Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith's Tokyo Guitar on Satisfaction
Posted by: japanese ampeg ()
Date: March 24, 2006 00:42

At the Stones concert on March 22 Keith played a white, single-cutaway guitar on Satisfaction. It could have been a Fernandez Ravelle Elite, but I am not sure. Does anyone know what guitar he was playing? It had good sustain, so perhaps it was the Ravelle. Thanks. Japanese Ampeg

Re: Keith's Tokyo Guitar on Satisfaction
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 24, 2006 01:22

Maybe you mean the Supro Ozark model
[i2.photobucket.com]

check out this thread:
[iorr.org]

Date: March 24, 2006 01:53

Thanks, Open-G. Yeah, that's the one. I thought I knew guitars fairly well, but this one is new(s) for me. Thanks very much for the info and picture.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: March 24, 2006 01:59

excuse me guys i gotta be stupid...is keith using again the skull and gun zematis (a new one) he used to play on 75-78 tours? I NEED to see a pic!!!!

Date: March 24, 2006 02:42

Open-G's posting has a great pic. Photobucket.com. But yeah, the Skull and Gun guitar. That WOULD be great to see again. Better still, hear again. While we're at it, is Mick's Gibson Hummingbird the same Hummingbird that Keith was playing in the early 70s, the one in the Rolling Stone interview pictures? I've heard that Keith gave a Hummingbird to Mick, but I wonder if it's the same as the 70s one. Anyway, check out Open-G's Supro Ozark pic in this thread. Along similar lines, the acoustic guitars that the Stones played here in Tokyo, on As Tears Go By, sounded fantastic. I think they were Martins, with pickups. Surprised to see the pickups. Great sound, just really great. Even in Tokyo Dome!

Just read your message again. No, I don't think Keith is using the Zemaitis. At least I haven't seen any photos. I'm pretty sure he didn't use it on March 22 here.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 24, 2006 02:56

Wow, what a weird little guitar. Keith might be playing it as a nod to the times of Satisfaction. It has a very 60's look. Almost looks like a Sears guitar LOL

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Keith's Tokyo Guitars
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 24, 2006 11:13

>> No, I don't think Keith is using the Zemaitis. <<

well, Keith did use his new Zemaitis at the LA Forum show (at least) - apparently for Sway.
i still haven't seen any photos of it in action, though ... what did he use for Sway in Tokyo?

Re: Keith's Tokyo Guitars
Date: March 25, 2006 01:37

I snuck pictures of much of the concert and taped the whole thing but I don't have pictures of Sway. Sorry about that, but the usher dude was REALLY checking me out at times, convinced I was up to something! We might be able to see Keith's Sway guitar on May 27, when WOWOW airs the April 2 Japan show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 25, 2006 02:03

He also use it on Worried About You now. But it is not that guitar he is having in that picture on the B-stage above.

It is a large sized very classic style guitar, with metal decorations above and below, nice curved stuff and also some metal below, plus it is not as white as that one, more like egg white not completely white. I don't know anything about guitars but I know exactly how the one he use now on Worried About You and Satisfaction looks like. Don't remember if I have seen it before. Show me a picture and I can tell if that's the one.

Bjornulf

Date: March 25, 2006 10:58

>> Sorry about that, but the usher dude was REALLY checking me out at times, convinced I was up to something! <<

i wonder why it is that they're suspectin ... :E
but if you ever feel like sharing any of the shots you did get, i know where you could find a grateful audience.

>> We might be able to see Keith's Sway guitar on May 27, when WOWOW airs the April 2 Japan show. <<

that would be mighty mighty fine! and/or this new WAY/Satisfaction guitar, especially if BV is sure it's not the Supro Ozark in the photo ...

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 25, 2006 11:27

On the Radio City pic of As Tears Go By posted @ RO, Keith is playing a Martin D12-20. Its more elongated than the standard Dreadnought, 12 frets to the body, slotted head, mahogany back & sides. It was Martins first 12-string, introduced in 1964, first catalogued in '65. You would have first heard in on 'Walk Right In' by the Rooftop Singers.

Mine has lasted 30 years with 3 neck jobs but I finally replaced it with a Stella Leadbelly copy.

Date: March 25, 2006 11:53

Vox12String honey - how good to see your typeface!
i hope you got very very happy-making tickets for all the shows you wanted tickets for down there.
thanks and thanks for this input about the Martin D12-20 - i hope you've also noticed the updates to our old "Keith's acoustics" thread ...

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 25, 2006 12:36

They say he uses this guitar because his back hurts.. it's a very light guitar.

Posted by: kanoka ()
Date: March 25, 2006 12:50

New Zemaitis picture from Ft.Lauderdale DVD
[6101.teacup.com]

Date: March 25, 2006 13:10

wow, ~*THANK YOU*~ for those screen shots of the new Zemaitis, Kanoka!
what number is that?

>> They say he uses [the Supro Ozark] because his back hurts.. it's a very light guitar. <<

smile: as one of the "they's" being quoted here, i hasten to add that i presume there are also other excellent reasons for Keith to choose that guitar. :E

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 25, 2006 13:19

It's looks weird, doesn't it, to see Keith with the Zemaitis again...For some reason, the guitar always fitted perfectly with the outlaw image he had in the 70's, but it doesn't seem to fit an elderly man as well.

Also, and I noticed this with Rich Robinson from the Black Crowes as well, the new Zemaitis guitars seem to miss the hand built appearance of the genuine Zemaitis guitar. They all look factory build. Unfortunately, I have never played a real Zemaitis, nor the new ones. And I hate that!

Mathijs

Date: March 25, 2006 13:22

smile: that's not "an elderly man", Mathijs honey - that's Keith Richards. the very same one! ain't that just a trip, and doesn't he look fine?!

Posted by: kanoka ()
Date: March 25, 2006 13:32

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow, ~*THANK YOU*~ for those screen shots of the
> new Zemaitis, Kanoka!
> what number is that?

SWAY
You can download DVD at Rocks Off tracker

Date: March 25, 2006 13:54

thanks very much Kanoka -
i don't have the technology to download DVDs, so ... so thanks again!
and have some popcorn. :E

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: March 25, 2006 14:34

wooooooooooooow thank ya kanoka! you guys didn't ya notice keith is bringing back a lot of his senventies guitar?
first his black tele custom, then the ampeg dan armstong and now the zematis! i'm glad, don't ya!

Date: March 29, 2006 18:03

It is none of the guitars I see pictures of here. In Sapporo Keith used this white guitar - with long reverse S-shaped decorations on both sides - on these songs:

- Rain Fall Down
- Bitch
- Sympathy For The Devil
- Satisfaction

Bjornulf

Date: March 29, 2006 18:48

thank you Bjornulf - how intriguing!
"long reverse S-shaped decorations on both sides" sound like the f-holes on a semihollow or hollow-body ...
in your first post about it you mentioned that it's a big instrument, and that it's egg-white or off-white -
hm, it wouldn't be one of Keith's beautiful old blond archtops, i wouldn't think (there's a couple of shots of those in this thread: [iorr.org])
i sure hope someone got some photos of this new (or "new") one!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-29 20:16 by with sssoul.

Re: Keith's Tokyo & Sapporo Guitars
Date: March 29, 2006 21:47

i can't help it, i really am intrigued!
i checked the dvds i have from this tour and just as i thought: until he unveiled the Supro Ozark,
Keith was playing all the numbers Bjornulf's listed on the black Gibson ES-355 - except maybe for Bitch
(i don't yet have any dvds with Bitch from this tour).
but anyway it sounds like this big new off-white one Bjornulf's spotted is giving the black ES-355 a break -
i am deeply intrigued, and i'm pining to hear and see this instrument. have some fresh popcorn.

ps while i'm at it: someone told me that Keith had the red ES-355 for like one number at one of the 06 shows - chicago? atlanta? i forget.
did any of you good people notice that?

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-31 01:51 by with sssoul.

Date: March 29, 2006 22:31

I was also searching for a pic of the guitar bv mentioned but I wasn't lucky.
Instead I found the red ES-355

Little Rock (I guess), courtesty Gooseman99

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-29 22:37 by open-g.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 29, 2006 22:33

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rentschler Field, Little Rock, courtesty Gooseman99

Alltel Arena. Rentschler Field is in Hartford.

Date: March 29, 2006 22:38

Sorry for the mix up - its a long way from here anyway
edited it

Date: March 29, 2006 22:59

ahh thank you, Open-G and Erikjjf! have some more popcorn.
little rock was march 9th, in case anyone else wants a date for that photo.
my informant wasn't at little rock, so the red ES-355 was dusted off for a few shows - cool.
has the black one been getting cranky, i wonder? (and ... how many black ones does Keith use, actually?
have i been hallucinating again, or are there a couple that he rotates on stage?)

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-30 18:22 by with sssoul.

Date: April 2, 2006 14:39

awright, finally!
rs.com's got some footage from Sapporo up, and sure enough, Keith's got a white-or-cream-coloured semihollow -
it's hard to see any details in those dinky little videos but it sure could be an ES-355.

- Keith

Date: April 2, 2006 17:21

Well the S-shapes looks similar but not the same, but also there is some metal stuff under where the strings are ending too, on the lower guitar body. Sorry have no clue about guitars. I have a picture in my mobile but I can't get it out until I get a compatible band...

Bjornulf

Date: April 2, 2006 18:30

Does this come close?
[www.duesenberg.de]

hope you soon have access to your mobile phone pics.

In the meanwhile I'll try to find the footage at rs.com
It's quite awkward to find things there - anyone agree?

Thanx Miss sssoul, for the hint.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home