Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Latest News From Wembley
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 29, 2006 21:43

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speak to me nicely and promise to write an EVEN
> longer and MORE comprehensive review of that
> Shanghai show you're going to - you lucky bastard
> ...... and when I get home from this god forsaken
> bloody desert in a couple of weeks time I'll duly
> round up the rest of the SW London IORR posse,
> we'll get good n' drunk somewhere, storm the info
> booth at Twickers at dawn and speak to a
> man/woman/child/dog in the know - and get your
> information.
>
> Do we have a deal ?

Oh yeah we have a deal.

On a serious note, all of us in SW London should actually get together for a session, to talk stones etc and generally end up in an unfit state to drive...

Whaddya say? I'm up for it. Adrian-L ?? Where are ya...?

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 29, 2006 21:53

What the hell are they waiting for to make it official and inform us on alternative venues. Damn, can't cancel my hotel. Was already paid for. And Twickenham is just a shitty alternative.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 29, 2006 21:56

turd Wrote:
> paulywaul Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > OK, so it's everyone round to Redlands for
> one of
> > Sir Keith's later summer garden extravaganzas
> !
> > Great !
> >
>
>
> Keiths garden at Redlands is hardly big enough for
> a chimps tea party.
>
>

theres always the moat!!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 29, 2006 22:16

I,m just wondering has anyone recieved their tickets for a Wembley show? From Ticketmaster they should arrive a couple of days before the show.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 29, 2006 22:19

Mr Jimmy Wrote:
> paulywaul Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Speak to me nicely and promise to write an
> EVEN
> > longer and MORE comprehensive review of that
> > Shanghai show you're going to - you lucky
> bastard
> > ...... and when I get home from this god
> forsaken
> > bloody desert in a couple of weeks time I'll
> duly
> > round up the rest of the SW London IORR
> posse,
> > we'll get good n' drunk somewhere, storm the
> info
> > booth at Twickers at dawn and speak to a
> > man/woman/child/dog in the know - and get
> your
> > information.
> >
> > Do we have a deal ?
>
> Oh yeah we have a deal.
>
> On a serious note, all of us in SW London should
> actually get together for a session, to talk
> stones etc and generally end up in an unfit state
> to drive...
>
> Whaddya say? I'm up for it. Adrian-L ?? Where are
> ya...?
>
>

I'm in, I'm in - sounds mighty fine to me. Back in blighty on Thursday 13th April, and from thereon in Kingston KT2 until BA to .................... Barcelona !!

Date: March 29, 2006 22:37

jagger50 Wrote:
> I,m just wondering has anyone recieved their
> tickets for a Wembley show? From Ticketmaster they
> should arrive a couple of days before the show.

It should be any time up to a couple of weeks before it

However, the only people who in theory COULD have received theirs, would be those with pitch tickets as the seats for the rest of the stadium are to be allocated when its finished on a first come, first served basis

That said, no tickets would have been printed until it was confirmed that the shows would go ahead at that venue on the due date.

Which means that none would have been issued yet, and probably wont be for some months yet

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 29, 2006 22:41

Cheers Gazza. I feel sorry for people who have booked their flights and hotels for the show in the midst of this speculation. I only live a short distance from Wembley, so it won't trouble me as much as non UK residents. But there is always a solution. It's not cancer right.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 29, 2006 22:59

what would the would-be oddsmakers on this board suggest?

1) Odds of keeping dates but rebooking to another London venue

2) Odds of postponing gigs until Wembley is ready

Date: March 29, 2006 23:13

T&A Wrote:
> what would the would-be oddsmakers on this board
> suggest?
>
> 1) Odds of keeping dates but rebooking to another
> London venue
>

better than 50/50

> 2) Odds of postponing gigs until Wembley is ready
>

depends on how delayed its going to be. They could still play the shows if they were to take place in the autumn (say, October). If its beyond that, I doubt it. I dont think they'll want to delay it into 2007. The bottom line is that if theyre going to make a decision they really will need to soon get a RELIABLE solid date for the completion of the stadium. They cant and wont keep putting it off week after week, month after month while Multiplex stumble from one fĂșck up to the next

If they can possibly get an alternative venue for August (subject to licences etc), my personal belief is that they will play somewhere in London on those dates.

Date: March 29, 2006 23:14

jagger50 Wrote:
> Cheers Gazza. I feel sorry for people who have
> booked their flights and hotels for the show in
> the midst of this speculation. I only live a short
> distance from Wembley, so it won't trouble me as
> much as non UK residents. But there is always a
> solution. It's not cancer right.

It certainly isnt but its giving me a tumour!!!

Date: March 29, 2006 23:16

thanks, Gazza....I'm thinking rescheduling to the fall is seriously being discussed (there's a retractable roof on the new Wembley, right?) in combination with an extension of the tour to US in the fall. Would make some sense that they would do the US leg and then do the Grand Finale at Wembley before going off into the sunset....

Date: March 29, 2006 23:26

One of the daftest things Ive read today in the news stories has been the report that all 11 of the summer concerts at Wembley would probably be rescheduled to Twickenham.

Which, as has been mentioned earlier, is completely unworkable due to the fact that 1) the local regulations only permit 3 concerts per year and they have to be at weekends, 2) the stadium holds about 2/3 the capacity of Wembley and 3) because of the capacity shortfall, there would need to be about 16 concerts!

The Stones could conceivably reschedule there but I cant see it happening for the others.

Your remark about ending the tour at wembley after the US shows makes a lot of logistical sense. After all, the US leg is only rumoured to be some 18 shows, which they could do in 5 weeks by mid October following a short break after Europe. The whole concept has a lot of similarities to a repeat (albeit shorter) of the 'No Security' US tour in 1999, which basically fell into place because the Stones had to delay some UK shows.

Date: March 29, 2006 23:30

not that's my hope, mind you...doubtful I could make it out there in the fall, frankly.

Date: March 29, 2006 23:34

yeah its gonna inconvenience quite a few folks (although the flights are cheaper!) but hopefully we'll know more in the next few days or so

Date: March 29, 2006 23:40

T&A Wrote:
> I'm thinking rescheduling to the
> fall is seriously being discussed (there's a
> retractable roof on the new Wembley, right?)

you seriously couldnt make this shit up if you tried...

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 29, 2006 23:43

Well thank God my Airline reservations are only confrimed...and not paid for; but rescheduling nixes my whole Iberian Penninsula UK plans. As for tickets, I am sure Wembley 2 would have to be refunded via ticket master, but my Wembley 1 tickets are for three people at an EXORBITANT FEE via e-bay, 50% paid for, and I do not knowwhat will happen if the event is merely rescheduled beyond my travel window.

From the sound of the post earlier limiting Twickehnam to 3 shows..on WEEKENDS ONLY, and Mick being unable to do back to back shows, it certainly looks like nothing will happen on the scheduled dates.

Even scarier, by following the link provided, there is no evidence at the UK plannning site tha the talked about licenses to perform at Twickenham have even been applied for or are under discussion. I am sure , actually, that Cohl and his minions are probably more worried about this than any of us. I would think even re-scheduling woud have to allow ticket buyers a chance at a refund.

Now there is a question, when the UK gigs were rescheduled for the infamous tax reason...were buyers offered a refund? When Twickenham 1 for Licks was moved back...were you told to change your plans and eat it, or were you given a chance to get a refund and put your tickets back into the ticket pool?

Date: March 29, 2006 23:45

ah....it's always a good idea to disperse the blame... is anyone there actually doing anything right? This is gettin' uglier than Whitney Houston.....

Date: March 29, 2006 23:48

RICHIE SAMBORA: UPDATE(Mar 29)
Richie Sambora was treated for a broken left arm after a fall at home in Los Angeles last week. He'll be in a sling, but will still perform when Bon Jovi begins the Japanese stadium leg of their Have A Nice Day World Tour on April 8th and will be fully recovered by the time their European tour begins in May.

No dates will be cancelled

UPDATE MAR 29????? = bon jovi official site

Date: March 29, 2006 23:57

kahoosier Wrote:
>
> Now there is a question, when the UK gigs were
> rescheduled for the infamous tax reason...were
> buyers offered a refund?

as far as I can recall, yes. I think the refunds guarantee kicks in if the rescheduled dates are over a certain number of days following the original date

When Twickenham 1 for
> Licks was moved back...were you told to change
> your plans and eat it, or were you given a chance
> to get a refund and put your tickets back into the
> ticket pool?

you were offered the option of a refund when they contacted you by letter. I didnt go to the rescheduled gig on 20th September so I sent my tickets back and got my money refunded pretty quickly.

Date: March 29, 2006 23:59

Harm Wrote:
> RICHIE SAMBORA: UPDATE(Mar 29)
> Richie Sambora was treated for a broken left arm
> after a fall at home in Los Angeles last week.
> He'll be in a sling, but will still perform when
> Bon Jovi begins the Japanese stadium leg of their
> Have A Nice Day World Tour on April 8th and will
> be fully recovered by the time their European tour
> begins in May.
>
>

GREAT NEWS!!!!

No dates will be cancelled
>
>
> UPDATE MAR 29????? = bon jovi official site

yeah, "no dates will be cancelled" - ie, as a result of his injury

There is as much chance of Bon Jovi's Wembley shows in June going ahead on the scheduled dates as there is of Brian Jones guesting with the Stones on the last couple of shows of their Japanese tour next week.

their shows will be postponed, though - not cancelled. Apart from the atrocities theyve committed on their fans' eardrums theyve been less than scrupulous towards their fanbase regarding these shows as well. They announced several months ago they were playing the first show at the new Wembley on June 11th and obviously the tickets sold out pretty fast as their fans snapped them up for the prestigious event. So they then added a second show - but did it on the night BEFORE, instead of the night after. Lots of complaints from people who had bought tickets for what they believed would be the 'first wembley show' - and they were obliged to issue an apology. Just as bad was the fact that this additional show was added only a couple of months ago when it was already becoming quite obvious to anyone with a braincell in their head that there was a very serious doubt that the venue was going to be ready in time for June 10th. Nothing like lulling people into a false sense of security.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-30 00:06 by Gazza.

Date: March 30, 2006 01:09

kahoosier Wrote:
> From the sound of the post earlier limiting
> Twickehnam to 3 shows..on WEEKENDS ONLY, and Mick
> being unable to do back to back shows, it
> certainly looks like nothing will happen on the
> scheduled dates.
>

still doable with a bit of rescheduling. The existing shows are on Sunday 20th and Tuesday 22nd. Move them to the 18th and 20th (now that the 18th is free due to Dublin being cancelled - who knows, maybe the Stones were looking for an excuse to pull THAT gig for this very reason. Hardly unprecedented) and (subject to permission) if they needed a 3rd Twickenham gig move it to the following weekend and bring forward, say, Sheffield to the gap between Twickenham #2 and Glasgow.

So you could have a revised tour schedule of:

Friday 18/Sunday 20 - Twickenham
Wed 23 - Sheffield (moved from Sun 27)
Fri 25 - Glasgow
Sun 27 - Twickenham
Tue 29 - Cardiff.

Hey, presto. Three Twickenham shows. All on weekends.

(Monday 28th August is a bank holiday in the UK, so an extra show the night before would be less inconvenience to residents than would otherwise be usual)

Its not unheard of for the Stones to switch the dates of stadium shows at a couple of months notice for logistical reasons.

If youre reading this, Mr Cohl, you can forward the cheque to the usual address.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-30 01:13 by Gazza.

Date: March 30, 2006 01:16

I think the odds are better than 50/50 that this thread will quadruple in size before the "Final Latest News from Wembley" is announced....

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: March 30, 2006 02:50

A little birdy just told me

The sewer undrneath the complex has collapsed !!!.

Christmas eve 2006 is looking more and more likely by the minute.

Date: March 30, 2006 02:50

I think the odds are better than 50/50 than there will never be a "final" "Final latest news from wembley" thread until probably a couple of hours before the Stones hit the stage!

Just when you think this saga might end, something else will come up

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 30, 2006 03:02

look for them to play "tumbling concrete" when they do finally hit wembley.

Date: March 30, 2006 08:04

Maybe they didn't sell all the tickets for Wembley to begin with and they need to reschedule only 2 concerts to Twickenham

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 30, 2006 09:42

maxx Wrote:
> A little birdy just told me
>
> The sewer undrneath the complex has collapsed
> !!!.
>
> Christmas eve 2006 is looking more and more likely
> by the minute.
>
>

I KNEW it, I just knew it ! Told yas so ! So then, it's me, the oil, the fizz and the babes in row 1 Wembley Xmas Eve 2006 under a funky new rainproof roof ? I love it !

Posted by: Finnstone ()
Date: March 30, 2006 10:29

Hi, I'm in Finland and have tickets for Wembley 2 so I've been keeping a close eye on the stadium developments.

In answer to some earlier posts i am sure the roof does not cover the pitch. It only slides back over the seats to let more sunlight and air reach the pitch. Therefore there any winter concerts are highly unlikely.

I too think (if they were clever) they would have only sold as many tickets so far that would fit into Twickenham. We'll soon see..

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 30, 2006 10:45

Gazza Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> (Monday 28th August is a bank holiday in the UK,
> so an extra show the night before would be less
> inconvenience to residents than would otherwise be
> usual)

although the 'weekends only' rule, is a big issue for the local residents, the main reason, for this directive, is on Police advice.

Twickenham Stadium is situated and runs adjacent to the A316 road-
its a very busy artery into the centre of London, and its been deemed unadvisable/unsuitable to hold 55,000+ capacity rock concerts, there, during the evening rush-hour.

Posted by: Finnstone ()
Date: March 30, 2006 11:06

Apparently Multiplex will issue a construction schedule update today...doesn't look like it will be good news sad smiley

[sport.guardian.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home