Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 1, 2006 11:40

>> Did he fall or not ? 5m is quite high. <<

who knows - one version says he was halfway up a 5-meter tree, another version says he fell 5 meters, another version says he didn't fall at all.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 1, 2006 13:15

From swedish tabloid Aftonbladet:

Keith Richards kvar på sjukhus - var plakat när han föll

Gillar vodka och rom.

Foto: AB BILD

LONDON.
Keith Richards var rejält berusad av vodka och rom när han föll från kokospalmen.
Richards, 62, låg i natt fortfarande kvar på sjukhus i Auckland, Nya Zeeland. Dit fördes han efter hjärnskakningen i semesterparadiset Wakaya Club på Fiji förra veckan.
Nu avslöjar gäster att Keith och Ronnie Wood festade som under Rolling Stones glansdagar.
-De delade vodkaflaskor på dagen och bytte till romdrinkar på nätterna, skriver Denver-paret Bob och Nancy Allen i sin blogg.
Bob Allen, som är läkare, avslöjar att han vid ett tillfälle tvingades ge vård till en av bandmedlemmarna. Om det avsåg Keiths fem meter höga fall från palmen framgår inte.

It basically says that Keith and Ron were drinking vodka and rum, and that they partied like in the old days, according to a couple from Denver, Bob and Nancy Allen (whom it says has a blog on the net, where they wrote this). And Bob, being a doctor, had to treat one of the bandmembers at one time, if it was after the coconut incident, it does´nt say.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: May 1, 2006 15:11

I'm mostly worried about Ron and his drinking. How will it affect his playing in Europe. Sadly, I think we're seeing the end these days.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 1, 2006 17:32

This afternoon while walking in a park, I just wondered : I have to climb my 5 meters high on a tree and see how it looks like. My conclusion : it would be more than a simple concussion. More than the head would have hurt. So, i do not believe Keith fell from those bloody foolish 5 meters. Try and see what I mean...knowing that he is not that young.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 1, 2006 17:40

s-asla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm mostly worried about Ron and his drinking. How
> will it affect his playing in Europe. Sadly, I
> think we're seeing the end these days.

I'm more worried about his health than his playing ability.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 1, 2006 17:55

oh, screw his health. "he wasn't feeling too good, but he was playin' real well" - or something

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 1, 2006 18:40

Well, the same way you can't trust a newsreport saying they were sober,
you can't trust one a report saying they were drunk.
The only way to know, is to smell their breath.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 1, 2006 18:55

this is ridiculous.. i'm sure he was drinking..wouldn't you be if you were on a beach in fiji?

so what?

as far as ron wood he's on record as saying he's lost the battle (in apparent reference to drinking).... in the end individuals make their own decisions and live with them.. he wants to drink he drinks..so what? he's not killing anyone other than himself and he's got more right to do that than anyone else

now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: May 1, 2006 18:58

> I'm mostly worried about Ron and his drinking. How
> will it affect his playing in Europe. Sadly, I
> think we're seeing the end these days.

That's Keith's bad influence on Ronnie - the same thing that happened to Ron on the Licks tour...... and that's why Mick J. quite some time is pissed on Keith. He draggs Ronnie down into the drain......

Date: May 1, 2006 18:58

R U talking to me?

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: May 1, 2006 19:02

No just about Keith's (an alcoholics) bad influence on Ronnie in general....

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 1, 2006 19:03

[www.5280.com]

On Keith & Ron on their Fiji vacation.
I read in todays tabloid he tried to drive jetski
after the coconut-palm-crash.

I'm mailin the journalists; lets see what we will know.

This is a private blog
by a Denver Dr.
Scroll down to "Thursday, April 27, 2006
Vacationing With Keith Richards"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-01 19:33 by Baboon Bro.

Date: May 1, 2006 19:03

country honk, I didn't mean you,
I meant that dc-fellow.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 1, 2006 19:15

From the interviews w/ Ron - including the one circulating here on the early pages of this thread - Wood hasn't so much 'given up' - he usually seems sober onstage these days, certainly at the shows I attended, & I've seen him wrecked, including in '02 & on the B2B & Bo Diddley tour in '88. More that he finds it exceptionally difficult to stay clean and accepts he'll slip...Thus the 'harm reduction' approach, & how effective that might be will be reflected in how much he slips. Even in 'o2 he said he could not go to Keith's hotel room after shows.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 1, 2006 19:23

i'm not talking to anyone specific in particular...

but i was addressing the posts with reference to keith drinking or not drinking...and ron drinking or not drinking..

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 1, 2006 19:33

I for one don't like the fact that Ronnie's still drinking, a little or alot!!
the guy's Liver is toast, and he better leave the booze alone!!!!

Lit up a blunt Ronnie if you want a BUZZ!!!

alcohol is a KILLER for someone who's Liver is only working at 10% capacity...

MLC

Date: May 1, 2006 19:35

He has earned a heavy boozin' buzz.
But now back to biz & stay away from King Alcohol, Mr Wood, wont ya
(See blog-link above)!

Date: May 1, 2006 19:51

[www.5280.com]
Comment to the blog on vacationing with Keith Richards.

Date: May 1, 2006 22:40

What supports Rockman's new quotes (p.8 above),
is that if you fall 5 meters or 15 ft. from a palm tree,
you dont get a m i l d concussion.
And if you suffer such a fall, not even keith Richards go jetskiing
afterwards.
I will once again avoid tabloids.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 1, 2006 22:57

Just curious. Why do you (British people) say just hospital and not "the hospital".

Keith is in hospital, rather than Keith is in THE hospital.

Is one gramatically correct over the other?

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:01

Some minuts ago the new on spanish tv......... "the shows of Barcelona and Madrid are on the air...." (sic).... Anyway, I doubt they have more info than we have......

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:03

>> Keith is in hospital, rather than Keith is in THE hospital. Is one gramatically correct over the other? <<

one is standard British English and the other is standard US English -
neither is inferior or superior, just different varieties.

Date: May 1, 2006 23:17

with sssoul Wrote:
one is standard British English and the other is standard US English - neither is inferior or superior, just different varieties.

Ok thanks with sssoul!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:18

I would say

He is going to the Hospital.

He is in Hospital.

Posted by: Alex GB ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:26

05.01.06 Keith Richards Making A Speedy Recovery
Keith Richards was hospitalized for a mild concussion he suffered while vacationing in Fiji. Keith was injured earlier this week and flown to a hospital in Auckland, New Zealand for treatment. "Following treatment locally and as a precautionary measure, he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife, Patti, for observation," said Stones' publicist Fran Curtis. Doctors say Keith is making a speedy recovery.

[www.rollingstones.com]

No word on Richards' condition
Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 2, 2006 00:54

No word on Richards' condition
May 1, 2006
[tvnz.co.nz]

The medical condition of Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards is still unclear, with unconfirmed reports saying he is still recovering at an Auckland hospital after falling out of a tree in Fiji.

Photographers have continued to stake out the Mercy-Ascot Hospital where Richards, 62, is reported to be receiving treatment for concussion.

The hospital continues a policy of neither confirming nor denying he is there. Although his wife, former fashion model Patti Hansen, was reported to be at his bedside she has not appeared.

Newspaper reports have said that Richards had fallen five metres from a coconut tree at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort after drinking with fellow Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood.

Source: RNZ

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 2, 2006 01:16

Perhaps this video on youtube explains Keith's seeming indestructability. (Thanks to mcparty for the link!)

Date: May 2, 2006 01:25

ChrisM Wrote:
Perhaps this video on youtube explains Keith's seeming indestructability. (Thanks to mcparty for the link!)

I've never seen that scene before. That was awesome! Thanks for the post.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 2, 2006 01:33

Melbourne Herald Sun....2 May 2006

ROCKMAN

Date: May 2, 2006 01:42

Seeking Keith Richards, we can’t always get what we want

New Zealand Herald
By Claire Trevett

The bullish doors of Ascot Hospital open and shut and open and shut. They taunt the media outside with the message: "Healing the human body. There is no finer work."

Standing for hours outside those doors at the private hospital near Ellerslie Racecourse, waiting for Keith Richards to appear, would probably not constitute fine work.

A middle-aged woman walks past the dozen or so media: "If it was Elvis I could understand it," she spits, "but not that tired old codger."

Word is that he has 27 (surely not) security guards on his floor and four bodyguards in his room. One of his minders has been spotted, despite his camouflaged pants, parking in a disabled carpark.

Taking three guitars in on Sunday did not help his anonymity. Yesterday it was a brown paper bag and a Number One Shoe Warehouse bag.

After school, 11-year-old Fhajal Singh bounces in.

"Are you guys waiting for Keith Richards?" The media grunts. "Oh my god! Can I wait with you? I’m so going to go ask if I can see Keith Richards."

She’s back in 30 seconds.

Brothers Chris, 13, and Michael Dooley, 15, try to take on the receptionists. "They wouldn’t even let us leave a card," Chris says. "We all know he’s in there so it seems pretty stupid."

Michael plays a bit of the guitar. "They are old, but they’re still good."

Staff are having fun, "There’s no helipad," one says, "so he can’t get out from the roof."

Otherwise those doors just admit taxi drivers with specimen bins, old ladies on walkers, young men with plaster casts.

A courier won’t say if his flowers are for Keith. But a fruit basket was spotted earlier with "Keith Richards" on it.

There were no coconuts in it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home