for those
> who are here longer than you

I don't need knowledge of your life to say it's incorrect to state that "the fan based is filled with indignation." A few indignant fans are not representative of the whole fan base.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:28

my money is on July 2 in Paris.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:28

Listen dear LoIA
Just dont call them selfish people!!OK??

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:29

Phelge, nice job. It is here in these circumstances that we really find the value(or lack there of ) in the internet.And peoples priority's these days.It really is sad.Should the show go on, those who can reschedule will.And maybe have a better time than first thought. Those who can't won't.Its sad to see so many folks in the world that think it spins only for them.

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:29

Of course people (including myself) are disappointed, but I agree that being pissed-off with Keith is incredibly selfish. What would you rather have- a postponement, or no more Stones?- 'cos believe me, when Keith goes that WILL be the end of the band.
Part of what makes us love Keith is the fact that he doesn't give a **** about what people think he should or should not be doing. I hope I'm still having drunken tree-climbing competitions with my best mate when I'm his age! Surely the tickets we all have (mine is for Berlin) will still be valid anyway.

Get well soon Keef. You're loved by so any.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:30

LolA Wrote:
TooTough and a few other selfish people are not what can be called "the fan base".

Laughs.... no, no Lolita (are you the one of the Kinks song??)... you and only you are the fan base..... right?? The rest, we are just ocassional fans, who like see them when they come to our towns, we spend all the show bored till they start to play war-horses and of course, we go to see them by the "show" and cause they are on town......

So, my dear Lolita..... ".... ..." well, you know what come here... not??

Date: May 8, 2006 17:34

As far as fan base goes if you took all these Stones web sites, put all the posters togeather and added them up it would make less than 1% of the number of people who have ever seen the band play.Ie insignificant.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:39

I'm coming home from university, check IORR as usual - and now this news...
To all you guys that condemn Too Tough, Riffbuk et al because they express their anger and disappointment with the situation: Get a reality check, seriously.
We all care about Keith here, but he is and never was close to death, as far as we know from proper sources. He had a concussion and some problem occured - it didn't take a miracle to heal him!

I don't know if you think of yourselves as altruists, not looking at your own well-being at all - but I tell you something. My girlfriend, best friend and me spent 400 Euros or more each on the Barcelona concert. We are students, this amount equals our "income" for a month. This money is lost for me. I will most likely not be able to go to the other concert in Barcelona. I was so much looking forward to this date, I can't tell you. And you know what? @#$%& Keith's privacy. We do have a right to know what is going to happen with our money. The Stones management consequently treats the fans like shit! This is the bitter reality. And given these facts, I take the right for me to be @#$%& angry at them and do not concentrate on wishing "Keith, be well" hundred times a day!!!!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 19:19 by Lorenz.

Date: May 8, 2006 17:41

lorenz, take an accounting class.

Date: May 8, 2006 17:44

I was very much looking forward to having a beer with you in Barcelona, Lorenz - it's so disappointing.

Sadly, but realistically, the odds were always stacked against the Euro tour, going off without a hitch...no cancelled US or Asia dates- it wa salways going to happen.
Will await refund/ rescheduling news , with interest.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:44

MnLtMi Wrote:
> lorenz, take an accounting class.

You know where you can go with your good advice today? If you are angry about the loss of a months job for concert and misinformation, go and get a better job - is that what you are saying?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:46

It's gonna start in Sheffield, and you can all come to my house for some snap.
Monkey Man is staying, it's going to be a blast.

Oily.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home